Nerf Flashbang

DkSharktooth

I do. You can nerf an ability without overnerfing it. Adding a cast time and or reducing it's duration to 6seconds, would greatly improve on it's current cheesiness. The classes that have this ability wouldn't suffer.

An example of overnerfing this ability would be removing it completly or changing it to 4 seconds duration or adding a 3 second cast time to it.

Edited by DkSharktooth

lol nope. this is a good cc ability for a healer to put pressure on the enemy team and not spend the whole match as a heal bot. the better move towards better class balance would be baseline insta whirlwind

Instant cast 8 second CC abilities move away from skill level play. They are unnecessary.

Edited by DkSharktooth

Well it's certainly not in line with other forms of CC in the game. They've nerfed all aspects of incapacitating abilties for sorcs since start but they choose to keep the AOE bomb, it makes no sense. If anything it should be the sorcs that had the AOE and agents who had to channel. That would make some , or atleast more, sense. Edited by MidichIorian

I do. You can nerf an ability without overnerfing it. Adding a cast time and or reducing it's duration to 6seconds, would greatly improve on it's current cheesiness. The classes that have this ability wouldn't suffer.

An example of overnerfing this ability would be removing it completly or changing it to 4 seconds duration or adding a 3 second cast time to it.

It's funny they nerfed concussion missile making it a cast and it only affects one target. I really do not understand the Devs thinking when they do things. I can't help but think for some weird reason there is some level of class favoritism.

Edited by NathanielStarr

I agree leaving flashbang like this while nerfing insta-whirlwind for madness sorcs and assassins makes no sense at all from a design point of view. They should re-buff the later or nerf the former in some way.

But I would pair any nerf with serious buffs to concealment operatives, because it would be good to pile on one of the weakest specs in the game.

If instant cast AoE mezz that lasts 6-8s is NOT overpowered, then single target mezz having any cast time IS underpowered.

I love Flashbang on my sniper, but i miss one-target talented insta-whirlwind on my sorc... Why is it removed? I do not see any logic here. :confused::rolleyes:

Edited by Glower

I love Flashbang on my sniper, but i miss one-target talented insta-whirlwind on my sorc... Why is it removed? I do not see any logic here. :confused::rolleyes:
Has any sorc nerf since 1.2 made sense?

*Nerf of 360 KB: The argument was that it affected un-intended targets? What the....? Since when is someone even remotely close to a sorc not intended? I heard some people say that it screwed with smashes, in the sense that the smashers team mate, the sorc, was spreading the enemies and ruining the smash fun. Both arguments are stupid.

* Nerfs to WW and the stun range: I get that they were trying to reduce the amount of stuns (which really should have been done by changing the resolve mechanic and not by nerfing foremost one class) in the game but were sorcs really the main problem? If there's one AC, give or take operative DPS, that needs CC, in one form or another, it's sorc. If anything I'd say that the AOE crap was way worse because many of those truely are unintentional.

*And here's the one that makes no sense at all, nerf to armor. WHAT THE .....? At what point were sorcs too tanky? I just don't get how anyone, in any context, could come up with the idea that sorcs needed an armor nerf. I think they have two hats full of notes, one hat with suggestions on changes and one with the names of the classes, and then they're pulling one note from each hat and match them for a tweak. There is no other reasonable explanation and I don't think they've ever tried to explain it. There's the argument that it was an unfortunate outcome of the nerf to sins but they truely are clueless if they couldnt tweak that through some passive ability instead of on the armor. Shared abilties can have AC specific tweaks but armor obviously can't.

I think it being more like the marauder mez where it is within range of the sniper or operative would be fine. Targetless and thrown at their feet. Still think whirlwind and concussion missile should be instant as well as they are single target. From there, resolve should be improved (yeah, only been an issue since like...forever) and operatives need a lot more love than just keeping long range on flashbang. Edited by Technohic

It should be changed to 6 seconds like Awe/Intimidating Roar. It's an instant cast AoE mezz like Awe/IR except it has the advantage of range, 30m in the case of the Sniper. As it is now it's a little to strong. This game is CC heavy enough we could stand to lose some of it.

Maybe things are different in ranked or on some other servers, but it's not like some AoE-dropping schmuck doesn't usually break the mez for flashbang anyway. At least on most of the teams I get pugged into. If I can get 3-4 seconds out of flashbang it's a miracle.

I recently started teaming with some guildies so maybe things will be different . . .

Sure, once dps ops get a free, penalty-less gap closer and become as strong as marauders both offensively and defensively.

Weak thread is weak. 0/11.

If you can't catch up to a mezzed target that is with in 10m of you in 6 seconds that's your problem. If DPS Ops really need the extra 2 seconds they should be able to talent into to it waaaay up in their DPS trees. But as of now and instant, AoE mezz with a 10/30m range (the only 30m CC in the game) that is much stronger than a PBAoE mezz makes no sense.

I just can't see the justification for having Awe/IR be 6 seconds when it's range is much shorter but Flash Grenade has the advantage of range and lasts longer.