Does anybody really do space missions?

RCducks

i thoroughly enjoy doing 2 or so a day. my daily routine is a flashpoint, a planet, a couple space missions, and lots of crew skills throughout.

when you repeat them, yes, they do get stale. i finish all the objectives with like 3 mins to go on some, but it's still fun. it's a nice addition to the game, not to be confused with a MAIN FEATURE of the game. just a little side game that adds to swtor.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everytime I leave a planet I join the Space missions. Its nice XP and some extra cash on the side. Its something else then shooting my rockets in to my victims :)

As for as I know BioWare is going to extend the space contend later. The reason why they implemented this is for the diversity, with there mind of extending this contend later.....:wea_07:

Oh why Bioware? This game is good, but the space missions ruin everything, they're so horrible, this game didn't need that.

I absolutely love them. In fact, I'd like to see them made coop, group-sized and perhaps even operation sized.

Once I grasped how to do them(I didnt even notice the objectives in the right corner at first) and got better at constantly moving and rolling while still shooting, I kinda got nto a groove. Only thing I wish is that if i just held down left mouse it would fire as fast as when i click it fast. My fingers are killing me today. But I enjoyed the missions, and love the fact that I have a ship to equip with new goodies!

And really its not STAR WARS without wars amongst the stars!

Edited by Saberolson

I love 'em! I do the dailies every day 1st thing then I go off questing/grouping.

Its quick cash and xp and can be done while I wait for the rest of my guild to log on.

The thing is DONT look at it like it should be a Flying Sim or X-Wing Vs TIE Fighter, look at it as a time killer like Angry birds. BW was smart make a fun little game that people can play between quests thats still IN the main game.

The biggest complaint i've heard and have myself is that thee space missions are too linear. As most of the people I play with here are former SWG players and we were a relativley space heavy guild there, we would like to see the space combat be more open and less scripted.

I haven't tried them yet so feel free to jumpdown my throat for saying this... but they look like fun to me. they look like Star Fox 64, and i liked star fox 64

If you liked starfox, you'll love these. They are, as mentioned, a nice change of pace, relatively easy xp, and it is Star Wars after all!

I'm doing for the pilot suit. Going to look so dumb running around with a dbbl bladed light-saber in a x-wing looking pilot suit on the empire side...

speaking of that.. they should change the pilot suit to a black Tie fighter one instead of the orange jumpsuit for Empire.

I do the space missions daily--love them!--but it's true that they aren't perfect. Nothing ever is, at least to everyone's differing opinions. My thoughts:

1) More would be better. Maybe 1 every level would be "too many," but unlocking them more often, either through leveling or playing the missions themselves, would be good.

2) More craftable ship gear/ship drops from missions/cosmetic mods for your ship would be good (battle damage, extra cargo pods, paint jobs, etc; just for appearance's sake)

3) What good is doing a barrel roll?

Okay, for anyone who says these things are hard... I really don't know what to tell you other than to go play Starfox on the SNES because these things are CAKE. Like seriously my complaint is that these things need HARD AND NIGHTMARE modes because you can complete all the space missions to level 25 without a single upgrade and if you really want a cakewalk level 1 equipment for your ship makes it a click fest with no fear. You know what, I shouldn't say that, I understand there are some people who play MMO's who probably don't have experience with other genres of gaming... but really Space Missions are pretty easy.

But seriously why complain about free dailies that give pretty decent XP?