Does anybody really do space missions?

RCducks

i like the space battles. they are really fun.

although im confused as to why others are finding it so difficult? i only have grade 2 gear for my ship and i dominate. in fact, most missions i find myself completing both the main objective and bonus objective with 2 minutes to spare.

so personally i would really like to see more rewards given for those who complete their objectives faster than usual, so im not flying around for a few minutes with nothing to do except shoot planes down.

Also, i really hope they invest time and resources into improving space combat. i hope one day it is going to be free-flight and be integrated as a whole new part of this awesome MMO.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be better if they held back space to work on it because it feels tacked on at the moment. On the rails is bad enough without it beging timed as well :rolleyes: I get all this so called xp while in the missions but when I come out it says 5xp ? ***

I stopped doing em since it seems a waste of time with no xp. One of the few things STAR TREK ONLINE did was the space combat, had a real tactial nature to it (like naval battles in space lol) Bioware should of copied.

It would be better if they held back space to work on it because it feels tacked on at the moment. On the rails is bad enough without it beging timed as well :rolleyes: I get all this so called xp while in the missions but when I come out it says 5xp ? ***

I stopped doing em since it seems a waste of time with no xp. One of the few things STAR TREK ONLINE did was the space combat, had a real tactial nature to it (like naval battles in space lol) Bioware should of copied.

The XP is added as soon as you get it, the 5XP is only because you outlevel the actual main quest by too much.

You still get 7XP per fighter, 1100(ish) for destroying the 2nd mission station ect ect so it does add up to a large amount of both XP and Credits for very little effort

at first I hated them. then I was too stubborn to give up, so I kept trying and trying and then I got completely addicted to them.. now I'm mostly ambivalent- they can be enjoyable diversion and unless you are a twitch pro, they can be pretty challenging (screw you, asteroid field >_> ) but other then experience and a bit of credits which you can get elsewhere, doing something you enjoy more - the only rewards you get are ship upgrade specific. so they are 100% optional and if you don't like them, you really lose absolutely nothing in terms of progressing your character. well except for maybe a title "Flygirl" :p

On rails bad??? Did you never play StarFox 64? Not saying they can't make it better, because there is a lot of potential for really awesome spaceplay. But being on rails is not holding it back.

Also if you are only getting 5 exp you are doing space missions that are too low of a level. I just beat one of the Grade 3 missions and got 19k exp for the daily plus another 4-5k exp just for the mission itself. 3 minutes for 25k exp is pretty much amazing. (It can only be done once a day tho)

I for one LOVE playing some StarFox: The Old Republic in between Star Wars: The Old Republic...

But then again, I'm old, and like to think back to when I was into Nostalgia...

Exactly what I compared it to! I love the space missions, and frankly people who say they're hard should go out buy a N64 and grab star fox!

I completed all the first tier and first two second tier missions with no upgrades

I enjoy my daily space missions. You just buy the first Upgrades that are really cheap and all the missions up to 26, were I'm at, are simply. I like that they are on rails. My biggest complaint is I can't decouple ship steering from Shooting.

As being a total minigame type of content I do love them. And the space missions which turns obsolete starts giving new bonus missions aswell which some of them is quite challenging. It doesn't take long eighther. Sure it is not the old x-wing, tie-fighter type but it sure reminds me of Rebel Assault.

• 4 weeks later...
I like them. Fast XP and easy credits, what's not to like? Could Space Combat be better? Yes, oh god yes! But one important thing to remember is that while this is Biowares first MMORPG they've at least done RPG's before. Any sort of space simulator they come up with will either take years to perfect or be downright horrid if it isn't limited like it is now. I hope to see a Star Trek Online system(But with less bugs, more content and no P2W) at the very least and an EVE/SWG system at the most at some point in the future though.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.