3,000 Cartel Coins FOR A Tauntaun ...

Murder_Toys

What a bunch of thief !!!

Explain me Bioware and EA how only one item can cost 3000 cc "23€" when the original game cost 50€ when it was out 2 years ago !

So a tauntaun 23€ offers only one item !

SWTOR normal edition 50€ offers thousand and thousand and thousand items in game !!!

So how do you calculate this ? heroin and crack is bad people.

Don't like it? Uh, here is a novel concept... DON'T BUY IT!

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, they are not forcing anyone to buy it, however, it rather seems a (*gasp* I'm about to use it) slap in the face from BW by charging so much for it when they 1) Think enough people want it to demand the cost (which Im sure some people will pay) and 2) Put it at this cost, nearly double of other mounts listed on the CM, during the time they are offering a 50% discount on a person's first CC purchase until Nov 30th.

However, in a less conspiracy theorists vein, they are probably thinking if it were to sell on GTN it'd go for 2-3mil and therefor warrants they 3K CC cost. They did the same thing with the Black/Black dye.

Yep, that's what I was expecting.. but a regular mount?

For 3000 coins, it needs to be a multi purpose multi passenger health regen mount with a cool Star Wars reference joke animation, 5 different sound effects and it needs to fart an artifact quality stim every 30 minutes

Or just send me a real life size Tauntaun to my door so I can rip it open and sleep inside.

Why stop with the stims. It should also issue 10 Elite Comms and 5 Ulitmate coms per week if you ride it at least once a week during a weekly Op run.

Go to ThinkGeek and you can have a sleepy bag which looks like a Taun Taun you can open up and sleep in. Best part, no need to worry about the smell!

Why stop with the stims. It should also issue 10 Elite Comms and 5 Ulitmate coms per week if you ride it at least once a week during a weekly Op run.

Go to ThinkGeek and you can have a sleepy bag which looks like a Taun Taun you can open up and sleep in. Best part, no need to worry about the smell!

I like your thinking ^^

Here's another novel concept... He's free to voice his displeasure over the price. I didn't actually see anywhere in his post where he said he was going to buy it.

It is one thing to voice your opinion that it is too expensive, it's another to imply there is something unfair or unethical about the pricing.

I for one think it is priced way too high, but I'll wait for the market to sort that out. I'm not going to yell "Me ... me ... me ... it's unfair, I want one!! ... me ... me ... me"

Edited by Sportiva

I for one think it is priced way too high, but I'll wait for the market to sort that out. I'm not going to yell "Me ... me ... me ... it's unfair, I want one!! ... me ... me ... me"

Its not like there is any market to sort out the price. Had this dropped from a cartel pak, then I would accept your arguement for letting the price in the market adjust to a price you are more comfortable with and then buy. The deal is, with the CM, there is no competition from other sellers. They will control the price and it shall be that price.

I still think it needs a few more extra options considering the price, such as it should leave Classic and Basic comms in its wake as it runs through fleet. The higher the piloting speed, the more comms.

3000 Cartel coins would only be warranted if it was a super-rare, unique looking item. I was okay with the price of the Czerka Incendia, because at that time it was the only widely available podracer in the game. (The Kurtob Alliance was only given to friend referalls and the Vectron Zephyr was not yet in the game.) Similarly, I was okay with the price of the Solus Secant as well because it only had one model in the game, albeit a mighty ugly one. (Seriously, who wants to ride a floating shield, anyway?) But it was unique nevertheless, so the high price was warranted.

But there are three models of Tauntauns in the game already and none of them actually require the expenditure of real-life money. Two Tauntauns from Hoth can be readily purchased for 1.5/2 million credits or obtained freely with enough time investment. The Strike Force Tauntaun is freely given to anyone who finishes Dread Fortress in SM. (You don't even have to finish Palace to get that mount.)

Objectively, there are three Tauntauns already in the game that players can get for free. Subjectively, this new tauntaun does not even look good. The armored tauntaun from Oricon that looks like a battering ram looks the best by far in my opinion. I don't think that this mount will be very popular.

"New Mount! A new creature mount, the Ashfall Tauntaun is available on the Cartel Market! Cost: 3,000 Cartel Coins"

FOR A Tuntaun least we knows whos the boss of Cartel marketing dept...

RICK James .... because someone is smoking crack..................

for this

http://i.imgur.com/KtCKi8s.jpg

THATS ....Cold blooded

http://s22.postimg.org/5helktz5p/COIN.jpg

I'm excited. Make it a purple taun taun or a Rakgoul Taun Taun!

Well.. all I can say is that WoW mounts go for $25.. Aion's mounts go from $15-50.. and this seems to fall in line with that. I don't really like it but.. that's the way it goes :p

WoW's mounts are account-wide.

And Aion's... well, lets just say I would never consider buying a mount on that game.

Its not like there is any market to sort out the price. Had this dropped from a cartel pak, then I would accept your arguement for letting the price in the market adjust to a price you are more comfortable with and then buy. The deal is, with the CM, there is no competition from other sellers. They will control the price and it shall be that price.

I still think it needs a few more extra options considering the price, such as it should leave Classic and Basic comms in its wake as it runs through fleet. The higher the piloting speed, the more comms.

If no one buys the expensive mount then Bioware will probably lower the price = sorting itself out.

Either that or it ends up on "discount" more often than not.

Well.. all I can say is that WoW mounts go for $25.. Aion's mounts go from $15-50.. and this seems to fall in line with that. I don't really like it but.. that's the way it goes :p

WoW mounts are account wide without having to invest more money to unlock them on other characters.

Plus, Blizzard does a much better job on their mounts. WoW mounts look better, have more animation, and their movements are not as jerky as SWTORs.

Edited by illgot

Whenever they discount a CM item, that is the market sorting out the price.

Whenever they discount a CM item, that is the market sorting out the price.

Perhaps. It's more akin to a store putting a 100% markup on an item and then discounting it 50% to show its a great deal to the consumer. When in fact the now 50% markup is still nothing but profit.

There really are no market forces at work in a system like the CM market. You need some form of competition for there to be any sense of "real market forces".