Open world PVP is a joke.. No reward or anything what gives?!?!

Dustfinder

So my friend and I had been so excited to do open world pvp. We hit 25 and got our speed racers. We then went to Tattooine to scope out the open world pvp. After about 15 minutes we found our first victim. We killed him then were looking for what we got loot/xp anything. We got nothing.

We figured maybe we missed it so we killed a few more people for the same result. NOTHING. I then asked if we get anything in general chat and people said no just enjoyment.

So the bottom line is world PVP is pretty dull. There is absolutely no reward/gain/loss for doing it. So what is the point in even having open world pvp if there is no risk involved? I would like to see some xp, or loot or something but nothing?

I was loving this game up until the dull open world pvp. At least in warzones you get something out of it but I prefer open world PVP.

However someone did say they would be adding more to open world pvp. Can anyone confirm this?

Bioware if you want to retain your PVP crowd you need to fix how open world pvp works. Right now it is a huge let down.

EDIT: I found this on another thread and wanted to post it here as well. http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/16565-devtracker-highlights-for-the-week-of-october-13

Georg Zoeller

"one of the top things on our list for post launch is a rated Warzone system where players can form teams, earn team ratings, earn individual ratings, as well as participate in tournaments"

I imagine the majority of people queuing up for instanced PvP if that's where the best rewards will be coming from.People will do what they like. If the majority likes to queue, then that's what they want to do.

Honestly, this reads a lot like 'OMG, there might be incentives for players to do what they like instead of what I like.'

If people prefer to do Warzones over open world PvP or vice versa, then that's their prerogative and we won't force them to do the other thing. As for where the best rewards are, you'll earn rewards by doing either.

Obviously they left out open world PVP but maybe it is on the way?

Edited by Dustfinder

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There needs to be some sort of reward. Valor at the minimum.

Otherwise why wouldnt you just roll on a pve server?

This is going to force all pvp'rs to have to grind in warzones and not everyone enjoys that.

I am let down as well

this game is a fail man.. on same boat here.. im cancelling at end of month.

and please no "the game is just 2 days old" ********. if a game isn't made ready on launch it should NOT be launched.

Edited by rxtype

and please no "the game is just 2 days old" ********. if a game isn''t made ready on launch it should NOT be launched.

Supposedly they are going to add something to this. The question is when. I have seen a lot of threads on open world pvp so I would imagine they need to do something asap to retain the pvp crowd.

Supposedly they are going to add something to this. The question is when. I have seen a lot of threads on open world pvp so I would imagine they need to do something asap to retain the pvp crowd.

and that is what i mean bull shet. why even release the game when this isn''t even ready? pvp is NOT ready in swtor. i dont wanna play ws, i wanna kill ppls in open and still be able to get my pvp gear. sad but true, another game failed to implement pvp.

I think it would interesting to have a split point system for pvp like ls and ds choices. For example: Valor points - for engaging in open world pvp after being attacked (or hunting known bandits). Hostile points - for those of you who find the bandit lifestyle enjoyable (e.g., OP)

)

and that is what i mean bull shet. why even release the game when this isn''t even ready? pvp is NOT ready in swtor. i dont wanna play ws, i wanna kill ppls in open and still be able to get my pvp gear. sad but true, another game failed to implement pvp.

Yea, it is mostly a PVE game though, I do know Bioware has its own dev team just for pvp so who knows. I also know they said 30 days after launch there will be a decent content update. Here is to hoping pvp rewards are there. If they can implement this fairly quickly I will be content but if it is going to be 6 months out I will not be here.

I don''t think they could just add more and more features until they could see what kind of return on their investment they would get at launch. That said, if world pvp sucks it will limit my time subscribing. Doesn''t pvp offer a good return on investment? No need to build so many instances like pve.

and please no "the game is just 2 days old" ********. if a game isn''t made ready on launch it should NOT be launched.

Sad to say i agree with you but you are clearly over reacting. The game is great in a lot of other places and that is what is keeping me playing me it until they fix everything else. I think what hurt them the most was that they didn''t make it an open beta which was foolish. But oh well.

Guess my own fault for not researching before I bought the game but I''m astounded that this is the case, I''m enjoying the ride atm the games very different to other MMO''s I''ve played but I know once I reach end game if this isn''t rectified I''ll not play on for long, the limited number of war zones and the flashpoint''s while entertaining wont keep me or players like me subscribing.

:eek:

Edit: if a dev happens upon this thread, your intentions for PvP and in particular open PvP would be greatly recieved or at least some acknowledgement and that things are planned, they are aren''t they? they have to be.... surely.

:confused:

Edited by Yeke

Guess my own fault for not researching before I bought the game but I''m astounded that this is the case, I''m enjoying the ride atm the games very different to other MMO''s I''ve played but I know once I reach end game if this isn''t rectified I''ll not play on for long, the limited number of war zones and the flashpoint''s while entertaining wont keep me or players like me subscribing.

:eek:

Edit: if a dev happens upon this thread, your intentions for PvP and in particular open PvP would be greatly recieved or at least some acknowledgement and that things are planned, they are aren''t they? they have to be.... surely.

:confused:

Yea some acknowledgement from a Dev would be greatly appriciated on this matter. However I am thinking Bioware could care less to comment and let us know what is going on and would rather lose subs then say anything.

