Kaggath Tournament - Alliance of Worlds vs Krayt's Vision

Beniboybling

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They can do this while attempting to be hacked by Luke? and still don't see evidence of Force lightning penetrating a powerful energy shield. Also unsure that the Force crush could work because his armor was much stronger then mosts, and the force wave is most assuredly dodgeable and likely not to have the effect on IG-88 you are hoping. If it was this easy to take out skilled bounty hunters with the proper equipment why did such things almost never happen.

Your right she isn't but Luke is. Luke did defeat Darth Vader using Vader's own form and i would still say Vader is better then Krayt that means is pure saber combat. Luke is better then Krayt. He used his fathers form and bested his father with it. If Vader can beat Krayt in a saber duel then Luke assuredly can.

Yet it was still close enough that by not taking him seriously it caused his death.... and are you seriously saying that Krayt could have beaten palpatine now because that's what i am reading.

Finally i don't think it took long for Luke and Leia to use the wall of Light so again those moments spent going after IG-88 gives Leia that opportunity to use it and with Krayt not having access to his powers he falls in short order.

No energy shield is going to block Force Lightning, it isn't like some mere blaster bolt you deflect and you seem to not be able to understand how Force Crush works either, he's being crushed by the Force, if how thick your armor was, was any indication of how effective Force Crush was, how are so many Force Users able to crush walkers, etc.... ? you're not making a whole lot of sense.

I am still skepticle as to Luke actually defeating Vader out and out, Luke himself states pretty clearly that Vader did not want to kill him and if he wanted to, he'd be dead right now, Luke has no doubts that Vader could have killed him at any point if he was in the right mind, but as usual Vader wasn't.

Now Krayt vs Vader in a lightsaber duel is an entirely different subject matter and A>B so A>C logic never takes the most important things like fighting styles into context, simply put Hett as a Jedi Knight almost beat prime Obi-Wan, that says everything.

It caused his death because Cade is a sassy little **** and he pulled that kind of move on almost every one, it's one of his talents, last time Krayt faced Cade, Cade got schooled. But Cade laid a trap for Krayt the second time by making him think he hadn't improved, the total opposite however was the truth, claiming that doesn't matter is blatantly untrue.

Also when did i state he could beat Palpatine? don't put words in my mouth, he was training himself to be able to take down the 'traitor and his puppeteer' I never stated he'd beat Palpatine.

There is nothing to go after, IG-88 is not dodging a Force Wave that blasts the entire room backwards or better yet a Cone of Lightning what spans out like a web, don't over-exaggerate his ability to dodge blaster bolts, he can simply be Force Gripped and then he isn't going to be dodging much of anything, this can essentially be done straight away and Wall of Light is not the same as Sever Force not even close, she also needed Luke to do it against the Emperor.

No energy shield is going to block Force Lightning, it isn't like some mere blaster bolt you deflect and you seem to not be able to understand how Force Crush works either, he's being crushed by the Force, if how thick your armor was, was any indication of how effective Force Crush was, how are so many Force Users able to crush walkers, etc.... ? you're not making a whole lot of sense.

I am still skepticle as to Luke actually defeating Vader out and out, Luke himself states pretty clearly that Vader did not want to kill him and if he wanted to, he'd be dead right now, Luke has no doubts that Vader could have killed him at any point if he was in the right mind, but as usual Vader wasn't.

Now Krayt vs Vader in a lightsaber duel is an entirely different subject matter and A>B so A>C logic never takes the most important things like fighting styles into context, simply put Hett as a Jedi Knight almost beat prime Obi-Wan, that says everything.

It caused his death because Cade is a sassy little **** and he pulled that kind of move on almost every one, it's one of his talents, last time Krayt faced Cade, Cade got schooled. But Cade laid a trap for Krayt the second time by making him think he hadn't improved, the total opposite however was the truth, claiming that doesn't matter is blatantly untrue.

Also when did i state he could beat Palpatine? don't put words in my mouth, he was training himself to be able to take down the 'traitor and his puppeteer' I never stated he'd beat Palpatine.

