Gunslinger gots to go

KudoForge

I would like to know when the romance between Bioware and the gunslinger is going to end . Am i the only one that thinks this ridiculous partnership has gone on for way to long. Every other class has had their up's and downs with the nerffing except the most annoying of them all, the gunslinger. Gimme a break those guys are almost untouchable by the melee classes. It's just ridiculous. Ok i understand that they are behind cover, so obviously my force charge is out, so by the time I jogged over to where hes at he already put about a hundred in me, ok im within melee range *finally* but all he does is just take a step back and kick me in my nards, now im stunned for ever it seems like and he continues to unload on me till i drop dead. Whoa that was some fun! Now i try flanking him and force charging from the back or the side but hey guess what ? It's not happening either because apparently the ridiculous little shield he has for cover has magically formed an invisible bubble of cover around him so i cant force charge with my jugg or grapple him with my bounty hunter. He shouldn't be invulnerable from the sides or back that is just plain stupid. I'm sick of the golden age of Sage and gunslinger pvp champs. That is just idiotic its a slap in the face to all the melee classes. Think about it, if this was how the Star Wars galaxy is supposed to be then why didn't George make the movies about Han Solo and Lando Calrissian instead. Screw the main charactrs Jedi/Sith and lets just have a good 'ol time with the Smugglers...... gimme a break.

then i guess it must be the pubs hacking because the other day 3 BH jumped on a slinger and he just hid behind his shield and powned us. Pubs are notorious for hacking on the Harbinger.... its the only way they can ever win, oh yeah and rolling four healers on an eight man team

then i guess it must be the pubs hacking because the other day 3 BH jumped on a slinger and he just hid behind his shield and powned us. Pubs are notorious for hacking on the Harbinger.... its the only way they can ever win, oh yeah and rolling four healers on an eight man team

Nope, no hacking, you guys just must be god awful. You said you're on the Harbinger so that makes sense. And gunslingers weren't very good at all at launch (you said they've always been good).

Edited by JediMasterSLC

Gunslingers/Snipers are a pretty hard counter to most melee... just because there is a class that counters you doesn't mean it's gotta go. You sound like one of those guys that think that their class should 1 shot everyone and nobody should be able to touch you cause that would be unfair! The only thing I think needs adjusting is that they pretty much cant be interrupted esp with hunker/entrench... not really sure what I would change but they do NOT need to be nerfed into the ground.

Lol PvE server.

:o

If your character is a jugg first I would us Los to approach them. Then watch out for intrenched. If you get close enough before he pops it force push him then leap. Remember rage only needs to be 10 meters to us obliterate toward him. If you see the long cast coming us Saber reflect. There are things you can do they are not invincible. Granted they are a good counter for warriors and with support they can rip you up. But a lot of classes can reach them fine either throughstealth or other abilities. I would encourage you to get a dueling partner to practice against.

It's needed a counter-warrior class, we get it but what I want to ask is: Sniper/GS need a 4sec stun? I'm saying it because Sniper/GS is a pure dps class as Mara/Sent, these AC's have a lot of dcd's because they can't tank or heal to full.

So WHY Sniper has a 4sec stun and marauder don't? Both have dcd's to survive more than tanks sometimes.

IMO Debilitate/Dirty Kick should be removed from snipers/GS.

Slingers and snipers are fine. While on my sentinel they may make me cry, when on my shadow I return the favor.

The issue I see in most WZ's is that the stealth classes don't focus the slinger/sniper which should be their numero uno priority.

What kind of dream server are you on? I have a train of them after me whenever I'm on a ranged class.

It's needed a counter-warrior class, we get it but what I want to ask is: Sniper/GS need a 4sec stun? I'm saying it because Sniper/GS is a pure dps class as Mara/Sent, these AC's have a lot of dcd's because they can't tank or heal to full.

So WHY Sniper has a 4sec stun and marauder don't? Both have dcd's to survive more than tanks sometimes.

IMO Debilitate/Dirty Kick should be removed from snipers/GS.

Are you trolling?

Slinger dcd's:

-a pathetic shield which absorbs roughly 4k dmg, it's like a medpack really

-evasion which lasts 3-5 sec and only works on melee/ranged (and cleanses) when most specs use force/tech

-a roll that gives you immunity for 1!!! second

-ballistic shield on a long cd which is more of a group utility then a proper dcd.

Are you trolling?

Slinger dcd's:

-a pathetic shield which absorbs roughly 4k dmg, it's like a medpack really

-evasion which lasts 3-5 sec and only works on melee/ranged (and cleanses) when most specs use force/tech

-a roll that gives you immunity for 1!!! second

-ballistic shield on a long cd which is more of a group utility then a proper dcd.

I don't know about you but i would trow that entrench in there just as well... That ability really gets on my nerves.

As a Gunslinger player myself, there are only 2 things I really fear in PvP :

- Bounty Hunters (Powertechs, especially)

- Any melee character who comes close to me.

In PvE it's similar : As soon as I have an melee enemy sticking on me, i've got problems.

But - on the way to me, I've got possibilities. Slow the enemy down, blind the enemy, apply DOTs, quickly run away into a better position.

Gunslingers are only good when they can do damage from a point where they cannot be reached immediately. LOS plays a role there, too.

But, as soon as I've got an melee damager close to me, I can do nothing but stretch the time to the inevitable end.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

not saying they are OP or anything but the train of knockbacks and roots make gunslingers and snipers about the most annoying thing there is a wz for me. I also not sure whether giving them the increased stealth detection in 2.0 was such a good idea for the rock scissor paper thing.

But anyway i will continue swearing until i level one and probably start swearing about them operatives :p

As a Gunslinger player myself, there are only 2 things I really fear in PvP :

- Bounty Hunters (Powertechs, especially)

- Any melee character who comes close to me.

In PvE it's similar : As soon as I have an melee enemy sticking on me, i've got problems.

But - on the way to me, I've got possibilities. Slow the enemy down, blind the enemy, apply DOTs, quickly run away into a better position.

Gunslingers are only good when they can do damage from a point where they cannot be reached immediately. LOS plays a role there, too.

But, as soon as I've got an melee damager close to me, I can do nothing but stretch the time to the inevitable end.

If only snipers (good ones) would have problems with melees that get close to them... Unfortunatly considering the number of CC's and CC immunity once that happends... You just get pushed back again... With smart possitioning its even worse... It was way better before they got that roll things but now? If you are not a assasin it does not even matters to much.

1st mistake, u appraoch a sniper from front? ya dead.

You cant kill a sniper? read above.

Snipers are so easy to kill if u know how. In arenas snipers are one of the easiest to kill.

If you leave a sniper alone he will kick ya ***, u notice and start to head to him u are not going to survive, i used to have problems with snipers b4 i played one and realised they are so easy to kill.

As someone said above "glass cannon".