"Moophy" Needs to be stopped (Bastion)

DeltaCrucis

I also posted this in the server forms,

There is a republic player name Moophy on the Bastion server, who queues for rank solo then leaves the arena either right at the start or after his team loses 1 round.

He is the reson i stoped playing my pub toons because when his on its an instant loss, the **** even quit after we won the first round and then we lose to 2nd round.

Now that i play my imp toon i still hate seeing him in the other because before round 1 he quits leaving a 4 v 3 which isn't fun for either team.

this would be turning people of arena and the game and he needs to be removed from the game.

There also needs to be an arena cool down of atleast 20 mins for quitters because there is no back fill system in arenas leaving the team ****ed.

Bioware get rid of this TOOL

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also posted this in the server forms,

There is a republic player name Moophy on the Bastion server, who queues for rank solo then leaves the arena either right at the start or after his team loses 1 round.

He is the reson i stoped playing my pub toons because when his on its an instant loss, the **** even quit after we won the first round and then we lose to 2nd round.

Now that i play my imp toon i still hate seeing him in the other because before round 1 he quits leaving a 4 v 3 which isn't fun for either team.

this would be turning people of arena and the game and he needs to be removed from the game.

There also needs to be an arena cool down of atleast 20 mins for quitters because there is no back fill system in arenas leaving the team ****ed.

Bioware get rid of this TOOL

should putting him on ignore list wouldn't allow him to be put in your group when queuing..... so you could play your pub toon without the chance to meet him in your group..

should putting him on ignore list wouldn't allow him to be put in your group when queuing..... so you could play your pub toon without the chance to meet him in your group..

The ignore feature works for WZ/arena groups too? I thought it was only for flashpoints.

it is only for flashpoints, I see people I have on ignore in WZ's all the time.

if you are seeing them playing against you thats normal.. but when you see playing with you... then i am wrong:rak_09:

Edited by Nebdar

This only works with FP/Ops GF queues. It would be a bad thing to have this work with WZs as well, and that's mainly because there is no cross-server queuing.

If you doubt that it would be a bad thing, just think about the ramifications for 5 minutes.

Back to the main topic, Moofy sounds like he's actually working for the other side to ensure wins. A 20-minute lockout when dropping any WZ/Arena would go part of the way toward stopping this behavior, I think.

What there should be, is a "deserter" debuff for people who willingly leave a warzone or arena after the match has started. I have no problem with people leaving before the match goes on, I do it sometimes in Huttball because I just don't feel my Sith Lord is meant to duke it out in a spectator sport for a Hutts pleasure, and people sometimes lose their connection, but quitters... gah. Especially in arenas.

But also in warzones, since then some poor sap will join an already progressing or almost finished match and potentially lose a lot of playing time.

Honestly, that isn't at all difficult to implement. Why it already isn't there, I have no idea.

Two things:

1) OP, your post is in violation of the forum rules. You can't call out other players, even if this one seems to be quite the loser;

2) For Solo Ranked, if someone on your team quits, I would agree with a penalty and no loss of rating for his or her teammates for that loss.

What do you mean by isn't fun for either team?

Have you read any of the threads concerning premades killing PvP? That's no fun either so what? Get yourself 3 friends and you will always be on full team. That Moophy screws up the other team .. easy wins easy comms .. working as intended.

Back to real problems now.

Edited by knownastherat

should just end as a draw if this happens except of course for the quitter who aught to suffer a que penalty as well as a rating penalty. i mean whats a 3vs4 going to prove? nothing and whos to say this isnt a toon being used souly to give wins to another? possibly a single user syncing 2 accounts

What do you mean by isn't fun for either team?

Have you read any of the threads concerning premades killing PvP? That's no fun either so what? Get yourself 3 friends and you will always be on full team. That Moophy screws up the other team .. easy wins easy comms .. working as intended.

Back to real problems now.

Lol premade QQ, seriously? OP is talking about the guy leaving solo Q ranked, = no premades. Go back to your QQ thread.

• 2 weeks later...

You guys are looking at this all wrong, Moophy is a blessing to the Bastion. When I get a solo ranked game with him I try to watch and learn how he is so awesome so I can better emulate him. I happily take the loss of the arena just for the chance to watch him in action for one round. I greatly admire his ability to lower himself to our level and grace us with his presence; if I was so much above all of you QQers like he is I probably wouldn't even be able to tolerate the virtual association with you like he does. Not to mention, after he leaves the first round he is just showing you how pointless life is without him. I cherish and record in my diary every word he types in Ops chat such as, "target healer." He is so wise.

PvP-Moophy=no meaning to life

LOL, this doesn't work. If so people would just ignore all the lower ranked players and only be teamed with the best.

Z

The only real solution to this is to get as many reports and screenshots of him doing so, and contact customer support about the issue. This is a problem worth quitting PvP, if not the game itself, over. Players like Moophy and a certain Vanguard that we ALL know on pub side, ruin the experience for others by leaving after a 1st-round-loss or even before the match itself starts. This kind of behavior needs to be put down, and quickly, if BioWare has any intention to support a leaderboard or any kind of competition in a ranked environment.

One thing I've been doing lately is actually waiting until I see him enter a match to queue, but this only works so well as more often than not, I don't even get a queue pop until hes already done with his match. This is only compounded when both him AND the certain vanguard are online, meaning I have two people to 'dodge' while attempting to get a decent match in Ranked.

Edited by Grimoir