There is nothing to go after, IG-88 is not dodging a Force Wave that blasts the entire room backwards or better yet a Cone of Lightning what spans out like a web, don't over-exaggerate his ability to dodge blaster bolts, he can simply be Force Gripped and then he isn't going to be dodging much of anything, this can essentially be done straight away and Wall of Light is not the same as Sever Force not even close, she also needed Luke to do it against the Emperor.

Lightning is energy, energy shields block energy, thus energy shields block lightning. Did Talon crush walkers? i don't remember that in her history.

Luke was wrong, Vader gave it his all according to RotJ novel meaning he did beat him out-in out you can be skeptical all you want it stil happened.

The problem is when its Luke and Vader involved as the A and B they both used identical fighting styles thus such an argument can be made because of their fighting styles.

The very fact that fooling him and then revealing his true abilities made any kind of difference is exactly what i am talking about. If Krayt was half as good as he is being made out to be the moment Cade revealed his skill, Cade still would have been smacked down like he was nothing.

well clearly if he was as good in the clone wars and was training himself to take down Vader and Palpatine he must have massively improved from the clone wars and he still lived 100 more years again the way you guys are talking about him that is exactly what he could do.

If IG-88 is behind Luke and Leia firing sonic weapons from their Luke and Leia are more then capable of defending against both of those types of attacks and we have yet to have any show where lightning penetrates an energy shield.

Edited by tunewalker

You know what i am going to write a battle scenario. Dark transfer takes a lot of energy to use and so does a lot of the abilities you guys are talking about Krayt cant do all of it at the same time so here we go.

The battle starts off with Krayt trying to use Dark Transfer on Luke and Talon using Lightning to try to disable IG-88, but Leia uses her great skill in Mind trick to make Talon think that Krayt is IG-88 causing Krayt to get hit by Talon's powerful lightning attack breaking his concentration on Dark Transfer on Luke allowing Luke to survive. IG-88 use this confusion to shoot Talon down with Sonic blasters before the Sith can realize her mistake. With Luke not being affected by Dark transfer Leia able to use Force Melds Mind tricks on the caliber i am talking about and fight with a saber at the same time the 2 charge Krayt while he is under the effects of the lightning. Talon realizing what she is doing goes to stop but is shot dead before she can react. Luke and Leia are then right on Top of Krayt and while Luke is injured the back up from the Force Meld and Leia keeps both fighting hard against Krayt pushing him onto his back foot between the twins and IG-88 all ganging up on him he goes down.

Edit: additional scenario's have Leia Mind tricking Krayt into thinking Talon is Leia causing dark transfer to be used on his own assassin. Or other such means, as Leia's mind trick was again powerful enough to trick some one who managed to trick 30 sith at a time and even managed to some what fool Unuthul and Grandmaster Luke himself. Being able to some what trick a person with Mind tricks who is capable of mind tricks of a great caliber themselves against opponents who are not known for their skill in Mind tricks is a definite thing.

Edited by tunewalker

Here is my scenario:

Krayt uses a powerful Force Wave to set off the combat buckling the room around them collapsing walls and pillars, as Luke, IG-88 and Leia recover, Krayt and Talon both use Force Lightning in a major lightning blast, as Leia and Luke fight off Krayt's lightning, Talon goes in for IG-88, using her Force Crush to hold him in position she uses her other hand to unload lightning right into IG-88, as IG recovers she uses Lightsaber Throw to finish him off.

Krayt then relents on his Force Lightning to Dark Transfer Leia, he can use this ability quickly and with relative ease as Reborn Krayt, this causes a two on one engagement in which Krayt then uses Force Drain on Luke, as Luke tries to advance on Emperor Krayt, Talon uses her ability to cloak herself in the Force to finish off Leia and then take Luke from behind.

Edited by LadyKulvax

Wouldn't IG-88 be better in not being there?....As in not being seen or heard, hiding in a particular spot to get the bead on Krayt or Talon as they are fighting against the twin Skywalkers?.....Seems much more fruitfull for him to do something like that, given that he is not only an assassin but a droid aswell therefore he wouldn't be able to get sensed.

Wouldn't IG-88 be better in not being there?....As in not being seen or heard, hiding in a particular spot to get the bead on Krayt or Talon as they are fighting against the twin Skywalkers?.....Seems much more fruitfull for him to do something like that, given that he is not only an assassin but a droid aswell therefore he wouldn't be able to get sensed.

