Malckiah

Vote for what you want most for future content...Pick up to 5  

15,252 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for what you want most for future content...Pick up to 5

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems to me the poll isn't that really speaking because anyone can choose to hit all answers.

Now, redo it and have people make a real choice then we'll speak.

Even if most people selected all answers, this would still be telling of which new items would be preferred. Personally, I opted for the Class Story, mini-games, customizations. So far, I am loving being back in the game and have already completely unsubbed, uninstalled, and perma-deleted my almost 8 year account on WoW.

Not sure why I ever left this game. It has so much MORE to offer and actually thanks its patrons for sticking with them.

As for the "Now, redo it and have people make a real choice then we'll speak.", seems a little demanding, and is far from necessary. I think this style of poll speaks greater volumes about what people want and not just endgamers looking to upvote OPs/FPs. I would rather see this style of poll as it is wide open and still provides adequate information.

Sooner or later I hope we'll see a WoW-size expansion, with a bunch of content such as new class, new world, new explorable zones on older planets, new fps, new operations and new achievement missions spread throughout the galaxy (like the aratech ones) and, of course, world pvp events such as raid on wow.

Well, I know, I'm dreaming.

Devs are already committed in a releasing period of 9 weeks with every single patch becoming smaller and smaller.

Edited by terzappi

You can only do 5

Yup. Top five.

An interesting distribution by those that replied. What I find telling is that I was around from the beginning of this poll and it continues to bubble up when new respondents find it. But what is interesting is that the distribution has been pretty consistent over time. It does vary a little bit, but not much.

Last, while the poll is a bit flawed as poll go, it is a statistically relevant sample size and definitely a relevant data point.

Yup. Top five.

An interesting distribution by those that replied. What I find telling is that I was around from the beginning of this poll and it continues to bubble up when new respondents find it. But what is interesting is that the distribution has been pretty consistent over time. It does vary a little bit, but not much.

Last, while the poll is a bit flawed as poll go, it is a statistically relevant sample size and definitely a relevant data point.

This poll is insignificant for the most part.

If Bioware wishes to see some concrete data, they can pull it from the live servers, not some poll where the probability of error goes from people misreading some of the choices to "I was high that night" or "Can't even remember why I picked that one".

This has been brought up more than once but here it goes again...

http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2013/03/Mass-Effect-3-infographic.jpg

That was two years ago. I doubt their data-gathering hasn't improved ever since quite honestly.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

If Bioware wishes to see some concrete data, they can pull it from the live servers, not some poll where the probability of error goes from people misreading some of the choices to "I was high that night" or "Can't even remember why I picked that one".

That was two years ago. I doubt their data-gathering hasn't improved ever since quite honestly.

That's great, but pulling data from the live servers will only get them pure statistics, it won't tell them what people want more of. For example, just because someone does PvP 24/7 or Operations 24/7 and only has one character does not mean they wouldn't prefer more Class Story content instead of more PvP or Operation content.

For the Record, I voted:

Class Story,

Space Content,

Character Customization (How about letting us change our character's appearance without CC huh?),

Legacy (Bug fixes, there is a Space Mission for Imperials that STILL can't have it's achievements completed; Maybe updating the Family Tree? We're the only ones who can ever see the stupid thing so far as I am aware),

Other (Quality of Life Improvements; Being able to give gifts to companions in bulk, being able to move all the modifications in Item X to Item Y (where possible) in one action, things like that.)

I'd also love to see a complete mount rewamp.

Give mounts modification slots for speed, endurance, effects (exhaust jet color, lights etc), passenger seats, guild mounts. Right now we have a bunch of cool mount models, but they are all and the same when it comes down to it.

Heh. You are missing my point. The data is relevant. You are talking about a sample size that gives a what... +2/-2 variance in a very large population. You may not like the poll, but the sheer number of responses alone makes it a relevant data point. What BW chooses to do with the data or how they define valid data is another matter.

As to what method BW or any other business has to gather data, they are numerous. But this was organic and simple; a user created poll and responses. My guess is that this poll in large part mirrors what the other data gathering validates in much more detail.

Last, if you monitor the Cantina Tours with any frequency you will see this poll borne out in the questions from those attending.

Edited by Rafaman

Heh. You are missing my point. The data is relevant. You are talking about a sample size that gives a what... +2/-2 variance in a very large population. You may not like the poll, but the sheer number of responses alone makes it a relevant data point. What BW chooses to do with the data or how they define valid data is another matter.

As to what method BW or any other business has to gather data, they are numerous. But this was organic and simple; a user created poll and responses. My guess is that this poll in large part mirrors what the other data gathering validates in much more detail.

Last, if you monitor the Cantina Tours with any frequency you will see this poll borne out in the questions from those attending.

You misunderstand; I didn't say I didn't like the poll... "Liking" has no place in it.

My point is that the data is not as relevant as you make it out to be, seeing you have no way of actually knowing how much accurate it is or if people, when casting their votes, are being sincere .

Such issue does NOT apply to whatever info they can pull from the live servers.

