Masks + Hoods

DarthVindictus

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*may contain a small spoiler

I played in the beta build in which almost every robe/cloak had its hood up. I LOVED the look of these robe/hoods especially when coupled with mask/helmets, it gave my sith warrior that awesome shady/mysterious characteristic. And what really drove me over the edge whas when (*small spoiler*) Revan's model came out in the actual game his hood was down and took away from his iconic hood appearance.

Now I can see and for many pples own reasons for not wanting certain hood/mask combinations, so here is an idea that would please everyone.

For chest peices with hoods, have a little check box on the gear icon when its equipped that when checked shows the hood up, and when unchecked shows it down. Now the same thing can be done for the head slot item even though it alrdy has an option in "preferences". Im sure I speak for alot of pple who love hoods and those who don't. And playing on an RP server, the way my character looks is very important to me as much as it is to everyone elses. Please post feedback.

Not only do they have issues with mask+hood combos but they also disable hair when a hood is worn. Its really irritating to make my character look bald under the hood. I sent a help ticket in for this and they replied with a seemingly canned statement that states they were looking into it.

Not only do they have issues with mask+hood combos but they also disable hair when a hood is worn. Its really irritating to make my character look bald under the hood. I sent a help ticket in for this and they replied with a seemingly canned statement that states they were looking into it.

Also when you wear hats they make you bald. Its most unsettling to see a bunch of bald Imperial females.

One of the reasons i even started playing this game was that i could look awesome while killing stuff. ive leveled to 25 now and was starting to wonder when i was going to get a headitem that goes under the hood.and googeled it. Now that i found out that you removed the hoods when wearing headitems simply kills EVERY lust i ever had to play this game...

GIVE US BACK HEADITEMS UNDER HOODS!!!!!

im prolly not going to play this **** for long when i cant have one of the major reasons i started playing. if you are going to remove things like that u better remove ALL the screenshots of characters wich have this feature. beacouse they all lie, its false commercials!

Ive played mostly every mmorpg there is and seriously bored of them all, becouse they are all the same. i need the extra tiny cool details to keep me going and u killed one of the only things i wanted from this game.

So I'm posting here as my first and probably only post. :-P And its only because I care so much.

I am thinking that BW probably favors Republic, since they listened to their problems when I am pretty sure EVERY SINGLE SITH VARIANT PLAYER would have preferred the mask+hood feature stayed and live with the clipping issue. I am almost 100% sure they are ignoring say...more than a third of the people playing. (Come on guys everyone has a Sith char that they want to look awesome.) I for one am pretty much only playing this game and bought it so I could have a Sith Assassin with a mask. (Trailer!!!!)

Please put this feature back or I WILL leave. XD. j/k.

Still an awesome game but it broke part of my experience with it. Oh, and shameless bump.

Edited by lynnperformance

Cmon Bioware please see this thread and comment on it as soon as possible hoods were such an important part of my character that to me and alot of pple is a huge turn off that they were removed and cannot be coupled with masks. For cryin out loud my forum avatar is my favorite gear in game and it just looks silly without the hood. Edited by DarthPhenex

I also agree, my sorc just got 'the' fancy mask (you know which one) and I have to hide it to keep my hood up and not look goofy. I will live with minor clipping, heck, I can run through other players, a little clipping on the head can't be worse than the clipping I get from my shoulders.

I'd like armor with MORE hoods to be honest. The level 50 pvp heavy armor for instance. It looks the same as the medium armor sans the hood. Me gusta hoods. No me gusta no hoods.

And for all we know there could've been some clipping error so they disabled it until they fix it

The clipping issue with characters is kind of a big deal for me. Not a game breaker, but it can be massively disappointing. I thought there would be masks with the hoods, even for the Jedi. Seems to make sense. But even now, I don't know if it would matter for me, because I rolled a miraluka, and they apparently are just going to let everything on a miraluka clip.

I do really want them to address this issue formally, and at least give us an indication that they are officially looking at it.

Until that time, I'll just roam around without a head piece.