Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Any Bonfire Night Events????

AlexDougherty

Since we've had a thread (or ten) asking why their was no Event for Halloween, I thought I'ld ask if there's anything planned for Bonfire Night (5th of November in UK), just so we Brits don't feel left out with People saying "I hope not". Especially since we won't get anything on the Cartel Market, not even a sparkler for our characters to wave.

The team is in the US - I wouldn't be surprised if there's one or two people who think it's a made up part of the V for Vendetta comic, or that we're celebrating the attack on Parliament (rather than the spectacular failure; there's nothing like failure.)

But burning Republic figures in effigy (like they do in Lewis!) would be fun.

The team is in the US - I wouldn't be surprised if there's one or two people who think it's a made up part of the V for Vendetta comic, or that we're celebrating the attack on Parliament (rather than the spectacular failure; there's nothing like failure.)

But burning Republic figures in effigy (like they do in Lewis!) would be fun.

I can believe the V for Vendetta thing, especially with the Natalie Portman connection. But I agree burning Republic figures in game would be fun, or maybe we could Burn an Effigy of Revan.

Bureaucratic divisions make Guys out of last year's (now obsolete) requisition papers, and they dress them up like Jedi. It's also the time of year the hot chocolate starts to be drunk, but it's specially spiced with stamen from native Kaasian flowers, so they have a bit of a fiery kick :p

And then they throw all the Guy-Jedi on a big bonfire and light it up!

Since we've had a thread (or ten) asking why their was no Event for Halloween, I thought I'ld ask if there's anything planned for Bonfire Night (5th of November in UK), just so we Brits don't feel left out with People saying "I hope not". Especially since we won't get anything on the Cartel Market, not even a sparkler for our characters to wave.

While we are at it, let's have an in-game event on the occasion of Maslenitsa as well.

The special currency of the event will be bliny.

You can earn bliny by participating in such activities as snowball fights, sledding, riding on swings, sleigh rides, fist fights (here is where the legacy unarmed skills may find their use!), bonfire jumping, singing, dancing in khorovods and so on. Obviously, the best place to hold such an event will be Hoth.

When you've aquired enough blini, you can eat them together with your friends in order to have fun and recieve special rewards!

As the culmination of the event, Lady Maslenitsa (the mascot of the event, a brightly dressed straw effigy) is stripped of her finery and put to the flames of a bonfire. Each player who is a witness this will get his own personal Lady Maslenitsa effigy as a companion pet.

A small list of possible rewards of the event: the said effigy, a sledge-like speeder, a neverending pile of blini which works as an out of combat regeneration item, towels for male characters, pieces of sope for female ones, and so on.

Edited by Trollokdamus

Bonfire Night? Never heard of it. If there was an event for every small country out there, it would get way out of hand.

Edited by Klarick

While we are at it, let's have an in-game event on the occasion of Maslenitsa as well.

The special currency of the event will be bliny.

You can earn bliny by participating in such activities as snowball fights, sledding, riding on swings, sleigh rides, fist fights (here is where the legacy unarmed skills may find their use!), bonfire jumping, singing, dancing in khorovods and so on. Obviously, the best place to hold such an event will be Hoth.

When you've aquired enough blini, you can eat them together with your friends in order to have fun and recieve special rewards!

As the culmination of the event, Lady Maslenitsa (the mascot of the event, a brightly dressed straw effigy) is stripped of her finery and put to the flames of a bonfire. Each player who is a witness this will get his own personal Lady Maslenitsa effigy as a companion pet.

A small list of possible rewards of the event: the said effigy, a sledge-like speeder, a neverending pile of blini which works as an out of combat regeneration item, towels for male characters, pieces of sope for female ones, and so on.

Cool, I looked up Maslenitsa, looks like fun.

Yes, because burning Catholic conspirators in effigy is just the kind of sectarian thing we want to import into SWTOR. I think the Empire should be the Catholics, as the Emperor is like a kind of Space Pope. And nobody really seems to be in charge of the Republic, so that fits too and so they can be the Protestants.

I shall celebrate by letting off those fireworks Bioware sent me months ago for a reason I have forgotten, and by doing that Voss daily where you have to light a fire to start a fight. I'll pretend the Voss commandos are Catholic conspirators while I kill them.

As it is also Diwali at the minute, I'll also say a quick prayer to the Goddess Lakshmi at the same time, as she likes fires and fireworks too.

Edited by PLynkes

I doubt anyone outside of Britain knows about the Catholic conspirators who wanted to destroy our government so that they could install their own Roman puppet into power...

but still, it's the kind of thing the Empire would celebrate, particularly if it had been a Sith power play gone awry. Even the punishment is suitably Sith-y.

Bonfire Night? Never heard of it. If there was an event for every small country out there, it would get way out of hand.

Though I don't doubt your ignorance of anything outside of your own street, It might be best not to disregard something as irrelevant just because you haven't heard of it.

However, I do agree that most country's have their own celebrations and to include them all would be daft. Ill be celebrating bonfire night down my local park with a huuge bon fire and some massive fireworks its way Bette then having it in game.

I doubt anyone outside of Britain knows about the Catholic conspirators who wanted to destroy our government so that they could install their own Roman puppet into power...

Yes, because there are no people in the world who simply interested in history. :rolleyes:

I hope not (I don't want you Brits to feel left out) :D

Yes, because burning Catholic conspirators in effigy is just the kind of sectarian thing we want to import into SWTOR. I think the Empire should be the Catholics, as the Emperor is like a kind of Space Pope. And nobody really seems to be in charge of the Republic, so that fits too and so they can be the Protestants.

I shall celebrate by letting off those fireworks Bioware sent me months ago for a reason I have forgotten, and by doing that Voss daily where you have to light a fire to start a fight. I'll pretend the Voss commandos are Catholic conspirators while I kill them.

As it is also Diwali at the minute, I'll also say a quick prayer to the Goddess Lakshmi at the same time, as she likes fires and fireworks too.

Very few people in Britain actually care about it's origins, it's mostly just a chance to light a huge bonfire and set off some fireworks, and lets not forget Bonfre night brought us Toffee Apples and Cinder Toffee (Honeycomb really), so it's not all bad.

And the Voss thing would work out good for Diwali, as you light several beacons, since wikipedia says diwali derives from "Row of Lights", and that's what you are lighting.

Heh. Being an 'murican, I didn't even know there was a British holiday coming up. I like the name though... so, I'm all for it. I still have my fireworks from last year. :)

It's also known as Guy Fawkes Day. I'm Canadian, and haven't heard the use of Bonfire Night as much...

It would be fun to have something...a star wars event that runs while we have real life holidays.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.