'No active subscription' error

StephenReid

@Darth_Nikon: You are completely correct in all of it (or at least I agree completely). To me, BioWare/EA has alienated me from the game due to this credit card requirement that meant I didn't get my free 30 days subscription (I got 27 days due to system malfunction on their end).

To me, the only thing SW:TOR has in advantage to WoW right now is that I find WoW not to my liking anymore (after years of changing it, Blizzard ruined the experience enough for me). I haven't even been logged in for days in SW:TOR due to the alienation and because, well, not enough of my friends want to play it (and those who do have chosen different servers).

All in all, I find the SW:TOR startup to horrid and for now, I feel I wasted my money, more so than with Warhammer Online (which actually included 30 days free playtime).

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is ridiculous. Not the fact that Bioware has made people pay for free time, the fact that people without credit cards have failed to follow instructions. You pay with a PayPal account, unsubscribe, and you pay nothing and activate your free game time. I don't have a credit card, and it took me less than a minute, with only £1 in my bank, to activate my subscription and start playing. With s credot card, it is the same concept but with a different method of paying. It really isn't hard. You click buy gametime/subscription, enter your details, verify it and complete then unsubscribe. End of. Edited by Pirateerz

This is ridiculous. Not the fact that Bioware has made people pay for free time, the fact that people without credit cards have failed to follow instructions. You pay with a PayPal account, unsubscribe, and you pay nothing and activate your free game time. I don't have a credit card, and it took me less than a minute, with only £1 in my bank, to activate my subscription and start playing. With s credot card, it is the same concept but with a different method of paying. It really isn't hard. You click buy gametime/subscription, enter your details, verify it and complete then unsubscribe. End of.

That there may exist an end-run around EA's bad behavior doesn't change the fact that EA has engaged in bad behavior, nor that many people aren't going to forget about EA's bad behavior in the future, which is bad for SWTOR in the long run.

And that's not even getting into the fact that EA's treating customers badly now is a good indicator that it's going to treat them at least as badly in the future. That some people found a way around it this time simply isn't the point.

I understand that EA has screwed up yet again, but this problem is minor, no matter how many people fail to understand. I think it becomes 100x more major if you actually had to pay for your free game time, but you don't, you only need to pay a few minutes. This issue is extremely minor compared to truely gamebreaking issues such as the GameNodeSpec crash, which I have just recieved :(

In addition on the front of the box, and on the back it says "Valid Credit Card or Paid game Card (if Available), Internet Connection and Paid Subscription Required to play game. 30 day subscription included with Purchase."

What this means is you still need a Valid Credit Card or Paid Game Card to play the game but the Paid Subscription for the first month was included.

yanno, you put in your card info, then can cancel at any time....all mmorpg's have done this for as long as I can remember....

I understand that EA has screwed up yet again, but this problem is minor, no matter how many people fail to understand. I think it becomes 100x more major if you actually had to pay for your free game time, but you don't, you only need to pay a few minutes. This issue is extremely minor compared to truely gamebreaking issues such as the GameNodeSpec crash, which I have just recieved :(

I think you failed to understand my point - the fact that EA has no problem behaving in a coercive manner is the actual problem - and fail to understand that the time isn't free, it's paid for in the original purchase.

yanno, you put in your card info, then can cancel at any time....all mmorpg's have done this for as long as I can remember....

You missed this, didn't you?

It is not an argument an adult makes. It’s the actual argument that TEENAGERS make at prestigious high schools where cheating is rampant: everyone was doing it, and no teacher was stopping them. So they WERE FORCED to cheat in order to be competitive.

"Everyone else is doing it" is not and has never been a valid defense, especially not for denying customers time they paid for by inflicting a coercive requirement instituted solely for the benefit of EA's launch numbers.

• 3 weeks later...
Lawyers/Attourneys from Denmark will not do a single thing about these sort of things. Furthemore, the fault ultimately lies at your side, as I mentioned before.

BioWare is not scamming anyone. What possible reason could they have, to want to scam someone? Money? I honestly doubt that. They made ~ $90 million dollars purely from Pre-orders, in the United States. Almost 60% of what they used on resources to construct the actual game, if I am not mistaken.

I haven't been able to find any sources on how many European Pre-orders that were placed, but I'm guessing it's not on the low-end.

As I mentioned before, and several others before me. Everyone has been entitled 30 days free gameplay. Everyone has been given such promise. BioWare simply requires your creditcard information before-hand, so they can automatically withdraw each billing cycle, starting as of 21st/22nd January, 2012. There is no catch, I simply do not see how people can have such a big problem with this little factor.

If you paid attention, you would realize that to actually subscribe you must either register a credit card or use a game card.

Now I'll try and keep it simple so you can keep up. If you don't have a credit card, you have to go and buy a game card in addition to the game. So that's game price + game card price. I'm assuming you can do simple maths, I may be wrong.

So player A has game + credit card = 0 upfront charge.

Player B + Game card = game card charge up front.

If you can't understand this, then I'd suggest you just go to maths class instead of playing games and making comments on things that way above your head.

hey i bought swtor yesterday and install it. I created a user and make all the necessary things to play including redeeming a pre-paid game TimeCard. Today I try out the game, but when I had logged me on the starting page I got this message.

there is currently no active subscription Wed this account.

although on the swtor website it said

you are ready to play

anyone know what I need do to?