Question to Eric or any Dev that can answer this???

Darknessinme

I know it hasn't been very long since 2.4 was released, but I thought I would ask anyway. When is F2P going to get the PVP WZ’s restriction removed? I have some friends that are F2P that asked me to post this for them. I would imagine there are other people that left that pvp and would be willing to play again if the restriction is removed.

Cheers! :D

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20130812

“But wait! There’s more!

What about PvP post-2.4? What is coming next, you wonder? Well it wouldn’t be a dev post without some teasing! Here are some of the things on the horizon we have in store for PvP.

• Removing the F2P restriction for entering the Warzones

• Additional Arena map coming soon”

This game needs money to survive, ask your friends to buy unlocks from GTN. It is a simple solution that lets everyone stay happy. On the other hand if the unlocks are not enough then perhaps your friends should buy a subscription. Edited by ELRunninW

This game needs money to survive, ask your friends to buy unlocks from GTN. It is a simple solution that lets everyone stay happy. On the other hand if the unlocks are not enough then perhaps your friends should buy a subscription.

Thank you for your replay. However, this is not a debate on subbing or purchasing unlocks. It is an inquiry to released info from EA/Bioware.

Also, If the bolded statement were true, then why not charge money for the SSSP that is to be released December. ROTHC cost $9.99 to subs and 19.99 to non-subs. If it is about money, then I would imagine they could charge the same for the SSSP as well and people would pay it.

Edited by Darknessinme

If your friends cannot afford to pay 9$ a month for a game, then they shouldn't be spending their time playing a game instead of working.

If you only have negative, crass, condescending remarks for a thread, then you shouldn't be posting in other peoples threads instead of playing in the highway.

C wut I did there?

If your friends cannot afford to pay 9$ a month for a game, then they shouldn't be spending their time playing a game instead of working.

Where did he say his friends were poor? Or are you just being condescending? You are assuming because his friends don't think the game is worth wasting their $ on, they're automatically poor people who don't work?

I know it hasn't been very long since 2.4 was released, but I thought I would ask anyway. When is F2P going to get the PVP WZ’s restriction removed? I have some friends that are F2P that asked me to post this for them. I would imagine there are other people that left that pvp and would be willing to play again if the restriction is removed.

Did they not say with 2.4 reg warzone were now open to free to play?

Edited by Neoforcer

Did they not say with 2.4 reg warzone were now open to free to play?

You could at least read the original post before replying. They said that warzones would be made accessible to f2p some time after 2.4, but they didn't specify a date.

I think that this will be a popular and much needed change when implemented.

I agree wholeheartedly! :) I would love to see new people PVP and get excited about it. I know with the new announcement of Space PVP, my old guild mates that left the game have mentioned coming back and subbing again December. :D

Edited by Darknessinme

There is no date set for that change, and as usual you will not get more than 'soon'.

If something is popular then people should pay for it. The next expansion is free, but your friends will still have the same problem. EA needs to get their money somehow, this is how they decided to do it.

Your friends can play for free, you can not deny it. What you are asking for is full access for free, which you will not get, and it has never been promised, even by proxy. :rak_03:

There is a partial solution, people who buy subscription should be able to buy subscription for their friends. That way you can play with your friends as much as you want. At the same time EA gets the money they need to pay for fuel for their new company jet, the next time they go to Bahamas for Happy Friday.

Edited by ELRunninW

There is no date set for that change, and as usual you will not get more than 'soon'.

If something is popular then people should pay for it. The next expansion is free, but your friends will still have the same problem. EA needs to get their money somehow, this is how they decided to do it.

Your friends can play for free, you can not deny it. What you are asking for is full access for free, which you will not get, and it has never been promised, even by proxy. :rak_03:

There is a partial solution, people who buy subscription should be able to buy subscription for their friends. That way you can play with your friends as much as you want. At the same time EA gets the money they need to pay for fuel for their new company jet, the next time they go to Bahamas for Happy Friday.

Wow, Really! Do not put words in other peoples mouth or create false intent where there is none. Do they expect to get the expansion in December free? The answer is NO nor did I ask for it to be given to F2P. They like to do regular WZ's. If it is free and unlimited then awesome. If not, then so be it. Go troll another tread, because you make assumptions with out fact. Plain and simple. Who knew that a simple question would cause such a fuse to some folk.

I say give these Freebs the free access they want. Just restrict their daily warzone comms progression. That way they can play all they want, but if they want unlimited gear access, they'll pay for an unlock or they'll sub.

I don't want BW taking bullet points off of the Freeb and Semi-Freeb (pref) restriction list. If they want to do that, then they need to start adding additional benefits for being sub; such as, free appearance customization, dye-reusability, additional WZ valor progression, OR more cartel coins for each bullet point taken off of the Freeb restriction list.

Edited by gorstram

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.