More Legacy perks

xAZUREx

As the title says:

Legacy Valor: one of those paid perks if needed that make all valor the same as the highest char on server and sync

Legacy Social: one of those paid perks if needed that make all social the same as the highest char on server and sync

Legacy Datacrons: have to have all crons and title with 1 char and you have to pay for the perk like companions so each char has to buy. also syncs when 1 with the perk gets new crons eg. makeb crons aren't the originals

Legacy OH: we have legacy offhand weapons but not generators, shields etc

Legacy codex: don't know how that will work with all the exp etc? start off with all those codex xp (meaning if you have enough you wouldn't start at lv 1, wouldn't bring that big of an advantage later on only at the beginning)

If anyone else has any Legacy ideas please mention them too

As the title says:

Legacy Valor: one of those paid perks if needed that make all valor the same as the highest char on server and sync

Legacy Social: one of those paid perks if needed that make all social the same as the highest char on server and sync

Legacy Datacrons: have to have all crons and title with 1 char and you have to pay for the perk like companions so each char has to buy. also syncs when 1 with the perk gets new crons eg. makeb crons aren't the originals

Legacy codex: don't know how that will work with all the exp etc? start off with all those codex xp (meaning if you have enough you wouldn't start at lv 1, wouldn't bring that big of an advantage later on only at the beginning)

Some things should be better left in the "have to be earned by each character" category. The first three items on this list definitely belong in this category.

Legacy OH would be a nice addition to the game.

Legacy codex entries would also be a nice addition to the game, but they should ONLY be codex entries and NOT give any increase to starting level, or stats, etc.

As the title says:

How about a legacy mouse and keyboard to play the game for you, since it is obvious that you do not want to..

I can't believe you are serious.. How on earth did you survive Mario or Metroid?? Or did you?? :rolleyes:

your logic makes no sense obviously for it to legacy sync means I clearly already have it

You are right, you are the unique individual to have played the game and are deserving of all the other items free because you are a paid subscriber and are a valued customer.

the other people who have 15+ alts across both factions on multiple servers feel sorry for you for having to actually spend a few extra hours of your extremely busy schedule to get something that you feel is meaningless enough to just be willed to you.

I'm sorry OP but that is only just a tiny bit selfish and yes this is dripping with just a hint of sarcasm but hopefully it gets the point over that nobody wants this except for those that feel anything beyond a main is pointless and not worthy of a second play through.

You are right, you are the unique individual to have played the game and are deserving of all the other items free because you are a paid subscriber and are a valued customer.

the other people who have 15+ alts across both factions on multiple servers feel sorry for you for having to actually spend a few extra hours of your extremely busy schedule to get something that you feel is meaningless enough to just be willed to you.

I'm sorry OP but that is only just a tiny bit selfish and yes this is dripping with just a hint of sarcasm but hopefully it gets the point over that nobody wants this except for those that feel anything beyond a main is pointless and not worthy of a second play through.

it aint free if i have to pay a ******** of CC or credits

your logic makes no sense obviously for it to legacy sync means I clearly already have it

Effort on character A does not entitle character B to the rewards also. Earning something on Character A does not entitle characters B, C, D and so on to the rewards character A earned.

it aint free if i have to pay a ******** of CC or credits

Did you earn it on character B or do you just want to "throw money at BW"?

Here's a novel concept. Put some effort into actually EARNING the few things that are required to be earned per character.

O.P. I can see what you are saying as legacy is supposed to equal what your ancestor/family has done and the legacy it add. If your family is rich by all rights you will be rich, but just because your dad graduated high school does not mean you will ( like getting all the codex's) also your Dad may have found oil or gold. does not mean you will find gold or oil (like the datacrons) I suppose you could be saying the datacrons are passed down like your family left you a house but so then does that mean when u transfer them your other toons can not use them. I think people are mistaking legacy for my other characters / alts should get everything my others do so I can start way overpowered.

I do agree with the Off Hand in collections but just like my dad has a C & C permit I had to go earn mine myself but we both could have the same gun.