They can check at any moment how many people play the class stories, how many actually finish them, how many play them again, how many do operations on a regular basis, how many play PvP, GSF and so forth.

If you have a thousand people voting - for example - on more GSF content and yet only have 50 people playing them at any given time, on the most populated server, you actually believe thye're going to consider the info that the poll provides, when confronted with the one they get from live servers? That they're going to rethink their strategy, based on a poll such as this?

Again, data gathering such as this is just way too imprecise to ever be releant. Direct data-gather from the live servers just wins every time.

And that has no relevance whatsoever considering what I'm saying.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Reminds me SWG astromech stats.

That being said if you want a truly speaking poll even the forums aren't doing the job as only a very small minority of players are hitting the forums.

So you'd like devs made polls after the game login screen. Now you could also differentiate the stats from subscribed people and not and also see how much they play, spend on the CM and so on.

You misunderstand; I didn't say I didn't like the poll... "Liking" has no place in it.

My point is that the data is not as relevant as you make it out to be, seeing you have no way of actually knowing how much accurate it is or if people, when casting their votes, are being sincere .

Such issue does NOT apply to whatever info they can pull from the live servers.

They can check at any moment how many people play the class stories, how many actually finish them, how many play them again, how many do operations on a regular basis, how many play PvP, GSF and so forth.

If you have a thousand people voting - for example - on more GSF content and yet only have 50 people playing them at any given time, on the most populated server, you actually believe thye're going to consider the info that the poll provides, when confronted with the one they get from live servers? That they're going to rethink their strategy, based on a poll such as this?

Again, data gathering such as this is just way too imprecise to ever be releant. Direct data-gather from the live servers just wins every time.

And that has no relevance whatsoever considering what I'm saying.

No. You are still not getting it. But perhaps we won't see eye to eye. So, I'll leave at this. The poll is flawed. Most polls are. But because of the sample size this poll is relevant. You can say what you want about the questions, the fact that this poll is only seen by people here in the forums etc. But given that a for a population of 1 million you only need slightly over 1000 responses with a +-4 variance for the sample to be statistically relevant then this poll is certainly a good cross section if you consider that in all likelihood the sub pop for this game is much lower.

It is as simple as that. My observations regarding the Cantina Tours is simply an attempt to show you the relevance. But, you can disregard it if you want. As I said, my educated guess is that this poll mirrors what BW's data has already shown them.

I voted for minigames and other.

More classquest would be nice but unless it's repeatable content like maybe class-dayli quests it wouldn't realy be adding to the endgame. For me the endgame is missing some "fluff"

Apearance tab would be high on my list.

QoL stuff like a Calendar, a bag for toys, Maybe just make toys fit in mission item "bag" There's allways loads of space there. How about a CM item that will save your talents and keybinds. You would need to be able to name the item in case you wanted more than one ofc.

I'd like to see a few cantina games. A dart type game and a Card game. And some outdoor minigames. Womprat shooting, nerfherding, podracing, Maybe a jailbreak attempt/prevent game. something you can play against a friend/s Idealy i'd like to see a minigame on all planets + the cantina games. Some similar games are fine, ex. more than one race is ok. Podrace on tatttooine and icescating race on Ilum ex.

I am glad to see this type of polling being done. Thank you.

It also helps change my perspective on the requests seen in the forums. For example, I was surprised to see that Class Stories (I personally think the time for class stories ends at 55 (you are learning your back story, and how you became a hero, where as 55 forward, is about you working with the other heros (i.e. Operations) come out ahead of Operations (What is high on my list).

Even though I don't agree with some of the list... glad to see it out there as a indication of where the community would like to go.

• 11 months later...

First, it's really dumb that polls are disabled. Great way to get feedback from a wide range of things and would make the new playable species thread much prettier.

Secondly I voted for:

- Class story

- Operations

- New Character Customization

- New Species

- New Class

if I could have picked a 6th I'd have picked PVP. Sadly I know new class is a pipe dream among pipe dreams one of things I would like to see above all others is a whole new class with the rich 1-50 story. Not likely to happen, but this poll wasn't about likely to happen.

1. New species - would love an Alien species like Kel-dor, Gran, Mon-Cal or something that's not human faced

2. Space - 3D joystick space combat PvE

3 Class stories - lets face it they were the only reason to reply through the game more than once.

• 2 years later...
I find it really ironic how class story was the most picked option (even if you combine the Operations and WZs options), and yet solely focusing on story is what really hurt this game after launch AND throughout the KotET and KotFE updates. This just goes to show you that it is GROUP content and not SOLO content that makes an MMO. ;) Edited by Talon_strikes

I find it really ironic how class story was the most picked option (even if you combine the Operations and WZs options), and yet solely focusing on story is what really hurt this game after launch AND throughout the KotET and KotFE updates. This just goes to show you that it is GROUP content and not SOLO content that makes an MMO. ;)

Or maybe what makes an MMO is all of it together. ;)

And I find it interesting that CLASS story won, but they totally did away with class stories.