Top 3 Questions From Mercenary Community to Developers - Odawgg

odawgg

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah we knew almost a week ago, when they announced they were discontinuing the class rep system for the time being, that we wouldn't be seeing any balance changes in 2.4. They've said we will see them in 2.5, after which they'll start up the class rep system again

C'mon, you don't really believe this do you? Ever since 1.3, the devs have always used the "it will be in the next patch" excuse. Seriously, with 2.5 we will be literally a full YEAR since 2.0 and almost none of the class imbalance issues introduced with the expansion will have been addressed. Mark my words, 2.5 will come and go and no class rebalancing will happen. Because the devs have a fundamentally different view about which classes are OP and UP compared to the player base, the changes the devs make predominately invoke the ire of the player base. So the devs have simply opted to not make changes. Similarly the class rep system is kaputt because the devs don't want to risk a repeat of the sh*tstorm that happened with the Vanguard/PT questions.

I never said I wouldn't take power barrels.... I don't know where you guys are getting this from.

When you said that not using Power Shot would save you skill points that you'd otherwise have to use to reduce its cast time, I gave you the benefit of the doubt and asked if you were referring to Power Barrels, since it reduces the cost of Power Shot and there is no talent like the one you mentioned. The alternative interpretation is that you haven't paid attention since before 2.0 went live, because that was the last time that any of the skill trees had a skill reducing the cast time of Power Shot.

Seriously, with 2.5 we will be literally a full YEAR since 2.0

A full year? You really think it will take them until spring to release 2.5? (2.0 was April 9th 2013.)

Edited by venomlash

C'mon, you don't really believe this do you? Ever since 1.3, the devs have always used the "it will be in the next patch" excuse. Seriously, with 2.5 we will be literally a full YEAR since 2.0 and almost none of the class imbalance issues introduced with the expansion will have been addressed. Mark my words, 2.5 will come and go and no class rebalancing will happen. Because the devs have a fundamentally different view about which classes are OP and UP compared to the player base, the changes the devs make predominately invoke the ire of the player base. So the devs have simply opted to not make changes. Similarly the class rep system is kaputt because the devs don't want to risk a repeat of the sh*tstorm that happened with the Vanguard/PT questions.

I absolutely believed them when they said there would be no class balance issues in 2.4, but we knew that a week ago, so I don't consider that particularly telling. They HAVE said there will be class changes in 2.5, and what, if any, class changes there are absolutely WILL be very telling, and if they completely go back on that, it will also be very telling though you're correct in that it won't be all that surprising.

I give them the benefit of the doubt in anticipation of castigating them endlessly if they can't hold to their word when they finally get nailed down enough to give it.

Hey folks!

Just a quick update on the answers for Shadow and Mercenary. The Combat Team is hard at work on the changes coming for 2.5 so your answers will be coming a bit later this week. Courtney will be the one posting your top 3. I will be out of town for a couple of days so you wont see my name lightin' up the devtracker. Play nice while I'm gone. :rak_03:

Thanks!

-eric

Not sure how cynical I should be about this...

Edited by SpaniardInfinity

I think 2.5 will come around late November early December if they stick to their 8-week deadlines. It should definitely be in 2013 though.

If they aren't out tomorrow, I'm calling Heal to Full part 2.

I tend to agree. They delayed the second set of questions, fine that makes a bit of sense. They don't want to publish answers on Fridays, ok I guess I see the logic. Where is the difficulty in answering 3 questions? The Juggernaut answers had 507 words. How long does it take to type 500~ words?

well, see you next week (told you so)

Hey everyone,

Unfortunately I am the bearer of bad news today. It looks like the Combat Team will need some more time to finish your questions, so we will be posting these next week. While it may seem like a quick and easy thing to answer these questions, the team wants to make sure you receive thorough answers, which does take time. I understand this is not ideal, but we appreciate your patience and apologize for the delay!

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=6787259&postcount=256

Edited by AMightyKnight

I have been a huge proponent of giving the devs the benefit of the doubt. You know what happens if I miss a deadline at work? I get **** on by the people who pay me it doesn't matter what the excuse is. This is crap. This is just laziness. More importantly, this is why Wildstars tag line "The devs are listening." is so damn appealing because clearly these ones aren't. They're "hard at work"? I call crap. More like they're hard at work to get done. They don't care about the game, about the players. They care about their paycheck. There was a time I would have said they should prove me wrong but we are far past that. We are talking about 1000 words. It takes three weeks to write 1000 words? No. It takes 10 minutes. They've been handed all the evidence, they just don't care. Pathetic.

I have been a huge proponent of giving the devs the benefit of the doubt. You know what happens if I miss a deadline at work? I get **** on by the people who pay me it doesn't matter what the excuse is. This is crap. This is just laziness. More importantly, this is why Wildstars tag line "The devs are listening." is so damn appealing because clearly these ones aren't. They're "hard at work"? I call crap. More like they're hard at work to get done. They don't care about the game, about the players. They care about their paycheck. There was a time I would have said they should prove me wrong but we are far past that. We are talking about 1000 words. It takes three weeks to write 1000 words? No. It takes 10 minutes. They've been handed all the evidence, they just don't care. Pathetic.

If I wanted to get players into my game I'd say anything too.

And I'm sure if I went to Wildstar I'd be happy with the new shiny game. Because it's a shiny new experience.

Then I'd go back into the same state I have here, knowing a great deal about the game and knowing its flaws and waiting in a bored way for the next update.

Between being bored I would likely spend time being frustrated about balance issues, the lemming rush of players towards the best classes and the developers slow and suspect attempts to equalise classes.

Edited by Gyronamics

You know it's bad when they've pushed Kenn over the cynical edge LOL.

I'm not necessarily as upset as you but only because I was half expecting this as soon as Eric announced the delay earlier in the week.

Besides if you don't laugh you cry.