2.4+ DPS Leaderboard

Edit 2: It seems other Hybrid snipers/gunslingers have the same "problem" (s�rgluke for example). I would like to know which time one should take. The time when you actually kill the dummy, or the time the game puts you out of combat?

I have done the Sörgluke Parse so here is as far as i understood it:

We take and compare the fight time the game and torparse give us for the "enter" and "leave" combat window.

@THoK-Zeus: So your time (of the unedited fight) would be 4m 19.977s

To get the accurate DPS for the parse we then devide the time by the 1mil Damage, which would be 3846,5 in the Zah'ik parse.

I guess this is the easiest way of comparing the parses because we do not need to edit the parses themself and the main compare-criteria (the time) is given in torparse without having to calculate anything.

The problem seems to be again the non structured time in the SW Universe. The Force just don't let thing happen at the right order. Or may it be the servers? :rolleyes: I guess using the raw time gives us the least to debate about... May the Lag be with you ...

@THoK-Zeus: Really nice parse and interesting opener. How do you manage to hit the dummy so close together with ambush, xs and the Explosive probe? Is your opener XS- Ambush- Explosive- Dots or XS- Explosive- Ambush- Dots?

Is your AMR Profile up to date? I really fear the day you are BiS equiped ^^

Lets get the 3,9k busted :cool:

Edited by Flyluke

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have done the Sörgluke Parse so here is as far as i understood it:

We take and compare the fight time the game and torparse give us for the "enter" and "leave" combat window.

@THoK-Zeus: So your time (of the unedited fight) would be 4m 19.977s

To get the accurate DPS for the parse we then devide the time by the 1mil Damage, which would be 3846,5 in the Zah'ik parse.

I guess this is the easiest way of comparing the parses because we do not need to edit the parses themself and the main compare-criteria (the time) is given in torparse without having to calculate anything.

The problem seems to be again the non structured time in the SW Universe. The Force just don't let thing happen at the right order. Or may it be the servers? :rolleyes: I guess using the raw time gives us the least to debate about... May the Lag be with you ...

@THoK-Zeus: Really nice parse and interesting opener. How do you manage to hit the dummy so close together with ambush, xs and the Explosive probe? Is your opener XS- Ambush- Explosive- Dots or XS- Explosive- Ambush- Dots?

Is your AMR Profile up to date? I really fear the day you are BiS equiped ^^

Lets get the 3,9k busted :cool:

The "Problem" is that we get thrown out of combat the hit before we kill the dummy (0,2 sec for you, 0,1 sec for me).

Changes nothing but as far as i understand, the TTK of the dummy matters (for the leaderboard) and we can't crop parses to that point because the game throws us out of combat before we actually kill the dummy. Too much dps for swtor i guess :D. In my torparse log i can't really see the kill of the dummy.

Yes my opener is Orbital-Ambush-Explosive-Dots, so all of these 3 abilitys will hit at the same time. Explosive Probe hits harder per gcd then my dots, so i use it before them.

And yes my amr profile is up to date :) (want more guild alt runs).

Edited by THoK-Zeus

In fact, it seems that the game (and then the log) detects your final hit: when you look into your log, you leave combat just after having activated the action that will kill the dummy and before dummy's health is below the last hit damage.

Ex. on Sörgluke's log :

17:38:49.630 Sörgluke activates Ladungssalve.

Dummy still too high to be killed by the next incoming hit.

17:38:49.723 Sörgluke's Schockladung (Tech) hits Operationen-Trainingsdummy for 826 Energie damage, causing 826 threat.

17:38:49.723 Sörgluke's Blutend (Tech) hits Operationen-Trainingsdummy for 812 Körperlich damage, causing 812 threat.

Dummy low enough to be killed by the next incoming hit.

17:38:51.241 Sörgluke leaves combat.

17:38:51.452 Sörgluke's Ladungssalve critically hits Operationen-Trainingsdummy for 5775* Energie damage, causing 5775 threat!

17:38:51.452 Sörgluke kills Operationen-Trainingsdummy.

Given that, IMO, the time we should consider is the time between "Enter combat" and Dummy's death (xxxxx kills Operation Dummy): if the last hit had missed or had not be taken into account, the dummy wouldn't have died and we would still be in combat.

Then, the correct DPS is, still IMO, 1 million (the real amount of damage needed to kill the dummy) divided by [Kill - Enter combat]

The standard that's been adopted for the thread is to clip your parse from "Enters Combat" to "Death" (of the dummy). Now I have to work on improving enough to get back onto the boards. I have one that 2 weeks ago would have put me in 2nd place overall, but now doesn't even make the scoreboard.