Also its much more likely for him considering his personality. Also Luke I would like to remind everyone that Luke can Levitate an AT-ST while fighting with his lightsaber he did it within a week of RotJ no reason he couldn't do it by the time Krayt and Talon caught up to them. Should even be easier with Leia's Force Meld (again an ability that enhances even her own abilities while she is using it so would make her mind trick more potent as well).

Edited by tunewalker

Edit: additional scenario's have Leia Mind tricking Krayt into thinking Talon is Leia causing dark transfer to be used on his own assassin. Or other such means, as Leia's mind trick was again powerful enough to trick some one who managed to trick 30 sith at a time and even managed to some what fool Unuthul and Grandmaster Luke himself. Being able to some what trick a person with Mind tricks who is capable of mind tricks of a great caliber themselves against opponents who are not known for their skill in Mind tricks is a definite thing.

Except for Darth Krayt's incredible willpower that allowed him to resist Sith Sorcery attacks on his mind. I think he can resist a mind trick.

BattleZone Spoilers:

Having reassessed my Force abilities analysis, I decided to give Darth Krayt the edge in Force abilities over Exar Kun. You'll find out why when I post the thread.

A little off topic, but I thought that would be obvious. Not only does he use his Force powers far more frequently (in comparison to never) in lightsaber duels but his abilities are far more varied and tricky to counter.

A little off topic, but I thought that would be obvious. Not only does he use his Force powers far more frequently (in comparison to never) in lightsaber duels but his abilities are far more varied and tricky to counter.

It's been a struggle deciding how certain edges are given, and I've been flip-flopping every so often.

I also want to bring up with Beni saying i could get some of the Hapan soldiers such as Naval officers and Royal gaurds and with the idea of me not having to use my actual soldier to help relieve the people thanks to recruits being Trained on Carida and money from hapes allowing me to hire people thus meaning the Virus having no affect on my ability to fight. And with Spec forces Spec Ops or IG-88 hacking droid factories making the one way the KV had to even the odds on the ground yet another weakness as well as Brentaal allowing me to get ships back into the Fray faster and Hapes being the most difficult ship yards to stop from producing ships in this kaggath thanks to proximity and the Transistor mists. I think it is actually becoming ever more likely that I can win the war and thus have Krayt surrounded any way.

Sith Sorcery is far, far more potent than a mind trick.

yes which is why i don't think its going to last more then a few seconds. We have to consider who Leia used the trick on. Some one could use it on 30 other powerful sith at the same time and use it against Unuthul and Luke. If she could mind trick some one that proficient in mind trick. I am certain she can do it to Krayt for a couple seconds.

I can't believe Krayt is being so incredibly underestimated. But whatever, I'm sure Luke could take on Exar Kun too. :rolleyes:
There is no need to be patronising Aurbere, if you have something to say, say it.

Anyway while it is important that we don't underestimate Krayt, it is also important that we do not underestimate Luke either - as Aurbere seems to be doing here. We mustn't forget that a mere six years later Luke Skywalker defeated Darth Sidious - the most powerful Sith Lord to ever exist. Regardless of Leia's support that is impressive. Heck we are forgetting that this the the most powerful Force User and most skilled lightsaber duelists to be. He can take on just about any Force user not in the top ten, and then some.

Anyway, we should remember this isn't a vs debate, so lets expand our outlook a little:

Dark transfer: Krayt's trump card, if Luke is hit with this he is in trouble. However I think it is important that we explore this ability a little more in depth, and specifically consider whether it is counterable. Its possible - it being some kind of electrical energy - that Luke could ground it in his lightsaber. Its also possible that Luke - arguably being the more powerful Force user - could simply resist it. Much like Force drain I doubt he can one shot anyone.

Battle meld/Force harmony: Luke and Leia's trump card. They can unify their Force power in situ to improve their fighting capabilities all round. And more dangerously can, with their power combined, sever either Krayt and Talon from the Force. However while there is little Krayt and Talon can do to disrupt the battle meld, other than killing them, perfoming sever force is going to require a moment of reprieve, something they will not be giving.

