"Join the Battle" trailer

RixoFutu

This was one of the most underwhelming commercials I've ever seen. I have absolutely no idea who at the Advertising Agency or at EA/Bioware thought this was any good.

Bioware would have been better off producing a cinematic. Do you remember when they released the opening cinematics to promote the game in 2011? That s.h.i.t was AMAZING and MADE you want to play the game. This live action trailer is just... horrible...

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a fan of live action trailers for games, they don't give any indication of the quality of the game or the visual feel. SWTOR has crisp game art, I think they had plenty to work with if they wanted to create a truly epic 3D advertisement.

For a live action one it's an ok trailer, some of the scenes were good.

I thought it was pretty weak myself.

Want to know how far this game has fallen?

Re-watch the Hope and Deceived trailers again. Remember, 3-4 years ago, what you thought the game would be like.

Then log in.

Compare. Be saddened. Drink beer (or wine)

The game itself didn't fall, just your expectations. :p

Perhaps. Wonder if I'm alone in this.

Nah, there's plenty of people who had ridiculously high expectations for the game that were bitterly disappointed. But there's also a lot of people who weren't.

In the end, what matters is whether you're having fun now. If you're not, then it's ok, I'm sure you'll find a game you enjoy more and you can leave your swtor pain behind.

I actually really enjoyed that trailer, very cool and rather epic in its presentation. It is certainly the best live-action game trailer I have ever seen. They usually always feel rather odd, but this one worked I think.

Bioware would have been better off producing a cinematic. Do you remember when they released the opening cinematics to promote the game in 2011? That s.h.i.t was AMAZING and MADE you want to play the game. This live action trailer is just... horrible...

The cinematics were amazing and far better sure, but from what I understand they were also incredibly expensive to create. I very much doubt we will see another one for a while yet unfortunately . . .

The cinematics were amazing and far better sure, but from what I understand they were also incredibly expensive to create. I very much doubt we will see another one for a while yet unfortunately . . .

This ad would have cost them just as much as a cinematic/animation of the same time length, if not more.

I thought it was pretty weak myself.

Want to know how far this game has fallen?

Re-watch the Hope and Deceived trailers again. Remember, 3-4 years ago, what you thought the game would be like.

Then log in.

Compare. Be saddened. Drink beer (or wine)

So did you think that was gameplay footage or something? :confused:

Has anyone else noticed that this cosplay trailer just happens to completely misrepresent the game, given that PvP will soon consist mostly of 4v4 warzones? There are no massive battles like the one depicted going on anywhere in the game, and there probably won't ever be.

have you been to ilum durring Gree event.

I had PVP battle there with over 30 Reps vs over 30 Sith there lasting over 2 hours - both groups tried to kill Garvuk and ti turned into massive PVP battle.

have you been to ilum durring Gree event.

I had PVP battle there with over 30 Reps vs over 30 Sith there lasting over 2 hours - both groups tried to kill Garvuk and ti turned into massive PVP battle.

Not sure about the player you're replying to, but I can say Jedi Covenant has only been maybe 10 max in a spot at a time and maybe then, there would be just a line formed with the semi-occasional grief guild group.

So did you think that was gameplay footage or something? :confused:

Not the footage itself. What was IN the footage. How you felt how each class was going to be 'so awesome'. How you thought gameplay would be so balanced and fun, etc etc. How Bioware was going to actually 'do it right' because they had such a stellar track record...

Force-pushing a Buick in the tunnel really ruins the Star Wars feel to it. It was so-so. A crowd of people with lightsabers is cool, but they were all the same color and the crowd was too dense; I know it was to parody the cinematic from launch but I wasn't feelin' it.

is every one of these crapy live action trailers made by the same people and same director?

every single one is the same thing, people running around on the streets, glimpses of weapons and powers then ends with big mass of people and has nothing to do with the game lol

Yeah, you guys don't get it, lol. It's not supposed to be some planet in the SW universe or parody the trailer from launch or simulate gameplay. It's supposed to represent a bunch of people like us pretending to be Jedi and Sith, playing with our friends and the feeling of getting immersed into that. It's a video representation of the feeling of playing the game....not the actual physical game mechanics.

Truth be told, I haven't seen many Live Action trailers for games that I liked. This one was good, I was a bit thrown off by the fact it looks more like Star Gang Wars, what with the setting, and hooded people dashing through alleyways, but it was still pretty good.

This (the Star Wars Gang) is a great idea. I'm going to invite all the kids in my neighborhood to join one. We will use the Force, instead of bricks, to smash in peoples' windows!

I think it's at least a year old. I believe this was first shown at some Euro convention, first half of 2012. I think it was a game developers convention. Someone from BW or EA was there.I remember people online commenting that it was very similar to a LOTR game trailer.

I remember seeing it before, but... It's still a pretty cool trailer.

Reminds to some extent of the battles here on the boards. Lol!

Nah, there's plenty of people who had ridiculously high expectations for the game that were bitterly disappointed. But there's also a lot of people who weren't.

In the end, what matters is whether you're having fun now. If you're not, then it's ok, I'm sure you'll find a game you enjoy more and you can leave your swtor pain behind.

Agreed - because what I did, among other things, was go into the hype and press surrounding the game with a suspicious eye and actually looked at what BW was trying to accomplish with the game and to realize what would actually be feasible in the game. I went in with a concept that seems lost on many gamers - managing my own expectations and understanding that hype and PR are just that.

As such the game met my expectations precisely, and now in fact have surpassed my original expectations because I am still playing and thoroughly enjoying the game.

Sorry to say but i found it amateurish and stupid. You can see lots of money was put into it but it did not pull off the wow factor, for me, that i think they wanted to achieve. Only the one dude who looked like a Sith Lord or such actually looked the part.

They should have made it in CGI rather.

Edited by Zandoezan