CZ-198 unplayable after today's patch

Caratuvis

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm well that makes sense now. on korriban i was seeing the 'screen shake' at Op headquaters... did not make sense until i was at the dummies and realized the "bombs" in the square were shaking the entire planet ..

add on to that it now seems the client is much MUCH worse with ability lag and ability 'loss' while still having the gcd trigger.

" " close to quitting.

Thank you for posting! Please continue to provide details around what you're seeing for performance or other related issues in CZ-198 after 2.3.3. We are currently investigating.

:ph_cheers:

It's pretty clear that the issue is linked to the sewer instance on the map. At just about any area once you go past the initial elevator to the warehouse section you will not only see the camera shake from something very large but hear the noises of the sewer beast being fought. If you get anywhere near the instance, you will see other players fighting the monsters inside the sewers along with combat log data 'soandso killed mutated beast' etc.

This of course should not be happening because the whole point of the instance is to separate what is going down there so that it won't cause us all to lag!

Edited by Zintiel

Just logged onto one of my Imperial characters who was parked downstairs by the cargo hold and I'm seeing the screen shake effect from whatever that Sage skill is (something I've always hated anyway) and my FPS can't even get to 20 (it's sticking more between 10-17). I guess I'll be skipping CZ until this is fixed, bothers my eyes too much.

Throughout CZ-198, it's as if there is a constant "Force Quake" effect, or some sort of planetary bombardment going on. FPS hover between 15-20 the whole time on planet. The FP instances aren't nearly as bad, but are still affected.

CPU - Intel i5 2500k

GPU - NVidia GeForce GTX 560Ti Single card w/latest drivers

RAM - 8 GB

Yadda yadda.

It's terrible.

Server lag seems fine, and often even dives under the regular - average - value for me, which is around 45ms.

But the Frame rate is around 10 to 15 fps, and often even below 10 fps.

I posted a message on Facebook too, but it doesn't seem to have been picked up. There's no response, there, neither via Twitter, nor via the 'Dev Tracker'

I'm also experiencing horrible framerates in CZ-198. I had 100-110 FPS in CZ-198 before today's patch with maximum settings and after it it's 10-25FPS - unplayable! Other areas seem to suffer as well, although I'm loosing only between 5-20 FPS on average there, which isn't bad from 100-110FPS.

My PC is pretty high-end, too.

System specs (all the latest drivers, BIOS, Firmware, etc. - nothing changed hardware or software wise except TOR since the last patch):

Glzmo's Desktop:

Case

80 PLUS® Gold Certified Fully-Modular 1200 Watt Power Supply

with four Corsair Fans in Push/Pull configuration

Mainboard

@ 4.5GHz

32GB DDR3-1600 Quad Channel RAM (4x8GB
)

2x
PCI-Express 3.0 Video Card SLi (GeForce 326.98 Beta drivers)

27" Full-HD LED Monitor @ 1920x1080 @ 60Hz

Creative
16MB X-RAM onboard

5.1 Surround Speakers

onboard Gaming NIC

1x 120GB
SATAII Solid State Disk

1x 512GB
SATAIII Solid State Disk

1x 2TB
SATAIII HDD

1x 2TB
SATAIII HDD

SATA BlueRay Writer

USB Joystick

USB Joystick

4x

2x
&

1080p

Ultimate 64 bit (Service Pack 1, Windows Performance Index: 7.9)

The performance hit, while definitely there and noticeable on AMD Radeon cards, doesn't appear to be nearly as bad as on Nvidia GeForce cards. On my Alienware M17x Laptop, I'm now getting 33-45 FPS in CZ-198 after this patch with maximum settings (down from 70-90 FPS), which is still halfway playable, yet bad.

System specs (all the latest drivers, BIOS, Firmware, etc. - nothing changed hardware or software wise except TOR since the last patch)::

Glzmo's Laptop:

3840QM @ 4 GHz

(4x8GB / 2x KHX16S9P1K2/16)

2x
(Catalyst 13.10 Beta Mobility drivers)

18.4" WideFHD (1920 x 1080) WLED LCD

WLAN card

Creative Sound Blaster Recon3Di High-Definition 5.1 Audio with THX TruStudio Pro Software

Audio Powered by Klipsch® Speakers

1x 120GB
SATAII Solid State Disk

2x 500GB
7200RPM SATA III HDD

DVD-RW + BluRay Drive

Notebook cooler

USB Joystick

Ultimate 64 bit (Service Pack 1, Windows Performance Index: 7.9)

This patch needs an immediate performance hotfix (imemdiately!)!
Edited by Glzmo

Wow..

