Hahahahah

maverickmatt

Tell me how hard it is to play Operative heals, never run out of energy, put out massive heal numbers, and have utility a healer should NEVER have (heal from cover? ***. Out of combat mezz? I thought you were heals. Oh wait, you have a supergapcloser? No, no way you're a healer....)

it is pretty funny how many escapes an op/scoundrel healer has. I think you neglected one of their best: dat aoe mezz. I think the flash bang is legit, btw. just saying...ton of escapes for what is already the slipperiest of healing classes (rarely have to stand still).

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a Lrn2play issue there. "BW nerf this class because the player countered everything I threw at him, I have no patience and dont know how to counter classes, NERF NOW"

Isn't always how the nerf start? some nerfs are evident that are need but others are caused due bad players dont even try learn the other class mechanic, i never cried for the nerf on pyro, and still had to learn how and when to use the defense skills on the right time.

Some times i die other i win, but some players simply wanna have the whole time the advantage over others

Sounds like a Lrn2play issue there. "BW nerf this class because the player countered everything I threw at him, I have no patience and dont know how to counter classes, NERF NOW"

Just to be clear; you did or didn't catch my sarcasm? I know it's hard to detect on the internet.

Isn't always how the nerf start? some nerfs are evident that are need but others are caused due bad players dont even try learn the other class mechanic, i never cried for the nerf on pyro, and still had to learn how and when to use the defense skills on the right time.

Some times i die other i win, but some players simply wanna have the whole time the advantage over others

Hmm my Scoundrel sure recalls the 100's of posts that were daily here when he was a scrapper,then three nerfs later we finally get something and there is still calls to kill the class.

Fact is,is that Sent/Mar's are a little out of whack with the D CD's.

Hmm my Scoundrel sure recalls the 100's of posts that were daily here when he was a scrapper,then three nerfs later we finally get something and there is still calls to kill the class.

Thats not a fact, thats your opinion, in fact you offer nothing empirical to claim its a fact. (see what I did there, that is a fact)

Thats not a fact, thats your opinion, in fact you offer nothing empirical to claim its a fact. (see what I did there, that is a fact)

Ok but honesty is the best policy and i know what i see and apparently the PvP dev's believe so too,they look at the metrics and math does not lie.

yes true but like am saying all this time, only smasher, since rebuke will deal more damage and last longer obviously make him op, now if is a combat or watchman its not a big deal to kill him, and i will not **** with saber ward which is the best to counter scraper but is 3 min cd.

people need to compare how class perform on several trees, and lets face it, focus changes the current defense skills to better, is obvious where problem is, but i know bw will make crap like alwys, then they will nerf the def skills, but on focus it will stay untouched or even better, then people strill cry for a nerf, i guess they will be happier when whole sentinels and i mean all of them are playing smash, then thy will rage quit wz because a group have 4 or more smashers and cant heal nothing or survive more than 5 secs after res pawn or then they will all roll smasher, then it will eventually achieve a point where both teams is like 7 or 8 smashers in group, and is really fun watching both teams smashing each others on massive aoe and see who is the last standing man...

I just hope they remember to only nerf smash. No one who knows what they're talking about thinks combat is too strong, and I'm not even sure it's possible to nerf watchman more.

Translation:

OH! NO the realised my class is OP, I like my OP class, plz dont nerf my OP class cuz it isnt OP

On a serious note, if the use the ''uncleansable dot thing'' they are going to use with balance/madness shadow/assassin, annihilation might become a very powerfull spec in pvp, other than that, the spec shouldnt be nerfed or buffed imo.

Combat/carnage...yeah I think its fine, the burst is pretty much like the assassin/shadow (very powerfull and borderline OP when stars align but super useless if RNG god hates you.

Smash..I think a nerf might be needed.

No he is right to a point. The defense is too high, but the offense is too low to remove it.

To balance the entire class:

1. UDR to a speccable talent, high in the Focus Tree (both ACs).

2. Significantly increase damage reflect and passive healing on Ani.

3. Slight increases in energy management, speed, and debuffs on Carn.

4. Move Smash proc to Sweeping Slash.

5. Significantly increase Retaliation and Blaster reflect on Shien.

6. Add a guard talent to increase range of guard on the Immortal Tree.

/balanced

Ok but honesty is the best policy and i know what i see and apparently the PvP dev's believe so too,they look at the metrics and math does not lie.

Well with the metrics they used to screw shadow tanking?It was their metrics who tell scoundrel was in need so many nerfs? after so many show how wrong they were they still messed up totally. in this case there is no need metrics to see where problem is, but people have to find always something to complain, they are never happy

Lets nerf all trees except smash then everyone play smash, then months later lets nerf smash and buff other tree, is time to play other thing or class :):

Well with the metrics they used to screw shadow tanking?It was their metrics who tell scoundrel was in need so many nerfs? after so many show how wrong they were they still messed up totally. in this case there is no need metrics to see where problem is, but people have to find always something to complain, they are never happy

Lets nerf all trees except smash then everyone play smash, then months later lets nerf smash and buff other tree, is time to play other thing or class :):

I have every reason to believe that the scrappers were nerfed so hard due to the forums,i know many will call that conspiracy but when you have a class (Then) around 5% of all class's and the whining was soo strong and even what's his name said "Groups of Operatives stun locking people" yes i have every reason to believe that it was a knee jerk reaction but those nerfs came quick along with stackable stims and clicky relics.

There has been no other class nerfed so fast in three times like the Op/Scoundrel and soo fast.

