Relics (Not a qq abuse thread,lol)

OpeningToEndgame

I am actually curious about this as well, as Vig Guard I've kept my EWH relic as I feel it provides more dmg than Matrix Cube.

I am not sure that extra 6% crit proc is worth it as compared to the Main Stat relic.

For Merc I am using crit and power proc relics.

If you have an auto-crit mechanic, I think the main stat + power proc relics would be a better combo (more increase to your bonus damage)

This is the same combo I'm using for my merc. Though I think once I get there I'll grab the mainstat relic and try it out with the power.

Edited by cycao

This is the same combo I'm using for my merc. Though I think once I get there I'll grab the mainstat relic and try it out with the power.

been using power + main stat on VG, but main stat apparently procs twice as often as supposed to so will have to wait until fix to know which is better (mian stat/crit).

Wow that relic is broken too? What are they even doing over there at bw?

Well if they hold true to the RNG standard there is a pretty solid chance that a random percent of all relics will be broken and a random percent of them working as intended. This seems to be the norm.

Well if they hold true to the RNG standard there is a pretty solid chance that a random percent of all relics will be broken and a random percent of them working as intended. This seems to be the norm.

Can't really decide which one is worse. 'Working as intended' or simply broken ...

How much is the mainstat proc relic, and how often?

The reason I ask, is that the old elemental transcendence and dark radiance are probably still BIS. Those relics proc every 4.5 seconds, and do an extra 202 damage that can't be shielded and ignores armor.

In fact, I'm pretty sure those are BIS, because they can proc a dozen times a minute, and add an extra 2693 extra damage assuming that none of those hits crit. This is around 45 DPS added.

(60/4.5)*202*1.75 surge = 4713 if everything crits, or about 78 DPS.

So between 45 and 78 DPS for the old damage relics, lets do the math for mainstat bonus damage.

Edited by Brunner_Venda

Addendum, for mainstat to be competitive with one of the old damage relics, it would need to produce about 50 DPS steady to be BIS.

That's about 250 mainstat, for the whole minute. Problem is, the proc doesn't last the whole minute, only about 6 seconds or so. Even if it were 600 mainstat, it still would not average to 250 per second for 60 seconds.

So, my theory is that the old conqueror damage relics are a really nice BIS legacy item for players that were smart enough to get one post 2.0. Post 2.4 players are SOL.

So, my theory is that the old conqueror damage relics are a really nice BIS legacy item for players that were smart enough to get one post 2.0. Post 2.4 players are SOL.

yeah. I still have the conq. don't notice a difference atm, but stuff is so screwy right now with absorbs and doubling up on power relics that I've given up trying to figure it out. I'm just running power + main stat with the assumption that the broken stuff will be fixed and the legacy conq procs (e.g., elemental transcendence) will be changed or eliminated.

edit: and are you sure about your calc? I would imagine another 225 aim would make me burstier but sacrifice sustained dps.

Edited by foxmob

How much is the mainstat proc relic, and how often?

The reason I ask, is that the old elemental transcendence and dark radiance are probably still BIS. Those relics proc every 4.5 seconds, and do an extra 202 damage that can't be shielded and ignores armor.

In fact, I'm pretty sure those are BIS, because they can proc a dozen times a minute, and add an extra 2693 extra damage assuming that none of those hits crit. This is around 45 DPS added.

(60/4.5)*202*1.75 surge = 4713 if everything crits, or about 78 DPS.

So between 45 and 78 DPS for the old damage relics, lets do the math for mainstat bonus damage.

You do realize that the added 4713 dps over the course of a minute is essentially 1 tick of a healing trance, right? Burst=Kills.

yeah. I still have the conq. don't notice a difference atm, but stuff is so screwy right now with absorbs and doubling up on power relics that I've given up trying to figure it out. I'm just running power + main stat with the assumption that the broken stuff will be fixed and the legacy conq procs (e.g., elemental transcendence) will be changed or eliminated.

edit: and are you sure about your calc? I would imagine another 225 aim would make me burstier but sacrifice sustained dps.

225 aim is only another 49.5 bonus damage, because each point of AIM is worth ABOUT .22 bonus damage with 'steely resolve'. Assuming you attack once per second (using GCD attacks like shoulder cannon). You will do a total of 300 extra damage over the six second proc window.

300. Even if that procs twice a minute, that's 600 damage, or about 10 DPS.

My math may be a bit off, but not that far.

You do realize that the added 4713 dps over the course of a minute is essentially 1 tick of a healing trance, right? Burst=Kills.

I'm just looking at the total contribution of the relic to overall damage output.

No, it isn't much, but 50 is five times better than 10, and both are better than nothing at all.

The old relics aren't likely to get adjusted, because they aren't broken. They've always worked like this, and the old damage relics proc an average of twice per 15 second rotation.

I'm just looking at the total contribution of the relic to overall damage output.

No, it isn't much, but 50 is five times better than 10, and both are better than nothing at all.

The old relics aren't likely to get adjusted, because they aren't broken. They've always worked like this, and the old damage relics proc an average of twice per 15 second rotation.

The main stat relic would also increase your crit chance slightly as well, wouldn't it?

225 aim is only another 49.5 bonus damage, because each point of AIM is worth ABOUT .22 bonus damage with 'steely resolve'. Assuming you attack once per second (using GCD attacks like shoulder cannon). You will do a total of 300 extra damage over the six second proc window.

300. Even if that procs twice a minute, that's 600 damage, or about 10 DPS.

My math may be a bit off, but not that far.

it's a 12s proc window.

I have a lvl 35 scoundrel, who I'm using to do unranked matches. what are the most recommended relics for a scoundrel healer in PvP once I get to 55? (yeah, I know, scouperatives suck and all that....) . I'm still a noob on this PvP business.

And no, fortunately I don't do 55 PvP yet, so I'm out of the relic mess of the past week.

Edited by metalfenix