2.4+ DPS Leaderboard

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Falver when do we get to post pyro parses again, the barrage proc Gods don't like me right now

You can post them whenever you like, they'll be added with the next update.

Damn it.

Edited by Falver

Sab adjustments are coming soon

You mean the buffs to:

- Illegal mods

- Smuggler's Luck

- Speedshot (for at least Dirty fighting)

- Charged burst (for at least Dirty fighting)

- Shockcharge (multitarget)

- better energy management for saboteurs

I'm not to sure about flyby being a nerve. In the new operations there are loads of bossfights with adds. They stated a nerve to damage but a buff to energy cost, activation time and cooldown.

While we do intend for XS Freighter Flyby/Orbital Strike to be an excellent choice against three or more enemy targets in an area, the single-target effectiveness of the ability is not intended to be so good, with a possible exception for the Saboteur/Engineering Gunslinger/Sniper.

About scatterbombs we only know that they dont intend scatterbombs to be rotational.

Plz correct me if i'm wrong.

You mean the buffs to:

- Illegal mods

- Smuggler's Luck

I haven't heard anything about IM or SL buffs (besides a fan-generated thread with options for how SL could be changed), talk of making shock charge multitarget, or anything on this list besides a hand-waving statement that DF should do more single target damage than SS or hybrid. Do you mind linking where you saw these?

About scatterbombs we only know that they dont intend scatterbombs to be rotational.

Scatterbombs are the reason for these numbers. They add 915DPS in that parse. Sab without rolling is going to sit more than 750DPS behind sab with rolling (increased dot uptime will make up a little of the difference, but not a ton). If they manage to fix rolling being used rotationally, sab will be a slightly lacking ST spec with good AOE.

Scatterbombs are the reason for these numbers. They add 915DPS in that parse. Sab without rolling is going to sit more than 750DPS behind sab with rolling (increased dot uptime will make up a little of the difference, but not a ton). If they manage to fix rolling being used rotationally, sab will be a slightly lacking ST spec with good AOE.

I suspect that's probably what they intend for the spec. Look at Tactics and Focus. Both of them are somewhat behind in terms of single-target DPS, but they bring a fair amount of AoE to compensate. If you subtract the roll, some of the best Sab parsers actually look like they're playing a well-balanced spec. :-)

I do wish that Bioware would nerf Scatter Bombs. It just seems completely unacceptable that an ability which (by their own admission) was never designed to provide any damage in a serious encounter could be so viable and so potent. With that said, I want to see a 16 man HM Thrasher with 9 Sab Slingers before that happens.

I think this would go in honorable mentions

Bluebérry - Gunslinger - Dirty Fighting - 5/5/36 - 3339.05 - 3506

Log Link : http://www.torparse.com/a/461945/time/1382114081/1382114381/0/Damage+Dealt

AMR : http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/42e86a39-0786-4216-ad51-ebeaeff36845

Im pretty sure I could do better because I missed 2 HB and energy management was a bit off a couple times during the parse.

I want to see a 16 man HM Thrasher with 9 Sab Slingers before that happens.

Why stop at 9? You can totally 2 or 3 heal it... 11-12 sab slingers!

The real shame, to me at least, is how nicely the rotation would work if you didn't have scatter bombs. Close to 100% uptime on all 4 dots, nice places to put aimed shot and flyby, plenty of GCDs for sab charge and flourish shot... but throw Hightail It into the mix and you're constantly either delaying dots to roll or delaying your roll to maintain your dots. It ends up being very unsatisfying. I never end a parse feeling like I did a good job. Oh well, I'll be trying it more this weekend, maybe it'll start to feel a bit more natural and a bit less like playing catch up for 5min.

Edited by namesaretough

Why stop at 9? You can totally 2 or 3 heal it... 11-12 sab slingers!

