Vibroknifes as an Optional Mainhand Weapon for Operatives!

Jamalzero

I think this would be so cool if I could use a knife as my main hand weapon as an Operative. You don't have many distance attacks and the few that require a blaster could easily be replaced in a patch update implementing the new feature. As a Concealment Operative this could totally work and be visually spectacular because you're constantly slicing your opponent.

Operatives list of attacks and what they could be if they used a knife

(1) Rifle shot---------------Shank, Slice Up, or Cut Up (making the same visual action as Laceration just in 3 slices)

(2) Overload shot---------Knife Throw (making the same visual action as Sever Tendon)

(3) Snipe--------------------Aimed Knife Throw (making the same visual action as seder tendon just with a larger knife)

(4) Carbine Burst---------Knife Barrage (throwing knifes in a "V" pattern in fron of where you're currently looking)

Thats only four abilities that use the rifle...please I'm begging you for this promising and cool idea that would help the game look a little cooler from the operative perspective.

Everything else can look the same because it does not require a gun to do...I just pointed out and realized how little i use the Gun or shooting feature when playing as a Concealment Operative I would love to see this change in a future patch and I hope i get the support from the players and Devs for this.

Edited by Jamalzero

That's an amazing idea! I love it. It would be so cool just running around with a knife in your hand lol. It would be also cool if the scoundrels have it also. The constant sound of a scattergun lol. :D:D:cool: Edited by AgentTace

But the Operative needs the blaster rifle for Lethality.

I agree; however, thats why I suggested it to be Optional just like for the Commando class not many abilities require an assault cannon (especially if youre a healer) most commandos i know use a blaster rifle to draw less attention to them when playing PvP....most ppl tend to auto target commandos due to the big A** gun they wield.

But getting back to the topic if youre in lethality spec you can use the blaster rifle, I just think in the "Concealment" spec it would be cool if you could just run around with a vibroknife as a mainhand weapon.

Would you even notice? The effects I see are on the target as that's where my focus is. Also if you had a knnife in the main hand what would happen to all your cover abilities. You'd end up being a melee dps. This would require a complete revamp of the entire class as the operative is squishy as hell. Also where does that leave the scoundrel that doesn't have knives?

Would you even notice? The effects I see are on the target as that's where my focus is. Also if you had a knnife in the main hand what would happen to all your cover abilities. You'd end up being a melee dps. This would require a complete revamp of the entire class as the operative is squishy as hell. Also where does that leave the scoundrel that doesn't have knives?

As an Operative you only have 2 cover abilities..."Snipe" which can be changed to "Aimed knife throw" and "explosion probe". Aimed knife throw can look just like sever tendon just with a cast bar....no need for a revamp.

You'd lose your 30m range on your basic attack... Are you sure that's what you want ?

Yes, In Concealment spec I want it to be a pure melee DPS focus and again its Optional for the use of a vibroknife as a mainhand weapon. Nothing needs to have a drastic change. just the addition of a new weapon feature and different names for attacks with recycled animations from what the game already uses.

NPC's use a knife throw ability all the time some make you bleed when hit with a knife. So the mechanic is already in the game for the attacks that I want to see, I'm just suggesting it be optional for Operatives that want to go full melee in the Concealment tree spec. Edited by Jamalzero

Yes you would notice the changes. The. Visual on lacerating your target is way more obvious than shooting if you cared at all about the games mechanics and visual effects.

Due to the fact you're full melee and again this being Optional in the Concealment spec you hardly ever use your blaster rifle it's just knife attack after knife attack. The whole point of a concealment operative is melee dps.

You're only range dps (which is subjective by the way) when you're in the lethality tree and you really only have 10m of range in that tree (so that's not really range since this game has clearly pointed out range dps is 30m+).

Edited by Jamalzero

But the Operative needs the blaster rifle for Lethality.

I meant that it was an odd choice giving a rifle (usually a long range weapon) only to advaced classes that usually fight at "pistol range" (not ig pistol range).

Edited by trueKieran

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...