I think these trump cards cancel each other out some what, so let's expand further.

The place: If Krayt can lure Luke and Leia to Byss he is at a distinct advantage with that dark side nexus. On the other hand if Luke and Leia lure Krayt into enemy territory he could fall into a trap.

And I think on that note we should consider possibly backup (aside from IG-88), the possibility of traps and even the possibility that IG-88, Talon or Luke may have been killed before this confrontation comes about - or at the least will be occupied when it happens. Or perhaps that Leia herself won't be there at all.

There is no need to be patronising Aurbere, if you have something to say, say it.

Anyway while it is important that we don't underestimate Krayt, it is also important that we do not underestimate Luke either - as Aurbere seems to be doing here. We mustn't forget that a mere six years later Luke Skywalker defeated Darth Sidious - the most powerful Sith Lord to ever exist. Regardless of Leia's support that is impressive. Heck we are forgetting that this the the most powerful Force User and most skilled lightsaber duelists to be. He can take on just about any Force user not in the top ten, and then some.

Anyway, we should remember this isn't a vs debate, so lets expand our outlook a little:

Dark transfer: Krayt's trump card, if Luke is hit with this he is in trouble. However I think it is important that we explore this ability a little more in depth, and specifically consider whether it is counterable. Its possible - it being some kind of electrical energy - that Luke could ground it in his lightsaber. Its also possible that Luke - arguably being the more powerful Force user - could simply resist it. Much like Force drain I doubt he can one shot anyone.

Battle meld/Force harmony: Luke and Leia's trump card. They can unify their Force power in situ to improve their fighting capabilities all round. And more dangerously can, with their power combined, sever either Krayt and Talon from the Force. However while there is little Krayt and Talon can do to disrupt the battle meld, other than killing them, perfoming sever force is going to require a moment of reprieve, something they will not be giving.

I think these trump cards cancel each other out some what, so let's expand further.

The place: If Krayt can lure Luke and Leia to Byss he is at a distinct advantage with that dark side nexus. On the other hand if Luke and Leia lure Krayt into enemy territory he could fall into a trap.

And I think on that note we should consider possibly backup (aside from IG-88), the possibility of traps and even the possibility that IG-88, Talon or Luke may have been killed before this confrontation comes about - or at the least will be occupied when it happens. Or perhaps that Leia herself won't be there at all.

I think the other trump card i have been playing lately is Leia's ability with Mind Tricks. She was capable of mind tricking a powerful Sith who used Mind tricks all the time themselves and was successful in doing so against 30 Sith and slightly tricking UnuThul and GM Luke. I think if Leia can trick some one like that she can trick Krayt or Talon to hurt each other.

As far as back up besides IG-88 i think the most likely would be the Hapan Royal Guard using sniper rifles and the like as one of their sole duties once they arrive will be to ensure the survival of Leia and to kill all that try to stop that objective.

For Darth Talon Dieing read post 781 and instead of escaping when she is overwhelmed replace it with death. Krayt's over confidence in his assassin's abilities could cause his assassin's death. Also as i have said before Luke will not leave his sisters side in a battle that he knows the goal is to kill her. He is to protective of her for that.

Also since 781 had Krayt comeing to them they could be reading the wall of light to sever Krayt before he gets there so the moment he does his powers could be cut long enough for them to over whelm him and Talon.

Edit: Leia would occasionally carry other weapons and with her ability with mind tricks along with a Hapan Gun of Command she could distract one long enough to hit the the Gun of Command causing them to follow her orders as if it was their own thoughts. Same could be done by the Hapan Royal Gaurds who all carried these guns in case an execution need be preformed.

Edited by tunewalker

I have said it several times. Darth Krayt is being severely underestimated, and my attempts to end this have been unsuccessful.

And, no, I'm not underestimating Luke Skywalker.

I have said it several times. Darth Krayt is being severely underestimated, and my attempts to end this have been unsuccessful.

And, no, I'm not underestimating Luke Skywalker.

If your going to keep teasing us with the BattleZone you better get on with posting it!

EDIT: Not that its going to convince me that anyone can LOLstomp the Skywalker Twins.