As the title says:

The only one I agree with is the legacy offhand. Everything else just screams "Gimme gimme gimme." MMO's are about grinding, you ground those social, valor, datacrons, and codices. Each character in your legacy should have the privilege of earning those as well.

MMO's are about grinding, you ground those social, valor, datacrons, and codices. Each character in your legacy should have the privilege of earning those as well.

I will disagree and side with the OP here somewhat.

If the entire game is about grinding, then why don't they literally let us macro so I can put my characters on an infinite loop and have them macro their happy hinnies all over. Spares me having to do it and fall asleep at the keyboard (which laughably or sadly - depending on how you look at it - is somewhat common with me). Got to the point on a different MMO where a guildmate had an airhorn to wake me when my klingon or federation ship would just fly off to the corner and rest there...

Also with the exception of some aspects (Dailies, Crafting, etc.), the game is supposed to be be story driven, not grind driven like WoW and such. Howver I do disagree with the OP in that I don't necessarily think their should be advanced starts, although it might help, but I do agree that I would rather see some aspects be legacy based and not character based simply because it makes more sense. Valor, Social, etc. should be legacy like the OP stated. Although I think they should alter the legacy levels to be more reflective that it is account based. Doing it for the codex too would be nice, but have different entries for the various classes.

Blak

I will disagree and side with the OP here somewhat.

If the entire game is about grinding, then why don't they literally let us macro so I can put my characters on an infinite loop and have them macro their happy hinnies all over. Spares me having to do it and fall asleep at the keyboard (which laughably or sadly - depending on how you look at it - is somewhat common with me). Got to the point on a different MMO where a guildmate had an airhorn to wake me when my klingon or federation ship would just fly off to the corner and rest there...

Maybe for the same reason that they do not allow bots?

Also with the exception of some aspects (Dailies, Crafting, etc.), the game is supposed to be be story driven, not grind driven like WoW and such. Howver I do disagree with the OP in that I don't necessarily think their should be advanced starts, although it might help, but I do agree that I would rather see some aspects be legacy based and not character based simply because it makes more sense. Valor, Social, etc. should be legacy like the OP stated. Although I think they should alter the legacy levels to be more reflective that it is account based. Doing it for the codex too would be nice, but have different entries for the various classes.

Blak

Valor: Please explain why my character's (main) deeds in battle would increase his brother's battle(alt) skills or reputation?

Social: This would be the same premise. Please explain why my character's (main) outgoing nature would make his brother (alt) as outgoing and well liked?

Social and valor are things that should be left in the "have to be earned per character" category.

The only one I agree with is the legacy offhand.

Just an FYI.. A generator, Shield, or Focus, all use the standard Armoring, mod, and enhancement.. We really don't need a legacy offhand.. You can use just about anything.. Just me of course.. :)

Edited by MajikMyst

Valor: Please explain why my character's (main) deeds in battle would increase his brother's battle(alt) skills or reputation?

valor has nothing to do with battle skills or reputation. to get valor: 100 you only need to play 2013 pvp matches getting 8 medals (about 3000 valor each time win or lose)

Social: This would be the same premise. Please explain why my character's (main) outgoing nature would make his brother (alt) as outgoing and well liked?

this aint no roleplay scoring social doesnt mean your character is well liked while your other is a lone wolf, its a dice roll to see who won conversations during scenes (which only actually let you wear empty shells)

Just an FYI.. A generator, Shield, or Focus, all use the standard Armoring, mod, and enhancement.. We really don't need a legacy offhand.. You can use just about anything.. Just me of course.. :)

clearly dont understand that people use legacy gear to ship mods around

P.S. if you still want to grind the long hard way (again) guess what, you still could nad save yourselves some credits or CC

Edited by xAZUREx

Of all these, I could only support, and actually been wishing for it since launch, a legacy wide codex. It is interesting to read the information contained in there while waiting for something, but I don't want to log into my other 7 character just to be able to read their side of the story. The codex is an electronic book of information, which as such, I can't understand why couldn't be passed around my characters by one another (if they are already connected somehow afterall).