I'm fairly certain that would kill Thrasher so fast torparse wouldn't count it as a legit clear. :-)

The real shame, to me at least, is how nicely the rotation would work if you didn't have scatter bombs. Close to 100% uptime on all 4 dots, nice places to put aimed shot and flyby, plenty of GCDs for sab charge and flourish shot... but throw Hightail It into the mix and you're constantly either delaying dots to roll or delaying your roll to maintain your dots. It ends up being very unsatisfying. I never end a parse feeling like I did a good job. Oh well, I'll be trying it more this weekend, maybe it'll start to feel a bit more natural and a bit less like playing catch up for 5min.

Yeah, I feel the same way. I tried Eng a bit on my sniper and hated every minute of it. If I were raiding seriously on him, I'd probably learn the spec just so I can reach my maximum potential on bosses which support it (Grob, Thrasher, Nefra, Titan), but I wouldn't enjoy it like I do Hybrid.

You mean the buffs to:

- Illegal mods

- Smuggler's Luck

I'm not to sure about flyby being a nerve. In the new operations there are loads of bossfights with adds. They stated a nerve to damage but a buff to energy cost, activation time and cooldown.

Question:

- Illegal mods (what buff to Illegal mods o_O? Can you share an excerpt?)

- Smuggler's Luck (nope. Already messaged eric and they are too busy right now so i have no answer yet. i doubt it is going to push through. but who knows)

- Speedshot / Charged burst

- Shockcharge (multitarget) (do you have a link?)

- better energy management for saboteurs (what is wrong with this? Sabs do not need better enegy management. Where did you get this?. Saboteur has a sloppy rotation and that is what BW is trying to fix. Do you REALLY want to play a class with this kind of priority list?

MAX DPS Opener:

Orbital Strike XS Freighter Flyby

Ambush Aimed Shot

If applicable pop relic and attack adrenal

Plasma Probe Incendiary Grenade running into melee range

Interrogation Probe Shock Charge running into melee range

Corrosive Dart Vital Shot running into melee range

Shatter Shot Flourish Shot

Target Acquired Illegal Mods

Covered Escape Hightail It

Explosive Probe Sabotage Charge

EMP Discharge Sabotage

Series of Shots Speed Shot

Laze Target Smuggler's Luck

Snipe* Charged Burst*

Snipe* Charged Burst*

Snipe* Charged Burst*

Adrenaline Probe Cool Head

Overload Shot Quick Shot when repositioning to maintain 3x Electrified Railgun Blazing Speed stacks

Followed by Single target priority list:

Shatter Shot Flourish Shot

EMP Sabotage

---------------------------

Plasma Probe Incendiary Grenade

Interrogation Probe Shock Charge

Corrosive Dart Vital Shot

----------------------------

Explosive Probe Sabotage Charge

Series of Shots Speed Shot

---------------------------

Orbital Strike* Flyby*

Electrified Railgun x3 Blazing Speed x3

Ambush Aimed Shot

Takedown Quickdraw

Snipe* Charged Burst*

Overload Shot Quick Shot

Some facts:

BioWare is nerfing Rolling-In-Place (not intended).

They want to give Engi/Sab a more fluid rotation (unlike the one above)

They do not like how Engi/Sab is dependent on long cooldown abilities; EP , PP (and Roll for that matter). All these abilities are on a 20 ish second cooldown. Quite long for abilities that comprise 10-15 %, 10-15% and up to 25% of your total DPS

They do not want Engineer's to be so dependent on Scatter Bombs (25% of its DPS)

They intended for Scatter Bombs to be something extra (only). Like Lethality's Corrosive Mine.

The side-effect of this is that we have a Sniper playing in semi-melee range (every 20 seconds) in a boss fight.

They do not know/ or have not given out any information yet on how they will address the above issues. My guess is allocating some of Scatter Bomb's damage to other abilities in the Engineering rotation. Maybe EP or SoS or even Plasma Probe? No one knows yet.

Edited by paowee

Yes this ^^

Falver when do we get to post pyro parses again, the barrage proc Gods don't like me right now

I've been asking around, I heard Pyro is bugged for Mercs right now? Extra shot from your OH or something like that?

Also, there are scalars now? o_O lol had to google what that means :))

Edited by paowee

I've been asking around, I heard Pyro is bugged for Mercs right now? Extra shot from your OH or something like that?