Edited by Beniboybling

Just a note, but I'm not sure Leia can use Battle Meditation. It looks as if what they are referring to his battle meld/Force harmony - the evidence to suggest she uses battle meditation doesn't really add up.

Well she is the one of the only "battle meditation" practitioners of the new order and the thing the datacron supposedly taught her was Battle Meditation but it is possible she is using just the Battle Meld Varient of the Force Meld (Battle meld could be used on none force sensitives) If that is the case it could still serve a similar effect as it effects the most important people the Commando team and the Boarding parties. Which will have more effect on how the battle goes then any of the rest of the people any way. She herself is so charismatic that the forces will stay in high spirits with her just being there.

Edit: It also puts Krayt and Talon in kind of a worse position as separating Luke and Leia from a team becomes next to impossible as the team that is with them will literally be acting as a single entity. With perfect coordination.

Edit2: although it is noted as a more innate ability so it is possible that her charisma that keeps soldiers fighting hard all those times during the Rebellion was in-fact her unknowingly using battle meditation as she is a noted practitioner of it and force users often times unknowingly use the force in fantastical ways... just some thoughts.

Edited by tunewalker

My final argument is I do not believe the KV can overcome the odds that are against them. Regardless of what the "plan" is (none of us can predict how stuff will go or how people react) their 10k 501st and 100 krath droids and droids from Arykd industries are not enough to overcome the 36.8k Standard troops the 10k Spec forces (who I would put near on par with the 501sts own special forces unit and possibly better then the standard 501st as is and are just as capable at stopping infiltration as they are in doing it.) and the 500 Spec ops members running chaos. This is exhasterbated further with the addition of her majesties select commandos and Royal Guard acting as body gaurds allowing the rest of the troops to keep on their toes all in all giving me nearly 10 times the number of infiltrators and people who can stop infiltration as well as nearly 4 times the number of skilled foot soldiers.

The virus while dangerous can be countered by a few hundred thousand dedicated recruits and some extra money from hapes, money I have in droves. And even the extra droids being built to help even the odds can be turned against my opponent by one of my leadership or any number of my special forces members. My opponents intelligence Officer can be countered by own Intelligence Network with the Hapan intel who can also help in preventing infiltration.

In Space while my opponents might appear to have an early advantage they have to take time to make the droids that can take over my ships while I have Marines at the word go who specialized in taking theirs, and I can even get more such Marines as the Hapans send me more ships. Further more the ship advantage will quickly swing into my favor because of both Repair yards allowing me to field damaged ships much faster (which I believe with these large battles at times can be vastly more important then building new ships as after the first battle thanks to damaged ships and the speed of my ability to repair the next battle will be more in the favor of the AoW) as well as more shipyards and ships that are faster to build but their only weakness is how long they can stay out before resupplying. Something that in this kaggath isn't going to matter. One of those shipyards being the farthest from the action and most difficult to get to and disable over at Hapes.

In addition to this Both our commanding officers are so close in tactical capabilities, both having fought private wars and both having faced as equals against each other, that it does come down to firepower and the help of ground units effect on the space battles, and the would be secure location in the Deep Core isn't so Secure with both knowing secret lanes to the inside. Those secret lanes means the KV can't blockade the way they normally would meaning they also have at least 2 entry ways, likely more, that they have to protect same as the AoW.

Finally Leia's Battle Meld ability means that the more elite forces of the Rebels will always be able to act as one being such an ability will push them above and beyond the commando's of the 501st and allow them to constantly foil their plans where ever they may be.

So All-in-All my opponent has a lot of odds to overcome and all of the avenues they have to overcome it (droids, Virus) I can either counter or even worse turn against them (hack droids, over hundred k recruits + money). In addition to this I have far more body gaurds then they have assassins to kill me and the skill level between the 2 is not large enough to overcome that disparity.