EDIT: LongHorn is correct: divide 1 million hp by the time between the "Enters Combat" and "Death" events. That's your dps, though only your TTK matters for this thread, now.

EDIT:EDIT:

I apparently can't compare numbers, as that parse puts me at 5th again.

Edited by Aelanis

The "Problem" is that we get thrown out of combat the hit before we kill the dummy (0,2 sec for you, 0,1 sec for me).

Changes nothing but as far as i understand, the TTK of the dummy matters (for the leaderboard) and we can't crop parses to that point because the game throws us out of combat before we actually kill the dummy. Too much dps for swtor i guess . In my torparse log i can't really see the kill of the dummy.

Yeah too much dps for sure :D

At least until the next NiM Content :eek:

The standard that's been adopted for the thread is to clip your parse from "Enters Combat" to "Death" (of the dummy). Now I have to work on improving enough to get back onto the boards. I have one that 2 weeks ago would have put me in 2nd place overall, but now doesn't even make the scoreboard.

Gosh, i just wish there would be one thing we don't need to edit, manually calculate or work arround in the game. I should actually start to count the relogs (faster then to leave the ship and reenter) to only get my stupid dummy to dissapear when I drop the Freighter Flight. I understand thats frightning but I don't want a dummy that has actual feelings :rolleyes:

My apologies then ... I officially have not broken the 3850 ... Its only 3847 ... Starting then again in one week to parse again, with a slightly differed opener maybe ... lets see what the Exlosive Probe does when it gets shifted by one gcd :rolleyes:

I will edit my parse post accordingly ...

And yes my amr profile is up to date (want more guild alt runs).

Well you will get them I guess, at least there seems to be enough time until the next NiM content is live ... BtW ... Want to buy NiM Content ... Now :rak_01:

Alright, Mikaeel, time for you to try to get back onto the boards :)

you must have missed this:

Mikaeel-Shadow-5/36/5-5m 3.811s

TORPARSE- http://www.torparse.com/a/527657/time/1387585490/1387585793/0/Overview

AMR- http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/aed0863c-bb90-40eb-96fe-1f955f1d55cd

cropped to last ability used, didn't know that was a thing ._. but i did it. do whatever you need to do with the link, it's still a decent parse ^.^

more attempts to come

my log was pretty wiggy since i accidentally hit the dummy after it was killed and respawned as is apparently quite common. but measuring from enter combat to last ability before death is in the 5m 3s area. i still have to beat aerre :-/

but yeah i gave up shortly after that, i should get back at it anyway ;P

Yeah, I missed it. Looks like the competition is back on. You're barely holding the number 5 spot now, so we'll all have to step up our game.

yeah it'd be nice if i could get any sort of gear upgrade to help with that :p holiday season makes for slow progress in the raiding life, which in turn makes the prospect of beating any records a dim prospect indeed. soon we'll be out of the holiday buzz and the real competition will continue ;) until then i think i'll take advantage of the vacation time and not stress myself over it. if i get bumped out of 5th place then i might have some motivation, heh.

EDIT: LongHorn is correct: divide 1 million hp by the time between the "Enters Combat" and "Death" events. That's your dps, though only your TTK matters for this thread, now.

EDIT:EDIT:

I apparently can't compare numbers, as that parse puts me at 5th again.

If you crop the time by the combat length, such as here, it'll include the final hit, almost, every time. Take, for example, the Gunslinger/Sniper board, 3/5 included the final hit but conversely 2/5 did not. Part of the reason is that their final hits were rather small, 64 damage and 2.3k.

The Saboteur/Engineering ones all include the last hit, for whatever reason.

At any rate, clip it by the xx:xx:xx~xx:xx:xx time and it'll be accurate more often than it isn't. If it isn't accurate, well, little more you can do at that point.

you have 60% crit on charged bolts... lucky you!

I actually have an ungodly amount of crit on my gear (530 by my last count), so that isn't actually terribly high for me. I still need to fix my rotation though, my charged bolts usage is still terribly low compared to Pizza and Marisi.

If you crop the time by the combat length, such as here, it'll include the final hit, almost, every time. Take, for example, the Gunslinger/Sniper board, 3/5 included the final hit but conversely 2/5 did not. Part of the reason is that their final hits were rather small, 64 damage and 2.3k.

