Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

when is the saber throw color glitch being fixed?

watermelonfan

Whenever I throw a lightsaber it turns white regardless of what color I am using. Sometimes it turns other colors but usually it turns white. This glitch has been an issue for about 2 weeks now. This is really annoying me. It doesn't make any sense for a lightsaber to change colors. this going on for 2 weeks is unacceptable. They just came out with a patch yesterday. why couldn't they have included a fix for this in that patch? I understand it takes time to fix glitches but it shouldn't take this long. Is anyone else bothered by this glitch? This is completely unacceptable. I am a loyal subscriber. I am very unhappy. Are you reading this bioware? a loyal subscriber is very unhappy.

I would play a different class right now except I only like to play as Jedi Guardian/ Sith Juggernaut and Sentinel / Marauder. Is they a way around this issue other than using a white lightsaber? Please respond as soon as possible.

Whenever I throw a lightsaber it turns white regardless of what color I am using. Sometimes it turns other colors but usually it turns white. This glitch has been an issue for about 2 weeks now. This is really annoying me. It doesn't make any sense for a lightsaber to change colors. this going on for 2 weeks is unacceptable. They just came out with a patch yesterday. why couldn't they have included a fix for this in that patch? I understand it takes time to fix glitches but it shouldn't take this long. Is anyone else bothered by this glitch? This is completely unacceptable. I am a loyal subscriber. I am very unhappy. Are you reading this bioware? a loyal subscriber is very unhappy.

I would play a different class right now except I only like to play as Jedi Guardian/ Sith Juggernaut and Sentinel / Marauder. Is they a way around this issue other than using a white lightsaber? Please respond as soon as possible.

I never played a force class, but I thought the throw was always a white streak to be neutral with all color throws. At least that was how it was when I ground out full battlemaster in warzones. It's normally your personal color?

I never played a force class, but I thought the throw was always a white streak to be neutral with all color throws. At least that was how it was when I ground out full battlemaster in warzones. It's normally your personal color?

I'm pretty sure it was originally your saber's outside glow color.

Mine's been being random, sometimes it's white, sometimes yellow...saw it flash red once...

...My lightsaber is blue. >.>

I'm pretty sure it was originally your saber's outside glow color.

Mine's been being random, sometimes it's white, sometimes yellow...saw it flash red once...

...My lightsaber is blue. >.>

Interesting. Never noticed, myself. Of course now that I am aware of it, I'll probably start seeing it and become annoyed by it. Thank a lot, OP! :mad:

Marauder double saber throw still shows the correct colors if I remember right, but the finishing move for sith warrior and juggernaut's saber throw do not.

Yes, from what I've seen, twin saber throw is unaffected, but Dispatch (finishing move on Knights) and Saber Throw on Guardians are affected.

It *usually* displays white, but will randomly show other colors as well. It's strange seeing my white-black sabers flash red or yellow. I'm pretty sure I've seen a few purples as well, lol.

:rolleyes:

I hope this is a parody thread.

It is definitely mildly annoying. I mean, they give us all this choice of saber colors, you get used to it, and then you're in a Warzone or an Arena and the lighting and particle effects are going nuts, and....wait....I just threw my silver-blue lightsaber, didn't I? Did someone else throw a red one? Did my attack go off or is the GCD bug happening? I take my eyes off the screen to look at the quickbars, and the cooldown is active, I guess it was mine afterall.....

See the point? It's not a game-breaker, it's just annoying.

Edited by Primarch_PWnD

I have noticed. I would be ok if this was an intended change to make them all white (maybe to improve performance of the combat or something) but the fact is it changes color in weird ways. I podered it might be due to the lighting in the area, but it doesnt seem stable so i'm concluding its a bug.

Same issue. Double Saber Throw is fine but Dispatch turns solid white on my Sentinel. I have purple crystals in both sabers.

It was definitely not like this before, for anyone wondering. One of my favorite parts on ops bosses was sub 30% and seeing all the different color sabers flying around. Now they're all just white :(

Switched to a white crystal just because it was so bothersome! Hope they fix it soon.

Wow, are people really THAT bothered by a minor graphical glitch? You all need to let go some, else run the risk of having a coronary within a year.

Weird... I'm seeing the correct colors when I throw mine Green/black Jedi and on my mara purple. I don't pay attention to others because I have other things of importance to occupy me during those times.

I say put it on the list then of things to fix. Well behind clipping though. Somewhere next too... I don't know, dark reds aren't dark enough.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.