Masks + Hoods

DarthVindictus

Is there any way to get the attention of our dear Bio Ware about this. (other than by forum post) cant we sign massive online petition or something?

I mean I am not even Sith but this bugs me, it takes away from the appeal and the sense of "dread" not that I actually feel the dread, but you know what I mean.

of a bad a** looking sith with a mask and hood.

It seems like it should be considered necessary.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are screenshots, avatars, and some video footage on this very site of hoods and masks on together. Get it back in game please, the sith armors look so dumb without it.

I use the ventilator headpiece and it works with the hood.

Also, it's interesting to note that in EVERY trailer for the game there is a sith wearing a mask with a hood. I mean, Darth Malgus is the poster child for that combination.. I played a Sith Inquisitor in EVERY build of Beta, but can't bring myself to touch one now. If my character looks ridiculous, I lose all motivation to play him.

I get it, helmets were causing some clipping errors... But let's not destroy such an iconic part of the Old Republic canon to fix a few minor graphical issues.

Maybe put headgear into two categories, helmets and masks. Helmets can remove the hood graphic and masks can leave it on. The particular models that caused clipping issues can simply be labeled as helmets (or hats for light armor). The rest can be labeled as masks.

I'd really love to play my SI, but looking at him makes me angry..

Also, the first time I saw that particular boss in that one instance since they took away mask/hood combos, I literally felt sick to my stomach.

While I agree, Malgus was a bad example. Why? Because you can have a breather and a hood. That's what my SW is rocking.

+1 for this topic request. I wanted to have my assassin pimp the look that the Assassin Dark Lord in the video with Malgus was sporting until it got knocked off, but come to find out, I cant. And to make it worse, I cant even do the hood/breathing mask combo like Warriors can because I cant wear heavy or medium armor and there are no light armor mask that work with the hood.

Sucks!

I completely agree. The hoods with the helmets was one of the things I really liked about gear, and It was a shame when they removed it.

I think Bioware should just remove hoods on the clipping helmets than outright removing all hoods. Or, you can make hoods toggleable. I just hope they add hoods again.

There are screenshots, avatars, and some video footage on this very site of hoods and masks on together. Get it back in game please, the sith armors look so dumb without it.

Oh, and just adding onto this

*Foundry spoilers*

Revan's codex picture also shows him with a hood and his helmet, but in-game he no longer wears his hood and his helmet. He also mysteriously looses his hood when he puts his helmet on and it kind of ruins the moment.

Edited by illidin

Update: My Sith Inquisitor got to level 14 from running black talon... I had to spacebar through the dialogue though, as visuals of my character's face only reminded me how awesome he will never be able to look...

Also, Please bring back hoods/masks!

and twileks should be able to wair hoods :( , or make a option for it

i can wear helmets that magicly fits on my head but when i have a fatt chest with hood it just doesnt show and i look ridiculous ...

and i seen some fanart drawing with twileks with hoods on with sort of holes in the back were lekka' comes out of

i want hoods :( or a free Species Change PLZ :p !

Edited by Genesizs

• 2 weeks later...

They could at least make SOME of the smaller masks(like lvl 50 pvp gear for marauders) compatible with hoods. I understand if the larger masks will look weird with at hood but BW seriously, throw us a bone here will ya?

At least give us something that looks like the trailers/screenshots/Revan style mask-hood combo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm just sick of the general "Clown Suit" syndrome. The peacock head I can live with... but the Artist who designed the Conehead should have been dragged out and force chocked to death, alone with the Art directer who let it pass!

Its false advertising to have the cool looking combos in the promo vids and Beta builds then to take it away later without any explainations :(

Half the Item sets currently cant be completed and we lost the mask/hood combo we all loved.

Bioware needs to fix this ASAP or they'll soon destroy the SWTOR as quickly as Lucas destroyed SW:TESB with the NO NO NOOOOOO!!! :mad:

Edited by Abmong

Also, it's interesting to note that in EVERY trailer for the game there is a sith wearing a mask with a hood. I mean, Darth Malgus is the poster child for that combination..

I'm wearing the exact same mask with a hood that Darth Malgus wears in all of the trailers....I don't have his armor, but I have his respirator mask on with a hood over it. Just like my avatar.

Edited by Vember

My Avatar is the living Symbol of what shouldof happened.

There are many Helmets that should of worked. AND it hinders the 2 most iconic characters in the game.

Last Boss of the Foundry.

And the Bad guy at the end of Act 2 Jedi Knight(yeah if u know what I mean you will deff understand)

It hurts the Sith Warrior PvP helmets

Lord Kalig's helmet thingy for Sith Inquisitor's

Marauder Elite Mask and more. ._.