The Saboteur/Engineering ones all include the last hit, for whatever reason.

At any rate, clip it by the xx:xx:xx~xx:xx:xx time and it'll be accurate more often than it isn't. If it isn't accurate, well, little more you can do at that point.

So I tryed to manually select the times of my parse but then two bad things happen...

1) Is that the actual beginning of the fight is not the first hit on the dummy, but the first tick of the selfheal which happens 0,114 seconds before the "enters combat" line.

If I reduce the given combat time of torparse by this 0,114sec I'm again on the 4m19,932

2) Torparse still not recognizes that the 1mill damage puppy has 1 million damage, somehow there seems that the dummy got killed with 259 less health then intended.

Heres the link to the time window I selected, maybe I'm just missing something. :rak_02:

Torparse

It seems to me that the "leaves combat" line and the "kill" line are seperated by the doubled ping, or are at least strongly linked to the latency or server lag. Too bad the time dosn't flow steady in the SW universe :rolleyes:

@Falver: i repost this again with a cropped time from entering combat to the death of the dummy.

Zah'ik - Sniper -5/18/23 - 4m 20,061 s - 3854,91 dps

Log: http://www.torparse.com/a/534783/time/1388284491/1388284751/0/Overview

I can also crop it to the first damage i do to the dummy (because swtor lag gets me too early into combat):

then i get:

Zah'ik - Sniper - 5/18/23 - 4m 19,663 s -3860,82 dps

Log: http://www.torparse.com/a/534783/time/1388284492/1388284751/0/Overview

AMR: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...b-3bac27443f2a

Edited by THoK-Zeus

It seems to me that the "leaves combat" line and the "kill" line are seperated by the doubled ping, or are at least strongly linked to the latency or server lag. Too bad the time dosn't flow steady in the SW universe :rolleyes:

As I mentioned yesterday, this is not a latency issue:

In fact, it seems that the game (and then the log) detects your final hit: when you look into your log, you leave combat just after having activated the action that will kill the dummy and before dummy's health is below the last hit damage.

Ex. on Sörgluke's log :

17:38:49.630 Sörgluke activates Ladungssalve.

17:38:49.723 Sörgluke's Schockladung (Tech) hits Operationen-Trainingsdummy for 826 Energie damage, causing 826 threat.

17:38:49.723 Sörgluke's Blutend (Tech) hits Operationen-Trainingsdummy for 812 Körperlich damage, causing 812 threat.

Dummy low enough to be killed by the next incoming hit.

17:38:51.241 Sörgluke leaves combat.

Given that, IMO, the time we should consider is the time between "Enter combat" and Dummy's death (xxxxx kills Operation Dummy): if the last hit had missed or had not be taken into account, the dummy wouldn't have died and we would still be in combat.

Then, the correct DPS is, still IMO, 1 million (the real amount of damage needed to kill the dummy) divided by [Kill - Enter combat]

I think it is quite important to set the exact same rule for everyone, as it can change the top 5.

For example, in the current Sentinel/Marauder Leaderboard, you can check that we have Devil standing in the 3rd position and El'ethon in the 4th:

3. Devil - Marauder - Carnage - 7/36/3 - 4'35.387s

Log Link: http://www.torparse.com/a/511777/time/1386177914/1386178189/0/Overview

AMR Profile:

4. El'ethon - Sentinel - Watchman - 36/8/2 - 4'35.390s

Log Link: http://www.torparse.com/a/522726/time/1387125673/1387125948/0/Overview

AMR Profile: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/19471e6b-c244-4c90-8c68-50a14cb05247

BUT, if you look closer to their parses, they have not been set with the same rule.

Devil:

• Beginning at 12:25:14.111 Devil enters combat.
  • End at 12:29:49.498 Devil gains Massacre.

which leads to a 4'35.387s parse.

El'ethon:

• Beginning at 17:41:13.157 El'ethon enters combat.
  • End at 17:45:48.547 El'ethon kills Operationen-Trainingsdummy.

which leads to a 4'35.390s parse.

This is not correct, IMO. El'ethon's parse has been set with the "good" [Enter - Death] rule, where Devil's one ends before Dummy's death.

If we set the same rule for both of them, Devil's parse becomes:

Devil:

• Beginning at 12:25:14.111 Devil enters combat.
  • End at 12:29:50.081 Devil kills Operations Training Dummy.

which leads to a 4'35.970s parse.