Nvidea GTX 295 2g.

16G Ram.

Core i7 4.1 Ghz

complete lag fest. Frame staggering, Particle affects, screen skipping.

This needs an immediate hotfix. yesterday.

PS: appears to run 'slightly' better under full screen mode then windowed.

Edited by Sala

Phew, I'm relieved to know that it's not just me who had a drastic drop in framerates az CZ-198. My computer is top-of-the-line, I used to get 70-80 FPS in CZ-198 but now I'm only getting like 15-20. Just about every other area in the game is fine, I'm getting 70-80 FPS in 16man operations, so the problem must be exclusive to CZ-198.

Also, for some reason I keep hearing someone far away using Forcequake and my screen keeps shaking, even though there are no Sages nearby. Why are we seeing Forcequakes being used on a completely different level?

Sometimes I get damage numbers just out of nowhere when I'm out of combat, even though they obviously don't belong to me.

What the hell did you break again Bioware?

Same problems here...

I have:

i7 2600 @ 3.4 Ghz

8 Gb DDR3 RAM

Sata3 SSD

GTX 660Ti

Etc, etc...

Yesterday I ran Czerka dailies with no problems, all graphics maxed out (including shadows) at over 70 FPS, but today, after patch, I can't go further than 15 ~ 20 FPS.

Yup it seems to be everyone :) I lasted about 5 minutes there, I couldn't even run in a straight line because of Force Quakes going off. Couldn't see where the Sage was :confused: I gave up and went back to my Ship and logged off.

i7 980 EE

24 GB g.skill 1600

240 Intel SSD

GTX 680 graphics

Never have frame rate problems, except today on CZ-198 only

I'll try again later to see if it's calmed down,,, *crosses fingers* :(

Well, for me it's pretty much the same thing, CZ is unplayable.

But, just by pure curiosity i checked The Black Hole, and the frame rate was around 23 to 26 and feel kinda choppy - usually 80+.

I also checked my low lvl sniper on Balmora to see if it affected, and unfortunately almost the same thing as CZ, 20 fps.

This performance drop is not only in the CZ area for me. Game wide massive FPS hit and the only thing that has changed is I had to install the patch, game was running sweet before.

I have the same. CZ is unplayable but also the rest of the game is showing serious FPS drop, its not like its a huge problem if the fleet is like 50-60 fps but before I was running 70-90. Something has been done to my whole game to make it drop so seriously after 1 patch!

I have a GTX 770 so this is quite strange!

Edited by jayperringo

Graphics settings between low and very high have no impact on this.

What I am noticing on CZ-198 compared to other environments, is that on CZ-198 the game is pulling between 150-300kbps from the server on CZ-198, compared to 8-20kbps on Fleet or Makeb. No idea why CZ-198 needs 10-20x more data from the server than the fleet, but it might be a good place to start looking.

I run SWTOR on mostly low/medium settings (due to an aged g-card) however the game typically uses 2 of my 4 cores and will sometimes proc the third core but not often and I'm usually at 50 fps just about everywhere in the game. After patch 2.3.3, all 4 cores have been going at no less than 50% and were all capping out in CZ-198 while only getting 1-2 fps. I have not changed a single setting in months and had no background programs running, not ever a browser or TS/Vent client up.

Graphics settings between low and very high have no impact on this.

What I am noticing on CZ-198 compared to other environments, is that on CZ-198 the game is pulling between 150-300kbps from the server on CZ-198, compared to 8-20kbps on Fleet or Makeb. No idea why CZ-198 needs 10-20x more data from the server than the fleet, but it might be a good place to start looking.

I think this information backs up what several posters have suggested, that player events in the zone are being broadcast to everyone else in the zone, regardless of distance or indeed instance. So whereas the client would normally only need to receive data for nearby events, all data from the zone is currently being broadcast, hence the horrible lag

Edited by Cernow