Also, there are scalars now? o_O lol had to google what that means :))

Rail shot is supposed to vent 8 heat, and mercs shoot it from both blasters. If they both hit, they vent 16 heat.

iirc

Dammit C-tor, you're a beast! I crave the vanguard competition but not when I'm losing haha.. Anyways I got a few small upgrades, but I'm not gonna beat that parse till I get a considerable amount of gear and alot of crits.

Mruniverse - Vanguard - Hybrid - 2/22/22 - 3362.58

http://www.torparse.com/a/463974/time/1382330681/1382331015/0/Damage+Dealt

Edited by xXsgtstinkerXx

You mean the buffs to:

- Illegal mods

- Smuggler's Luck

Since many has asked about where I pulled this info from .... very easy .... The sniper top 3 answers by the combat team.

Illegal Mods, while admittedly “boring” in what it does, is a rather powerful cooldown in PvP. It’s great for cutting through a tank or heavily armored opponent’s defenses, or simply improving your already great damage. On the other hand, Smuggler's Luck does leave a bit to be desired. As you stated in the question, Gunslingers already deal some of the highest, most consistent damage in the game, so any change to Smuggler's Luck would likely come at a price. For example, we could consider changing Smuggler's Luck to increase the critical hit chance of your next Aimed Shot, Sabotage Charge, or Quickdraw by 100% (instead of Charged Burst) – but would you really want that change if it meant that another minute or two were added to Smuggler's Luck’s cooldown?

Hemorrhaging Blast could probably use an energy cost and, as a result, get a damage boost. Speed Shot and Charged Burst could probably use some boons to make them stronger abilities in the Dirty Fighting rotation

The strength of Saboteur in PvE is definitely AoE damage, while the weaknesses are mostly quality of life issues like energy management, Shock Charge’s single target limit, Incendiary Grenade’s cooldown, and lack of a well-flowing rotation – thanks to the extremely long cooldowns on Sabotage Charge and XS Freighter Flyby

Also don't forget about this quote

While all of this is less than ideal, making changes to Sabotage Charge and XS Freighter Flyby could have negative effects on the other Gunslinger specializations, so it isn’t likely that you will see changes for this anytime soon.

Anyway ... whatever bioware is changing, I will keep on playing saboteur. I'm doing this since January 2012 and loving it very much. The 2.0 changes meant a very big change for me because I'm now supossed to be in melee range.

About the roll-in-place-bug. I don't use it. Don't like it. That having said, You can use all 5 scatterbombs on many many bossfights like:

TfB: Horror, Operator, Terror (Dreadguards and Kephess if the tanks cooperate and place the bosses near a wall)

Scum: Dash, Titan, Trasher and Oasis

DF: Nevra, Draxon, grob 'thok, corrupter zero (Just place draxon and corrupter near a wall)

DP: Bestia, Calphayus (exept future/past), Dreadcouncil

For DF and DP this is a whopping 6,5/10 bossfights with an easy 5 scatterbomb hitchance.

Since many has asked about where I pulled this info from .... very easy .... The sniper top 3 answers by the combat team.

Also don't forget about this quote

Anyway ... whatever bioware is changing, I will keep on playing saboteur. I'm doing this since January 2012 and loving it very much. The 2.0 changes meant a very big change for me because I'm now supossed to be in melee range.

About the roll-in-place-bug. I don't use it. Don't like it. That having said, You can use all 5 scatterbombs on many many bossfights like:

TfB: Horror, Operator, Terror (Dreadguards and Kephess if the tanks cooperate and place the bosses near a wall)

Scum: Dash, Titan, Trasher and Oasis

DF: Nevra, Draxon, grob 'thok, corrupter zero (Just place draxon and corrupter near a wall)

DP: Bestia, Calphayus (exept future/past), Dreadcouncil

For DF and DP this is a whopping 6,5/10 bossfights with an easy 5 scatterbomb hitchance.

ive noticed the roll in place has become drastically harder to pull off lately, did they stealth patch ir or something?