Edited by Sathid

Translation:

OH! NO the realised my class is OP, I like my OP class, plz dont nerf my OP class cuz it isnt OP

On a serious note, if the use the ''uncleansable dot thing'' they are going to use with balance/madness shadow/assassin, annihilation might become a very powerfull spec in pvp, other than that, the spec shouldnt be nerfed or buffed imo.

Combat/carnage...yeah I think its fine, the burst is pretty much like the assassin/shadow (very powerfull and borderline OP when stars align but super useless if RNG god hates you.

Smash..I think a nerf might be needed.

Its more or less fine, tbh they could only and only do a thing and dont get me wrong, was make again blade rush always proc auto crit for blade storm, don't get wrong but even a smash is strongest than a blade storm auto crit but by a mile of distance.

But nefing th def skills as they are now combat will not live enough to put the minimal supposed numbers, as a single target well i accept infiltration hits faster, is a spec to attack from hide and kill fast if you fail then cloak again and try again, its how its meant to be played. 1v1

Yeah, you gotta watch their metrics. Given how long it takes them to adjust, I recommend having multiple toons at least leveled to where you can switch mains if a class suddenly is no longer fun to play. That may happen with or without a nerf or buff.

They didnt even have a patch for other class's lol it was just bam,bam,bam Op/Scoundrels it was very obvious.

It took them a year to touch sorc's,why? because there was so many,it is not healthy for the bottom line to mess with the light saber and purple lightning crowd yah know.

Edited by Sathid

They didnt even have a patch for other class's lol it was just bam,bam,bam Op/Scoundrels it was very obvious.

It took them a year to touch sorc's,why because there was so many,it is not healthy for the bottom line to mess with the light saber and purple lightning crowd yah know.

Took them ages to somewhat right a wrong in what they did to merc/commandos and 2/3 of that class still has a lot to be desired. Operatives are still lackluster IMO outside of heals and they were one of the first to get it. Sorce really isn't what it was at launch. It takes a while to nerf, but it takes even longer to correct an over-nerf most times. PT/Vanguard I am not sure how the results were but it looked like at least an effort to undo the over-nerf but even that took how many months since 2.0?

Not apparently, more like supposedly, I have not seen a link where a dev said any of this. Check the math, the math wont show that survivability is too high for sents, it may show that smash has OP damage (which I am not debating). But if you went on metrics alone, metrics would say that in OPs Smash, in fact, parses lower than Watchman or Combat.

No he is right to a point. The defense is too high, but the offense is too low to remove it.

/balanced

2- they nerfed he healing so yes agree they should put him as it was before at least

3- are you saying they should increase focus coast? if so in wath? and wath you mean on camouflage?

4-can you explain better please?

5-retaliation is useless pretty much for sentinel, and you mean saber reflect?

6- hun don't think so, that would make protection too far away,

Took them ages to somewhat right a wrong in what they did to merc/commandos and 2/3 of that class still has a lot to be desired. Operatives are still lackluster IMO outside of heals and they were one of the first to get it. Sorce really isn't what it was at launch. It takes a while to nerf, but it takes even longer to correct an over-nerf most times. PT/Vanguard I am not sure how the results were but it looked like at least an effort to undo the over-nerf but even that took how many months since 2.0?

I agree with every thing you stated,and every class should be viable i am sure that is what most of us want,it is a big undertaking to make things even somewhat equal i am sure and even with all the debate here i really do enjoy the PvP here on many toons.

Not apparently, more like supposedly, I have not seen a link where a dev said any of this. Check the math, the math wont show that survivability is too high for sents, it may show that smash has OP damage (which I am not debating). But if you went on metrics alone, metrics would say that in OPs Smash, in fact, parses lower than Watchman or Combat.

I cant comment too much on Sent's and damage but what i do see as a scoundrel healer is that sents seem to survive very well and a well geared Mar eats through me like butter and seems to have a sticking point where no damage exists.

My sent is only 38 and until i play a class i do not like to comment too much.

well focus is without doubt a pvp spec that is why hist with that numbers , players don't have 320k hp or more :)

So watchman and combat atm are both viable for pve, 1 is sustained damage with good damage but over time, and combat is faster burst, faster results

I cant comment too much on Sent's and damage but what i do see as a scoundrel healer is that sents seem to survive very well and a well geared Mar eats through me like butter and seems to have a sticking point where no damage exists.

My sent is only 38 and until i play a class i do not like to comment too much.

well they are supposed to be the best and a pure melee dps class, but all this debate is about his defensive skills.

i can say is hard to kill a scoundrel healer as combat but not impossible, but takes times due how they heal, ofc as a focus i will have great survival and efficient burst to kill the scoundrel on the amount of time required.

but since your sentinel is lv 38 you already have the talent which improve rebuke, may i suggest to play with and without that skill and watch the differences?

/balanced

let me get this straight, your lowering the survivability of the two least played specs making focus the primary damage spec, while increasing the utility of the other two specs? So who is your boss at BW? Just like BW seems like you want more smashers.

The Defence is not the problem, its the damage of smash that would be a problem. Sins have a vanish and 100% immunity to force/tech cd, i dont hear clamour about removing that, and they are the best 1v1 class atm.

UDR is not an issue, not an issue at all. When you see a sent use UDR, (here is a well known secret among people that PvP). CC them. Stun them. Root them. Snare them. All work. And you can even use a couple of those when they are white barred!. Knights/Wars are supposed to leap into enemies and drive them back (they are melee and hence why they have leap), in doing so, they absolutely must have dcds. No way around it. Especially when you have ranged, like Smugglers with their dodge, and seemingly infinite dcds and gap openers.

If UDR gives you problems learn to cycle your dcds, you might find it no longer gives you problems.