Er, are you trying to say you want rewards for killing low levels in pvp? Open world pvp doesn't need rewards, the reward is you can kill someone trying to kill the mobs you want to kill or kill that guy who's trying to collect the resource node you want. What you are asking for leads to kill trading because it's much easier to do in open world than it is in warzones.

Er, are you trying to say you want rewards for killing low levels in pvp? Open world pvp doesn't need rewards, the reward is you can kill someone trying to kill the mobs you want to kill or kill that guy who's trying to collect the resource node you want. What you are asking for leads to kill trading because it's much easier to do in open world than it is in warzones.

always the same **** arguments "Kill trading" and "killing low levels".... This problem is fixed in other other games since years.

and please no "the game is just 2 days old" ********. if a game isn't made ready on launch it should NOT be launched.

I know for a fact with that statement you play too much WoW and you didnt play beta or the first 6months to a year of the game. No raids, no BGs for the first year almost. Open world PvP had no rewards but it was epic.... SS/TM fights would draw 100+ per faction, with not a terrible amount of lag for huge fights.

End game were UBRS runs, scholo and DM tribute runs. Arcanite reaper was the s***....

A lot of people quit then too for the same reason and came back year+ later when MC was out, BWL in the works and BGs were made. Like Rome, Wow wasnt made in a day and this game will be no different.

Not that I am trying to keep you here, just saying. Give the game a chance it may surprise you where it goes. Ultimately it could suffer the fate of AoC, Rift and others though... Everyone wants instant perfection and have really short or no memory of the great games and their level of initial fail.

All that said, I will be getting GW2 when it comes out myself :p But see myself still playing this as well.

Edited by RG_jhanlec

Who said anything about killing low levels? I didn't. I am killing appriopriate level players and players who are above my level. I am not asking for kill trading. It is a dull system the way it is now. There should be some sort of reward for doing so. Stop acting like everyone just kill trades because that is not the case.

Ok, yes...basic PVP server open world pvp has no rewards aside from getting the kill...and that's the way it should be.

This is NOT all open world PVP in the game though. The dedicated open world PVP DOES have rewards.

On Tatooine in the middle somewhere ( I haven't personally gone there yet, but a friend did the other day. I've been too busy leveling, hehe ), there is "Outlaws Den" which is Team based PVP. Meaning you can fight anyone not in your group, republic and empire both.

For this one, there are high level crafting nodes throughout the area as well as a vendor that sells some unique items. You can also get a raid together to kill the vendor ( I believe hes a 50 boss or even world boss though ) and will drop different items than he sells.

The main show though is Ilum, where you get the tokens and stuff for the best PVP gear. Yes...that's right, the best PVP gear comes from open world pvp. So much for no rewards...

Ilum is an RVR ( Realm vs Realm ) area where you will fight over objectives. Youll get various walkers to help, which must be shot with a rocket ( though the attackers can hit these people to stop them. )

Those of you wanting some kind of reward for killing in Open World PvP, sorry... you're just not true pvp'ers.

True pvp'ers pvp for the thrill and challenge. The reward is in the accomplishment of taking on your opponents and stomping them.

This was the case in Vanilla WoW and it brought out the best in skillful PvP.

If you are awarded something, it's just a bonus. But to only do it for rewards... don't expect to be taken seriously as a true pvper.

Edited by Lazorous

Those of you wanting some kind of reward for killing in Open World PvP, sorry... you're just not true pvp'ers.

True pvp'ers pvp for the thrill and challenge. The reward is in the accomplishment of taking on your opponents and stomping them.

This was the case in Vanilla WoW and it brought out the best in skillful PvP.

If you are awarded something, it's just a bonus. But to only do it for rewards... don't expect to be taken seriously as a true pvper.

Wanting rewards has nothing to do with being a true pvper or not lol. What a stupid arguement. Some people like rewards for doing something it makes you feel like you are accomplishing something with your character rather than nothing at all. I will open pvp either way but in the end there should be some sort of reward even loot that is sold to a vendor or a little valor. Warzones should not be the only way to acquire valor. As it is there won't be many people doing open PVP for the fact there is nothing for them to gain from it.

Wanting rewards has nothing to do with being a true pvper or not lol. What a stupid arguement. Some people like rewards for doing something it makes you feel like you are accomplishing something with your character rather than nothing at all. I will open pvp either way but in the end there should be some sort of reward even loot that is sold to a vendor or a little valor. Warzones should not be the only way to acquire valor. As it is there won't be many people doing open PVP for the fact there is nothing for them to gain from it.

Yes there is a difference. Just because you can't comprehend that, doesn't make it an invalid comment.

There are people who pvp for the challenge and consider any additional loot rewards as just bonuses. They don't need to pvp only for rewards, or will only pvp with an incentive.

True pvp'ers do it for the challenge and to learn from it. They are enticed to engage in combat for the purpose of just winning the fight. If the fight is lost, they will learn from it and continue to fight to be better.

Whether loot or valor points is involved, it's irrelevant. That's what Warzones are for, and perhaps future Arenas if implemented.

People who do things for the purpose of improving themselves, are truer to the activity than those who do it specifically for tangible rewards. This applies to real life. Try learning some Martial Arts, as an example, and perhaps you may be able grasp this idea of what overcoming challenge really means.

You want loot or valor? That's fine. I'm just not calling you a true pvper. Too bad.