/ignore, Forum version.

Osoygatitalove

Bioware, we really need an option to ignore players that constantly spam in general chat.

Give us the option to ignore their comments /threads, it will be better for everyone and i know people will agree,

if you agree /agree +1

i know this is the best idea ever and it will save the world and cure illness and poverty.

Edited by Osoygatitalove

I do agree and I would love this feature but I know people are going to be saying "If you don't like what that person has to say, don't click on their topics"

There is already an option to ignore there comments but I would prefer if there was an option not to even see there topics period.

Edited by Nickious

There is an ignore feature, the problem is that you still see the person's posts as hidden (it says "you can't see this person's post because you have ignored them".) It's kind of a tease, lol. I'm not ignoring anyone currently, I just rely on my mental filter. :p

Who is there on these forums that you could possibly want to ignore?

I know. All posts are helpful, community minded, for the benefit of the game and all players. That's why I read the forums. It has made me a better player. Same reason I ALWAYS pay attention to general chat. :i_confused:

There is an ignore feature, the problem is that you still see the person's posts as hidden (it says "you can't see this person's post because you have ignored them".) It's kind of a tease, lol. I'm not ignoring anyone currently, I just rely on my mental filter. :p

The other problem is that when you ignore someone who posts more than most people breathe, you'll still see their posts when anyone quotes them.

It's like deleting Fox News but still seeing clips of it on every other channel.

The other problem is that when you ignore someone who posts more than most people breathe, you'll still see their posts when anyone quotes them.

It's like deleting Fox News but still seeing clips of it on every other channel.

I had one guy one ignore, but since he's here a lot to derail discussions and flame-bait others, I see many who quote him and it's like what you described.

It's horrible. :(

I had one guy one ignore, but since he's here a lot to derail discussions and flame-bait others, I see many who quote him and it's like what you described.

It's horrible. :(

I have been here since early access.I had one to this week.I am up to 4 now.I don't have a problem with the current system.

I do agree and I would love this feature but I know people are going to be saying "If you don't like what that person has to say, don't click on their topics"

There is already an option to ignore there comments but I would prefer if there was an option not to even see there topics period.

Why, because you can't stop yourself from taking a peek at what you're missing? If you can't exercise the tiniest amount of self-discipline it takes to not look at certain threads, don't ask BWEA to do it for you.

Why, because you can't stop yourself from taking a peek at what you're missing? If you can't exercise the tiniest amount of self-discipline it takes to not look at certain threads, don't ask BWEA to do it for you.

yes sometimes the topics, even though they might be a person I don't like, gauges my curiosity because of how many people posted in it excuse me.

And the other times I don't even want to see topic period because the OP posts controversial **** all the time and I don't want to see it on the front page.

I don't see why it would be too much too ask. Many forums already have this feature. Surely BW can spare some time add a simple feature.

Edited by Nickious

Bioware, we really need an option to ignore players that constantly spam in general chat.

Give us the option to ignore their comments /threads, it will be better for everyone and i know people will agree,

if you agree /agree +1

i know this is the best idea ever and it will save the world and cure illness and poverty.

But then no one would read your posts? What would be a reason for you to make this one?

SirCopperfield and Marty is a good start. I'd like to never see a thread from them again.
BTW they have their own fan club now that is attempting to assume a leadership role in these forums. I mean, they're asking us to vote for our favorite contributors ... from a list ... mostly their list. Holy dictators Batman! Anyone who thinks they can herd cats (let alone thinks they have what it takes to convince a general population that they can herd cats) doesn't get my vote for being anything other than self indulgent.

My forum ignore works. I have found conversations and debates to be much more intelligent and less confrontational as a result. Think of it as a troll inhibitor.

Edited by GalacticKegger

I have a certain pirate typing moron on my ignore list. The way he types makes me want to punch baby Jesus in the snotbox. I wish I could ignore his thread titles as well because they're written in the same inane schtick he uses in general chat on his server. You know what "eye" mean?

