Getting the JA-3 Subversive speeder

mcrmorgan

"CURRENT PLAYERS

Build your legacy!

Become an active Subscriber on October 20 and receive:

JA-3 Subversive Battle Droid Mini-Pet

JA-3 Subversive Speeder

NEW SUBSCRIBER REWARD: Receive the first Digital Expansion: Rise of the Hutt Cartel free of charge* and continue your adventure to Level 55 when you rejoin as a Subscriber!"

Just to clarify, will I get the speeder if I am already a subscriber, or would I need to unsubscribe and re-sub in order to receive these items? The latter seems like a silly idea (for lack of a better description).

P.S. http://www.swtor.com/join-the-battle-rewards?intcmp=sor_bwa-mkt-t-us-hp-083 is the source of this information for anyone else looking.

Edited by mcrmorgan
Added the source

From the Read More link in the stickied post: Join the Battle Now and Get Rewarded!

Beginning September 12, 2013 through October 20, 2013, you can get your own JA-3 Subversive Battle Droid Mini-Pet and a JA-3 Subversive Speeder as you embark on or continue your epic Star Wars™ adventure! Here’s what you need to do by October 20, 2013 to receive your rewards:

New Players: Create an account and play free now!

Previous Subscribers: Reactivate your subscription and also receive 500 Bonus Cartel Coins just for reactivating.

Current Players: Remain or become an active Subscriber.

If you are already a subscriber then do nothing.

I personally just resubbed yesterday, I got the cartel points, and the pet thing, yet I didden't recieve any speeder at all (and I have been absent from the game for a very long time) - so that really sucks - not sure wether its a bug that I diddent get it, or if its just me who's misunderstood something.

The way it's set up is you get the speeder and the droid if you subbed between now and october 20th, but only if on october 20th your subscription is still active. So if you were hoping to sub for one month and unsub, you're out of luck. You should've waited at least another week, then. It's all there. Hidden in a massive brick of fine print.

Not a very endearing tactic, but whatever...

It's all there. Hidden in a massive brick of fine print.

Indeed. For some Fine Print is the Epic Boss that cannot be slain, and will never be nerfed. :)

Fine print makes commerce work. It exists because lawmakers believe you need it and want it.

Edited by Andryah

Indeed. For some Fine Print is the Epic Boss that cannot be slain, and will never be nerfed. :)

Fine print makes commerce work. It exists because lawmakers believe you need it and want it.

Fine print was created so that corporations have an interstate of highways to bypass customer expectations.

Edited by gorstram

Fine print was created so that corporations have an interstate of highways to bypass customer expectations.

Actually, they are to inoculate corporations from frivolous litigation. They are the free market approach to the goals of tort reform.

Customer expectations is a never ending game of WANT vs CAN'T HAVE.

Edited by Andryah

Actually, they are to inoculate corporations from frivolous litigation. They are the free market approach to the goals of tort reform.

Customer expectations is a never ending game of WANT vs CAN'T HAVE.

AND they're a way for companies to get out of their promotions:

"Sorry Ms. Smith, you had the right balances in your accounts for the past six months, but you didn't sign up for auto bill pay, so you don't get a toaster. Thanks for being a VALUED customer."

Ehh, just let me get this straight. I resubbed yesterday after about a 5 month break or so. So what your saying, is that as long as my sub is active on or till October 20th, I get the pet and the mount? I didn't get a damn thing yet and was just about to send a ticket in about it. I'm confused how this works (and I imagine others might be as well). Kinna lame if you have to wait until Oct. 20 to reap the reward.

Edit: In the source linked by the OP, it says "BY October 20th". If this is the case, why aren't we seeing the rewards in the mailbox?

Edit 2: After reading Sambril's post a little more clearly, I think I got it. We get to wait. -.-

Edited by Thellorms

• 1 month later...

just got mine.

for some reason cant use/equip/have it in speeder list..

but i have it!

its an item in my backpack and when i right click it or do anything with it, it says does not have skill..

my other speeders have no issue. just this one.

do i have to wait for a specific time for it to unlock and use?

Just logged into my account and also found the rewards but just like the previous poster I can't use the speeder. The reason I'm being given is that I lack the skill. Seems like the same problem that one of the recent cartel pack Rarks (or maybe some other type) had.

Yes the speeder is bugged, only seems to work on level 55s.

My level 50s/48s/46s can't use.

ah ok :)

then in storage it goes till fixed :) just glad it wasnt something i was doing wrong :p

i can let it go and continue to play again :p

That's odd. My 41+'s can use it fine. They have speeder piloting 3. If it requires that it should have text to reflect that. All my *free* speeders said is must be lvl 10 to use this. Maybe they will fix soon.

I signed up, I believe on 9/13/2013 & have been waiting patiently for my speeder & pet. It's now 10/29 (almost 10/30) and I haven't gotten anything yet. Will this come via email or in-game mail? If in-game mail, what character?

Has this bug been fixed that says only level 55's can ride the speeder?

What gives?

Thanks!

I signed up, I believe on 9/13/2013 & have been waiting patiently for my speeder & pet. It's now 10/29 (almost 10/30) and I haven't gotten anything yet. Will this come via email or in-game mail? If in-game mail, what character?

Has this bug been fixed that says only level 55's can ride the speeder?

What gives?

Thanks!

It will be in-game mail to every character, but not everyone has gotten it yet.

The bug is not for lvl 55s, it is for speeder piloting lvl 3 and no, not fixed yet.

BW's answer from a similar thread:
We have isolated the issue. Currently the mount requires Speeder Piloting 3 to use, which was not intended. You should be able to use the mount with only Speeder Piloting 1.

We will work to have a fix for this in our next Update! We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience until the bug is fixed.

-eric

Cheers! :D Edited by GalacticKegger

• 1 month later...

So has this speeder been removed from the game or something?

Is there any way to get it anymore?

I've not been a subscriber since a few months after the release of Rise of the Hutt Cartel, simply because there hasn't been enough content in the game, but now that I'm back and playing I've seen a few people using this speeder and ever since the launch of the game I've always thought it would be awesome if they made the taxi service speeders into personal speeders, which this now kind of is.

Anyone have any insight?

Afraid you missed it. But don't worry, the exact same model is available as a GSI seeker droid reward (just get the parts on the gtn, it's called the Explorer) or the Hyroti from a recent Cartel Pack has the same model as well.

Plus, I've heard rumors that the Hutt Cartel were behind the 'free' distribution of these things and have actually put a tracking device in each and every one to spy on both the Imperials and the Republic....I'd be careful! ;)