Let's talk about the National Epidemic

Xeraz

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a big nerf coming for OP(erative) healers after the initial arena opening. Bioware has already mentioned OP healers are little too good right now and once they start being the dominant arena healing class they will get (deservedly) nerfed.

There is a big nerf coming for OP(erative) healers after the initial arena opening. Bioware has already mentioned OP healers are little too good right now and once they start being the dominant arena healing class they will get (deservedly) nerfed.

As long as I don't have to level a bounty hunter it's all good :p

you've got to be kidding. OP healers have been the dominant healers for regular wzs for awhile now. And in ranked they are downright mandatory. And yet the developers have down nothing. and all that dev said was that op healers couldnt be given any new survivability skills that may be coming for concealment, as op healers are 'on the high end of survivability'. Nothing about tweaking their energy managment, or their infinite TA generation, or the fact that they can spam instant heals under 30% without ever running out of TA. They are the only class with every defensive cd (vanish, shield, roll, dodge, 8-sec aoe mez, ooc sleep, etc). Mind as well let them heal while in stealth, ts the only thing they are missing other than rebuke from the sents.. and yes, i've playing healing op (after they killed conceal). I rarely die, and only under 3+ dps focus, but even then if my team is peeling, i'll rarely die..

But i digress, i just wish there was another game coming out, something new to get me away from this foolishness.

Look not everyone is an operative healer, not even all operatives are healers ( I do see some using cull so that's how I know), point is while people have been complaining a lot about them instead of adapting to them ( seriously hate people wanting to take everyone down so we can all be bad together!) point is complaining about people playing a class, especially those who are subs like me who like playing different chars of different classes makes me think about

Look not everyone is an operative healer, not even all operatives are healers ( I do see some using cull so that's how I know), point is while people have been complaining a lot about them instead of adapting to them ( seriously hate people wanting to take everyone down so we can all be bad together!) point is complaining about people playing a class, especially those who are subs like me who like playing different chars of different classes makes me think about

while you may have a valid point in regard to other QQ balance threads, your statement has zero validity in this case. here's why:

healing (together with mitigation) is already very strong (many would argue too strong). thus, you cannot simply buff the other two classes to bring them up to the operative's level. do you understand this? I realize that when there's one healer (arenas), it won't matter. but there are still these things called WZ's, and they will continue to be the most played version of organized pvp (being that they are mandatory in the reg Q).

buff the other heal classes (moderately). meet at some middle ground. for sorc's, if you buff their defenses, you are going to need to nerf their output, because if sorcs didn't die at such a high rate, I daresay they'd heal better than ops do now. nerf ops (probably just their resource management). buff mercs (again, just resource management).

TL; DR: buffing weaker healing classes would necessitate buffing pretty much EVERY dps class. so no. nerf op healing (moderately). buff mercs (moderately). trade max output for more survivability on sorc heals.

Edited by foxmob

But i digress, i just wish there was another game coming out, something new to get me away from this foolishness.

If you like sandboxes, EQN/EQL look extremely promising, with a history of success to back up their vision:

https://www.everquestnext.com/

On topic: nerf healing ops. And honestly, healing in general in pvp. I sometimes play my smug healer when i feel like something different, but then i remember there is no fun when there is no real challenge