"healer" companions

ibervang

Is it only me that is sick and tired of the retarded AI of the companions. So many times have i seen my "healer" companion, with its healing stance on, spending more time doing dps, then healing me, even when im about to die. And god forbid you move out of range for it (which might happen when you force jump) then it defitnitly wont heal you. I have died on numerous occations due to my companion not doing what it is ment to.

Is it only me that is sick and tired of the retarded AI of the companions. So many times have i seen my "healer" companion, with its healing stance on, spending more time doing dps, then healing me, even when im about to die. And god forbid you move out of range for it (which might happen when you force jump) then it defitnitly wont heal you. I have died on numerous occations due to my companion not doing what it is ment to.

*cough* Mako *cough*

Odd. I've never experienced this.

Elara stays firmly in my hip pocket (even when I don't want her to, like against Battlelord Kreshan). Mako's scrapperlock doesn't bother me because my BH is a Merc (so can heal himself). Quinn needs to shoot more and (over)heal less since my Juggy doesn't take much damage.

As someone suggested, turn off the extraneous abilities. Not just for healers but for all companions. Customize the companion to your liking. I used to hate when Elara would use her CC ability (Carbonite Stream?) because her target selection was poor. So I turned it off and only use it manually now.

Click off, or disable, all non-healing abilities. That works wonders imo.

I've always found the channel CC to be the worst for causing a lack of healing. Especially when the mob in question is immune.

Everything else has always been about range for me. Though I have noticed that some abilities won't be used unless you are fairly close to your companion.