If it turns into a battle royal. Leia's Battle Meld and Mind trick abilities allow her to temporarily trick even some of the most impenetrable minds and allows her to Coordinate with her brother as if they are a single person. The mind tricking can again be used to turn my opponents strength into a weakness for just a couple seconds and in a frantic battle a couple seconds is the difference between life and death. IG-88 also has many tricks up his sleeve that has allowed him to kill Force users in the past and of course not to mention the Hapan royal Guard or my own Spec forces and the rebels themselves who have the philosophy of a focused defense and offense. The idea that they can give ground as long as in the end they protect the main objective long enough to be considered "winning". Something that even in the battle of Hoth, a noted supreme victory for the empire, they still managed to do getting all of the important ships and people out of their before them Empire could come down.

Edit: I wanted to take the opportunity here to talk about the one thing that has been talked about very little and even I have largely neglected it and that is my Specops members. Its been hard to pin down exactly what these guys will be doing because they never have a set plan. They just do things to ruin my enemies day, if one of the captains wake up missing his favorite hunting rifle his radio station is now play Mariachi music and one of his daughters is pregnant he might just have a Spec ops member to tank for it. These guys add to my faction what is missing in most...... Chaos theory in a bottle. The idea that you can never predict what is going to happen and where or when. These guys make sure that, that Chaos is in favor of my troops essentially garenteeing the affects of Murphy's law on my enemy.

I also wanted to talk about another fundamental thing that I have yet to say anything about. The rebels never truly tried to win any of their fights they just tried not to lose..... There is a large difference. They could never truly win against the might of the empire but if they instead tried to make sure they never truly lost they could fight the empire indeffinately. (going to use a star trek refrence here) In a strategy game Data played a master strategist at the beginning of the episode (peak performance) and got handedly defeated because they were both playing to win. In the rematch the strategist gave up because Data altered the way he was playing rather then trying to win he instead tried not to lose. Passing up obvious advancement opportunities to not stretch himself thin in the game and instead work towards a stand-off while his opponent tried as hard as he could to win. This is part of what the rebels are all about they aren't about winning so stretching themselves thin isn't going to be what they do. They are all about not losing keeping the things important and in a Kaggath there is no greater goal or ability that I can think of. Sooner or later that not losing attitude will cause the KV to get desperate and when one gets desperate one makes mistakes.

Sorry I know I keep editing this post but things keep coming to my mind about how things are and I want to make them clear.

Edited by tunewalker

My final argument:

Whilst the Alliance has numbers, I have the perfect reason why that does not matter, 'I have orders from the Emperor himself, we are only meant to keep them from escaping' in reality, every ground battle will revolve around one thing: getting one single stealthed Commando unit to the Shield Generator and destroying it, the entire major battle is one large distraction, this in effect means that all they are doing is drawing the Alliance out, the 501st does not need to win the major battle, only to keep the larger ground forces of the Alliance occupied.

Also the Alliance will have to split their ground forces in two, to defend both of their planets, the 501st however has the option to strike one and then strike the other, they are in no rush, this further means that the numerical superiority that the Alliance has, is halved in it's importance, literally, the numbers no longer look so overwhelming for the Empire on the ground and definitely not for the elite 501st Legion, they can effectively win a deep strike war and get more and more reinforcements in the form of Tank Droids and Krath War Droids which can be produced at a much faster pace than the Rebel Army's forces can replenish their own numbers with troops that would be effective in the first place.

Beyond that distraction I can have Elite Commandos causing further distractions by dismantling and sabotaging the deepest Alliance defences, with the main ground forces tied up the SpecOps and Special Forces of the Alliance are the only thing remaining that can keep the Elite Commandos from potentially destroying their entire base, it is a win-win situation, either they fall for the bait and get caught in major traps set by the Elite Commandos or they stay there and let the Elite Commandos blow up so many of the Alliance's defences that essentially they have nothing but a left Generator to defend.

What is worst for the Alliance however is how hard it will be to kill these Elite Commandos, as they all wear Mark III Katarn Armor, extremely resilient armor, so much so that one commando dived into the way of an explosive and was only badly shaken, he was not even wounded, this is further boosted by the Mark III's built-in bacta dispensers healing minor to even smaller major wounds almost instantly, this is also boosted by the fact the mark III can be deployed with the Night Ops Armor upgrade making them all invisible to the naked eye and undetectable to sensors.

