Arena but no class balancing? Vote with your wallet, unsub!

Qwurdilu

Never believed they would really do this. I allways hoped for the good. But after todays non existant changes in pvp class balance, and after watching videos of backpedalling devs playing arena, im right now pretty sure they have no idea of competetive pvp, and they are not very intrested in learning the basics.

As it stands right now, maros, op healers and juggers are just way overpowered. I really wonder how one cannot see this.

As i dont want to fund this kind of **** anymore im going to unsub. And i really hope more people will also going to unsub.

Vote with your wallet.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Balancing is 2.5, they are waiting to see where the chips fall before they jump the gun, since only a small handful of specs where tested on the pts

My sorc laughed a little inside-after healing to full, LoSing and making them pay for trying to kill her of course.

My sorc laughed a little inside-after healing to full, LoSing and making them pay for trying to kill her of course.

Considering lightning is viable for arenas maybe not rage maurader, but perfectly viable, your quip is a bit off

Balancing is 2.5, they are waiting to see where the chips fall before they jump the gun, since only a small handful of specs where tested on the pts

They haven't balanced anything since 2.0 hit...the chips have fallen, the results are in...they need to actually DO something.

They haven't balanced anything since 2.0 hit...the chips have fallen, the results are in...they need to actually DO something.

Do what? they don't have any metrics all they have a small bit of PTS data which doesn't tell them much because almost every pts team was the same setup

Would you rather them be taking wild guess at balancing, on the hopes that they will magically get it right?

No thanks, I don't need another 1.2

I'm not going to tell you what to do, it's your sub and your money, but this isn't exactly breaking news. this has been known for a while.

I also think it's kind of funny how many "Don't balance around arenas" threads and posts we had and now everyone is like "No balance for arenas? This is BS." I know that was before they announced the removal of ranked but I still find it funny.

I'm not going to tell you what to do, it's your sub and your money, but this isn't exactly breaking news. this has been known for a while.

I also think it's kind of funny how many "Don't balance around arenas" threads and posts we had and now everyone is like "No balance for arenas? This is BS." I know that was before they announced the removal of ranked but I still find it funny.

I remember making posts back when arenas where first announced about how arenas would probably raise the greatest balance QQ swtor has ever known

That's wishful thinking.

But when do BW ever keep promises for the PvP community? (Remember season 1 ranked?)

And what were they thinking when they added arena to the normal queue without forcing roles? I just had to suffer through a game where my team didnt have a healer. Instead we had a 24K sage who ran off at the start of both rounds and totaled 658 damage. That's 658, not 658K.

Common sense would say to balance then through in Arenas. But that is common sense, and this is Bioware

I'm going to have to vehemently disagree with you. There is much more to SWTOR than Arenas.

What needs to happen is simple math, along with situational circumstances (i.e. cleanses, resistances, armor bypass, etc.)

Arena balancing would require all classes balanced in burst DPS, healing capacity, and tanking capacity.

As long as this can be performed while improving the gross imbalance in PvE DPS, healing, and tanking, then sure, I'm all for it.

But balance cannot be achieved from Arena input alone.

That is common sense.

I haven't done any arenas yet this morning, but regular warzones on The Shadowlands are packed with op healers. My last team had 4 op healers, and our opponents had at least 2. I'm sure that has nothing to do with ops being the default healer for arena.

Do what? they don't have any metrics

balancing based solely on metrics is the worst thing ever.

The classes which excell are the most rerolled ones (like scoundrel heal now), which means tons of bad players adapt them and drag the average down. And the other way: good players stay with their class, generating good numbers. There are mando heals having regulary over 2000 hps.

Thats why focus specced has been buffed a lot with 1.2. Baddies dropped the average before and cried its hard to play.

balancing based on solely on metrics is a pure fail. If you cannot see scoundrel is way to strong in pvp you simply failed

It's going to be a painful 2 months for some classes

Guess it will be a good time to level up some of my alts thru lowbie PvP (always fun) and class stories.

I still enjoy 55 PvP, but it painfully obvious the disparity between classes...And even further when there is no match making system, or pre-made, competent teams vs casuals.

...and I believe it'll be much longer than 2 months :(

Balancing is very subjective. What I might think is balanced others will not and vica versa. Takes alot of time and data to get the real facts and not some noob who got beat and now running to the forums to cry about it threatening to un-sub because his e-peen got a little smaller.

I'm going to have to vehemently disagree with you. There is much more to SWTOR than Arenas.

What needs to happen is simple math, along with situational circumstances (i.e. cleanses, resistances, armor bypass, etc.)

Arena balancing would require all classes balanced in burst DPS, healing capacity, and tanking capacity.

As long as this can be performed while improving the gross imbalance in PvE DPS, healing, and tanking, then sure, I'm all for it.

But balance cannot be achieved from Arena input alone.

That is common sense.

Arenas is the next major update for PvP and it would make sense to at least bring balance in across all classes. They have more than enough PvE data or, option 2, give us 2 skill trees - one for PvE and one for PvP. It's not rocket science

Do what? they don't have any metrics all they have a small bit of PTS data which doesn't tell them much because almost every pts team was the same setup

Would you rather them be taking wild guess at balancing, on the hopes that they will magically get it right?

No thanks, I don't need another 1.2

Uh...they have a crap ton of metrics. Not "arena" based metrics, but they have 18+ months of WZ metrics they could go over...Arenas aren't going to play much differently.

balancing based solely on metrics is the worst thing ever.

balancing based on solely on metrics is a pure fail. If you cannot see scoundrel is way to strong in pvp you simply failed

^^^

Balancing based off of metrics is lazy, plain and simple. It is balance based off the average of a large pool, and does not take into consideration the strengths and weaknesses, which is why there is such a disparity in classes right now, i.e. DPS leaderboards, PvP FotM's (actually, FotY, if you understand the vernacular :o )

Anyone who has performed a serious experiment, has recorded its results, and measured versus a controlled environment would understand this. There are many variable and situations that need to be taken into consideration.

And I believe metrics is just the easiest way they can achieve "balance", due to the lack of professional, experienced, thorough testing.

Math is quite simple, and beyond fault, as it is finite. As long as you take into consideration all aspects and situations that can and will arise, and adjust accordingly, i.e. testing, both test group and controlled group in PvE, PvP, and versus.

Metrics do not do this. It takes the median average, and they adjust based off of this. Lazy man's testing.

Just did. And this is what I put for my reason cancelling. -

The Arenas are stupid, removing respec is stupid, the reduction in coms is stupid. After waiting almost 18 months, this is the best you can do?

Please go and watch a Star Wars movie and actually see what combat is about, because it doesn't include a stupid Arena!

My guild will be getting all my stuff before anyone asks.

Just did. And this is what I put for my reason cancelling. -

The Arenas are stupid, removing respec is stupid, the reduction in coms is stupid. After waiting almost 18 months, this is the best you can do?

Please go and watch a Star Wars movie and actually see what combat is about, because it doesn't include a stupid Arena!

My guild will be getting all my stuff before anyone asks.

Happy trails! :D :D :D Oh and if I remember correctly Attack of the Clones did have the arena scene with the Geonosians (very Roman Colosseum looking which were historically referred to as arenas).....but who am I to argue your opinion driven statements with facts. Once again yet another clueless post!

Feel free to reroll into dps operative/scoundrel and tell us then how good it is compared with sorc :o

I already did. Converted my op healer to a concealment dps. I tried to attack a sorc healer in huttball, almost killed him but he healed to full, LoSed and watched his marauder friend make me pay for trying to kill him (true story, not a pun).