Then, with the same rule for everyone, El'ethon gets the 3rd position, Devil gets the 4th :)

NB: I do not know either of them :) I just picked an example in the current leaderboard.

@LongHornTx: I leave combat before i activated the last attack that kills the dummy.

03:39:11.654 Zah'ik leaves combat.

03:39:11.670 Zah'ik gains 2 energy.

03:39:11.670 Zah'ik's Cull critically hits Operations Training Dummy for 1586* internal damage, causing 1586 threat!

03:39:11.670 Zah'ik's Cull hits Operations Training Dummy for 918 internal damage, causing 918 threat.

03:39:11.671 Zah'ik's Cull hits Operations Training Dummy for 936 energy damage, causing 936 threat.

03:39:11.673 Zah'ik activates Series of Shots.

03:39:11.673 Zah'ik spends 20 energy.

03:39:11.673 Zah'ik's Shattered Armor effect of Armor Reduced fades from Operations Training Dummy.

03:39:11.674 Zah'ik's 1,000,000 Health effect of 1,000,000 Health fades from Operations Training Dummy.

03:39:11.675 Zah'ik gains Sprint.

03:39:11.676 Zah'ik's Interrogation Probe effect of Interrogation Probe (Tech) fades from Operations Training Dummy.

03:39:11.676 Zah'ik's Corrosive Grenade effect of Poisoned (Tech) fades from Operations Training Dummy.

03:39:11.676 Zah'ik's Corrosive Dart effect of Poisoned (Tech) fades from Operations Training Dummy.

03:39:11.737 Zah'ik's Series of Shots critically hits Operations Training Dummy for 3195* energy damage, causing 3195 threat!

03:39:11.738 Zah'ik kills Operations Training Dummy.

Edited by THoK-Zeus

@LongHornTx: I leave combat before i activated the last attack that kills the dummy.

Yep, in your case I think (not sure, but I think) we can talk about latency between the "Leaves combat" line and the "Final action" line:

03:39:11.654 Zah'ik leaves combat.

03:39:11.673 Zah'ik activates Series of Shots.

03:39:11.673 Zah'ik spends 20 energy.

03:39:11.673 Zah'ik's Shattered Armor effect of Armor Reduced fades from Operations Training Dummy.

03:39:11.674 Zah'ik's 1,000,000 Health effect of 1,000,000 Health fades from Operations Training Dummy.

0.019 s between "leaves combat" and "final action". You can see that the dummy loses its armor and health effects at the exact same time you activate the ability that will kill kim.

Anyway, that does not change the fact that, IMO, the real End Time to be considered is the "Kill" one :)

Just don't crop the parses at all?

Since we're comparing ttk anyway, what's the point? No cropping means it's the same for everyone, or am I missing something?

In fact, I admit this may sound as a detail, but yes, we want to compare TTK, but Torparse does not set a priori the End Time as the time when you kill the dummy. This is a problem if want to talk about Time To Kill :)

Second point, when you crop with the "By Time" option, Torparse is not accurate enough to get the exact "Kill dummy" millisecond, and that leads to non-homogeneous parses in the current state of the leaderboard.

The only way to talk about time to kill and compare those ttk is to check into the log the exact lines and times.

Edited by LongHornTx

Depends on what we choose to consider.

If you take the example I showed before (Devil and El'ethon, Sentinel leaderboard),

• if no cropping, letting Torparse fixing the fight between EnterCombat and ExitCombat, Devil's time is 4' 35.363s, El'ethon's is 4'35.375s. Then Devil is 3rd ; El'ethon is 4th.
  • if we look more precisely into the log to check the time when dummy dies, then Devil gets 4'35.970s and El'ethon gets 4'35.390s. Here El'ethon is 3rd ; Devil is 4th.

Which one is correct? :) Depends on what we choose. My opinion is that the correct format has to be between Enter and Death.

Edited by LongHornTx

So we get very different times on the events we want to consider.

"Enter Combat" Line, the first actual "Damage" Line or simply the first line which shows up when we crop the times with torparse.

The same thing with the end of the fight.

Should we consider the time of the "kill", the "leaving combat" or the "killing blow" as the limiters for the fights.

ImO it should be the "Enters Combat" and "Kills Dummy" Line with the exact times of the events.

This would involve manually checking each parse, but at least then we have 2 unique lines to search for and compare and no room for discussion left. And the second advantage is that we can "guess" if the Torparse, parsec combat time is worth checking the log itself further to be maybe named in the ranks.