In Space, I do have the best tactician and strategist in this Kaggath in Gilad Pallaeon as multiple sources support that statement, this combined with an extra fleet and one massive ship yard, allows me to maintain the numbers advantage established at the beginning, and all I need to do is win the battle without the Alliance's leadership involved to win the war essentially, thanks to Surpeme Commander Pallaeon's exceptional skills in both strategy and battle tactics he can essentially command both fronts with equal skill from a forward command centre, he will be able to use that extra fleet very effectively in the campaign.

Not only that but they are however going to have the added advantage of the infiltration droids which can sneak aboard, the droid itself can hide in ventilation shafts whilst the several mini probes get to essential areas of the ship, these things are tiny and will be hard to detect, meanwhile the Infiltration droid itself acts as a hub for them.

Then the droid can either take the ship over and fire on the Alliance's own ships or if the vessel is big enough, can cause an overload or a self-destruct, taking out crucial ships in the Alliance's network.

Simply put I have a better chance of winning an early crucial victory than the Alliance does, mainly because of the fact that Wedge is not a strategist he does not command large campaigns, Pallaeon does, he won two wars with it, obviously not alone but he was the over-all decider in many of the major battles throughout both the Vong War and the Swarm War and all of that experience made him, not Luke Skywalker, but Gilad Pallaeon the number one target for Darth Caedus, Pallaeon would either stand by his side or die before the war started, he could not afford to face such an effective Supreme Commander.

The Virus however supplants this plan all of it, very well, it could effectively turn the Alliance's worlds into a logistical nightmare and a very real one at that, with so many people dying it's going to be chaos for the Alliance, because it is in their very nature to help their own people, this is an undeniable fact, it is part of the very core of what they stand for, which means if they are going to do anything about the virus they would have to use their own personnel to help contain it, which will have the opposite effect of only making the issue worse.

Also:

"The Virus is effective on all but humans."

"'All' it better be, I have a vision of a pure human Empire, no aliens, no half humans, but pure human superiority."

"Of-of course my Lady, the results show that only humans are left by this virus."

"But are you sure? I do not want to hear that near humans are being left as well, they are just as filthy, breeding with disgusting filth, they are just as revolting as the Sullustans, the Mon Calamari-"

"I assure you only true humans are immune to the Krytos strain."

X-wing: the Krytos Trap.

So it clearly isn't merely aliens, but near humans as well, proper Humans are clearly the only ones that are immune, anything else will be severely effected as you can see the following are the only ones that would not be effected:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Human_races

This list does not include any of the 'Near-Humans' that the Alliance has, thus they will all be effected.

The Virus can potentially devastate their entire faction.

Now the infiltration tactics that the Alliance want to use, I still cannot see an effective means of how they would be able to get through without being caught, Cargo Freighters almost always come in convoys, if just one of those Freighters is caught, Isard is paranoid enough to either capture or even destroy the entire convoy, something well within her known traits.

As far as a hero battle goes, I still believe Dark Transfer and Drain Life, two abilities that Reborn Krayt could use with ease FYI, can effectively take out one Skywalker likely Luke whilst Talon attacks IG-88, the moment IG-88 goes down, the incapacitated Skywalker can be killed whilst Krayt continuously uses Drain Life on Leia, the harder she fights the quicker she dies and not to mention it becomes two on one.

Simply put Dark Transfer, Drain Life and Shatterpoint combined with Krayt's other Force Powers such as Force Waves that demolish buildings and Lightning that can disintegrate, then mix in his mastery of Lightsaber Combat and I think him combined with another powerful Sith in Talon who can do almost the same thing by trapping an opponent in a Lightning Cone, would be too much because they can at the least incapacitate one opponent and then take down the other two.

Edited by LadyKulvax

I will challenge that the hapans are not in-fact near human they are all decendents of the human Lorel Raiders and the Human woman they captured. I see nothing to suggest that they aren't actually human other then Wookie saying they aren't which to me is a bit farfetched.

I still believe that the few hundred thousand recruits (possibly a few million) along with money from hapes hiring smugglers and transports will be enough to take care of the virus with out using actual armed troops (but this aint nothing new) Also lets talk the possibility that one of those droids (thanks to being hacked) decides to deliver that poison to the KV worlds. They could be hit by their own virus.

Edited by tunewalker