Legacy social/valor is an absolute no-go, as each means something that you've done/invested in the game and such, should be social or know your class in a pvp environment. I know ppl, who have 3 EWL characters, tell them that you wish to make it legacy wide for a few hundred coins....

The legacy datacron thing is questionable, as the trick about them is finding them, and then figuring out how to get to them. If you're able to get them once, nothing can stop you to get them on hundreds of characters across servers. Hence, it could actually be assigned to legacy, but maybe unlock only the appropriate datacrons by lvl requirements, so not making low lvl toons extremely powerful.

Of all these, I could only support, and actually been wishing for it since launch, a legacy wide codex. It is interesting to read the information contained in there while waiting for something, but I don't want to log into my other 7 character just to be able to read their side of the story. The codex is an electronic book of information, which as such, I can't understand why couldn't be passed around my characters by one another (if they are already connected somehow afterall).

Legacy social/valor is an absolute no-go, as each means something that you've done/invested in the game and such, should be social or know your class in a pvp environment. I know ppl, who have 3 EWL characters, tell them that you wish to make it legacy wide for a few hundred coins....

The legacy datacron thing is questionable, as the trick about them is finding them, and then figuring out how to get to them. If you're able to get them once, nothing can stop you to get them on hundreds of characters across servers. Hence, it could actually be assigned to legacy, but maybe unlock only the appropriate datacrons by lvl requirements, so not making low lvl toons extremely powerful.

I just had an idea, let's give him the legacy datacrons, but without any of the character statistics. That way, all he is getting is the codex entries.

valor has nothing to do with battle skills or reputation. to get valor: 100 you only need to play 2013 pvp matches getting 8 medals (about 3000 valor each time win or lose)

Please explain why WZ's completed on ONE character should count toward ALL characters?

this aint no roleplay scoring social doesnt mean your character is well liked while your other is a lone wolf, its a dice roll to see who won conversations during scenes (which only actually let you wear empty shells)

Please explain why "dice rolls" won on ONE character should count toward ALL characters?

Does winning a chest piece that drops in an OPS grant the same quality chest piece to ALL characters?

As the title says:

I cannot understand why a lot of people dislike your suggestions. There are a lot of other thinks that should be available by legacy if one of your characters reaches them. But there should be no advantage at the beginning if you start a new character.

Think about the big difference if you start a level 1 with all datacrons and all codex experience.

Legacy Perks like mentioned above should be available only if the new character reaches max level. Additional there should be other restrictions like legacy level 50 or valor rank 100.

[quote=Ratajack;6915716

]Please explain why WZ's completed on ONE character should count toward ALL characters?

You are right - Valor rank is a general level of PvP experience so it should be like legacy level. One Valor rank for all characters.

Please explain why "dice rolls" won on ONE character should count toward ALL characters?

Please explain why this should not be true? It is only an indicator how much time you spend on group missions. One social rank for all characters.

There should not be any caps like valor 100, social 10 or legacy 50.

Like others have said Social and Valor points should remain player based not shared accross legacy.

More could be done with legacy sytem though. One idea might be to open new legacy based abilities that you only learn from reaching a certin level that once obtained will be availble to all characters in you legacy a new ability for each class. These extra abities may only start at certain player levels and upgarde as with any other ability as you level as with the standard abilities.

They could also introduce an achivement point based vendor as at it stands it just seems just like a bragging rights thing getting achivements with only a very few giving you 20 Cartel coins.

What is important though is such perks are earned and there should never be a cartel market unlock option for such things.

Although not easy to do, I would also like to see more done with the legacy faimily tree aspect introducing a legacy wide dark and light side alignment and have your familiy have certain reputaions good or bad with different NPC groups, factions, species and families within the game depending on your actions. So basically you actions as a player with a particular group not only effects that current player but has potentially consequences on future players of that legacy. It would be good if there were more neutral NPC'S of the various intelligent species and groups in a sense that you could both attack if you want or maybe communicate with to earn a reputation good or bad which such a species,. I suppose adding such a dynamic is a big change to the game but it would open up new role playing possiblities and mean you actions having more consequence.