Just resubscribed- couple few questions for the long time players

Kapono

Hey all- I just resubscribed to SWTOR and I had a few questions for long time players:

1. I can't seem to find a macro interface; I was looking to make a couple mouseover taunt and mouseover forcechoke macros (where I could just mouseover a target and cast the spell rather than swapping targets). Is it right in front of me or am I just not seeing the menu?

2. Is there somewhere I can go for a list of color crystals with previews? Some of them look really cool.

3. What crew skills are useful these days? Is it worth sending my crew out on gathering missions? Are Slicing missions still worthwhile over the long term for the mission items you can get? Should I take the time to reverse engineer the max level stuff to get intro gear, or is that kind of a time sink?

4. Is there a site where I can go to see all the new outfits/armors?

Thanks in advance!

Hey all- I just resubscribed to SWTOR and I had a few questions for long time players:

1. I can't seem to find a macro interface; I was looking to make a couple mouseover taunt and mouseover forcechoke macros (where I could just mouseover a target and cast the spell rather than swapping targets). Is it right in front of me or am I just not seeing the menu?

2. Is there somewhere I can go for a list of color crystals with previews? Some of them look really cool.

3. What crew skills are useful these days? Is it worth sending my crew out on gathering missions? Are Slicing missions still worthwhile over the long term for the mission items you can get? Should I take the time to reverse engineer the max level stuff to get intro gear, or is that kind of a time sink?

Thanks in advance!

There's sites for 2 and 4 but I don't know them.

1. There's no macros, the community and devs are terrified of them :confused:

3. Slicing is for big money while you are int he open world, you barely break even on the companion away missions, so just use it for gathering. Also there's a shortcut or two in flashpoints that slicers can 'hack' for the group. That's trivial.

http://dulfy.net/ is the only site you'll ever need. She is beyond amazing in what she has there...everything from speeders to guides to armors to crystals.

Also, I suggest slicing, but it doesn't matter when you get it because it's easy to level, unlike some other skills. Instead, I'd suggest Diplomacy to max affection, alignment and bank companion gifts along with scavenging and cybertech so you can craft your own armorings and mods...saves a ton of $ leveling.

Personally I'd just take Bioanalysis, Scavenging, and Slicing, gather mats and sell them.

Dulfy is a great site for seeing pretty much any items in game, there are a few others as well for outfits in particular though like http://swtorista.com/ and tor-fashion.com

I might modify that slightly, bioanlaysis, slicing, and treasurehunting

last for the gifts, you could do diplomacy if you wanted light/dark but find that treasurehunting offers a bit more especially with the crystals that you can pull from any missions given by slicing.

I might modify that slightly, bioanlaysis, slicing, and treasurehunting

last for the gifts, you could do diplomacy if you wanted light/dark but find that treasurehunting offers a bit more especially with the crystals that you can pull from any missions given by slicing.

Can you do higher level treasure finding missions with a low level character? I seem to remember reading that low level characters couldn't open the boxes for some reason.

Can you do higher level treasure finding missions with a low level character? I seem to remember reading that low level characters couldn't open the boxes for some reason.

You'll be gated by your skills/crafting level (0-450) - I don't believe character level is part of that, just your crafting level.

Thanks in advance!

No macros unfortunately. But if you have a Logitech or Razer gaming mouse you can use their software to map the extra mouse buttons to your most important key bindings.

This a probably a good starting place for 2 & 3: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=425519. http://dulfy.net/2012/05/07/endgame-color-crystals-post-1-2-and-how-to-obtain-them/ also has a nice section on crystals.

As mentioned earlier, for armor http://swtorista.com/ is fairly robust.

Edited by GalacticKegger

No macros unfortunately. But if you have a Logitech or Razer gaming mouse you can use their software to map the extra mouse buttons to your most important key bindings.

This a probably a good starting place for 2 & 3: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=425519. http://dulfy.net/2012/05/07/endgame-color-crystals-post-1-2-and-how-to-obtain-them/ also has a nice section on crystals.

As mentioned earlier, for armor http://swtorista.com/ is fairly robust.

Yes you can use 3rd party software but a few months back there was a raging macro debate and BW noted there's a fine line and anything that does a sequence or priority was against ToS. Or something like that I am too lazy to look for the post and BWs multiple posts in it. Essential it boiled down to most macro uses was a no no. It's in the PvP forums and a huge thread if anyone's interested.

That said there are fracking videos posted in the forums with heavy macro use of essentially people doing exactly what they said is a no and they aren't band. One suck is the Dark Maul thread in the Sin forums. Just a heads up.

Yes you can use 3rd party software but a few months back there was a raging macro debate and BW noted there's a fine line and anything that does a sequence or priority was against ToS. Or something like that I am too lazy to look for the post and BWs multiple posts in it. Essential it boiled down to most macro uses was a no no. It's in the PvP forums and a huge thread if anyone's interested.

That said there are fracking videos posted in the forums with heavy macro use of essentially people doing exactly what they said is a no and they aren't band. One suck is the Dark Maul thread in the Sin forums. Just a heads up.

BW had a deal at release with Razer for their mouse & keyboard combination that allowed "pseudo macros" - i.e. mapping of existing keybinds only, couldn't script anything. That's essentially what I do now.

It's not mouse-over casting because you don't have the keyboard hand queueing up a string of abilities that takes a single click to cast. Still have to select the target, then click a specific mouse button to cast a single ability ... no daisy chaining. Two quick clicks for fat fingered dweebs like me helps, especially when healing using raid frames. It's just less clumsy because it's all on the mouse.

The real benefit for me comes from freeing up the keyboard hand for movement while both targeting and casting are done with the mouse. Works great for fast paced tanking and strafing while staying out of the stuff.

I also use TORParse with TOR in fullscreen/windowed mode on guild runs for the combat logging. It's a bit cantankerous, but it works.

Edited by GalacticKegger

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.