BTW they have their own fan club now that is attempting to assume a leadership role in these forums. I mean, they're asking us to vote for our favorite contributors ... from a list ... mostly their list. Holy dictators Batman! Anyone who thinks they can herd cats (let alone thinks they have what it takes to convince a general population that they can herd cats) doesn't get my vote for being anything other than self indulgent.

My forum ignore works. I have found conversations and debates to be much more intelligent and less confrontational as a result. Think of it as a troll inhibitor.

That's the problem. Trolls or people who think they are funny make up these clubs to annoy anyone who doesn't join. It's childish. I've seen Copperfield play too, to call him a gaming legend is laughable, he is terrible. But I guess that's part of the joke.

That's the problem. Trolls or people who think they are funny make up these clubs to annoy anyone who doesn't join. It's childish. I've seen Copperfield play too, to call him a gaming legend is laughable, he is terrible. But I guess that's part of the joke.
Conspiracy theory suggests that they are water army moles tasked with either pissing people off enough to get them to leave, or implying enough negativity about any aspect of the game they can get their hands on (be it an exaggeration or a fabrication - they'll try hard as hell to sell both), so as to scare away any potential new business. All people have to do is try the game out so they can decide for themselves. Edited by GalacticKegger

Conspiracy theory suggests that they are water army moles tasked with either pissing people off enough to get them to leave, or implying enough negativity about any aspect of the game they can get their hands on (be it an exaggeration or a fabrication - they'll try hard as hell to sell both), so as to scare away any potential new business. All people have to do is try the game out so they can decide for themselves.

Paranoid much?

If any player would ever leave any game based on the opinions of anyone else that they don't personally know and trust, then that player is... A) Stupid B) Likely to leave anyway, or C) Both A+B.

Paranoid much?

If any player would ever leave any game based on the opinions of anyone else that they don't personally know and trust, then that player is... A) Stupid B) Likely to leave anyway, or C) Both A+B.

No m'am (assuming your RL gender matches that of your avatar) ... hence the words theory and suggests, concluding with "all people have to do is try the game out so they can decide for themselves." Do you really feel someone recommending that people try the game out so they can decide for themselves is an act of paranoia?

And I agree in principle, though I personally would have used a more accurate and less condescending word in place of stupid. Innocent, perhaps even naïve, comes to mind. Regardless, nothing short of being banned will stop a certain personality type from trying.

Edited by GalacticKegger

nobody on ignore , you can't get me to ignore muwhaha ;)

But serious note Ignoring Lord Artemis , gee you might as well ignore Eric Muso .

I think most his post are quite sensible.

I do miss some of the funny frequent posters , who made me laugh !

but then again reading trough xenophobic thread makes me grin already :D

I have never seen anyone on this forum that I would want to ignore. I have reported the occasional post (especially where someone is calling out other players or forum users, HINT HINT).

But I wouldn't want to ignore anyone. There are some people that I disagree with and a few people that I disagree with frequently, but then I simply post and tell them so.

I don't see (many) people spamming or posting nonsense here, all I usually see is people with opinions, which IMHO is what the forum is for. Personally, I don't think shielding myself from people that I disagree with is a good way for me to take part in the forums. At some point, doesn't that just become me enjoying hearing the sound of my own voice and enjoying having people agree with me? That's not really a forum, so much as a CrazyMcGee Appreciation Club (if only...!). That's the whole point of debate - you need to hear other people's arguments which will either persuade you to their cause, or solidify and develop your own position. Was no one else ever in a debating club? Did you try and ignore the opposition and just monologue your own views?

I totally get the problems with General Chat - you see people saying awful, horrible things or literally just spamming. I don't really see that here, am I missing it? The examples of people or posts that people are giving in this thread don't fall into the same category - you just seem to disagree with the posters.

So I don't see the need for an ignore function. I'm actually surprised that people get so personal on here (and in this thread). I rarely pay much attention to who is posting, I just read what they have said and respond to that, so I am sure there are people that I am heartily agreeing with in one thread and screaming (politely) at in another thread. I'm never going to 100% agree or disagree with someone about this game. I recognise a few of you, but not many tbh! I focus on the post, not the person.

tl:dr Don't ignore people. Discuss their ideas and opinions with them, whether you agree or disagree.