oh. ( free rothc for subs )

Tachenko_Yuri

well, wrapping up my tatooine arc with my juggernaut, decide to give it a rest.

This shows up on my facebook homepage.

Rise of the Hutt Cartel – Free to Subscribers Starting September 12th!

http://www.swtor.com

Subscribers will receive the first Digital Expansion: Rise of the Hutt Cartel free of charge as a new Subscriber benefit beginning September 12th!

That can't possibly be right, page must've got hacked or something.

Come on here. it is true after all.

Truly unsure what to make of it.

Why such a move has taken place?

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I find even more disturbing is that unless I'm reading it wrong, it looks like players who already own it get a title. Players who don't already own it but get on and buy it before the 12 of Sept get the title AND get a bonus 1050 Cartel Coins.

I don't think I have forum-worthy words for that... but if I did, I don't think they'd be complimentary.

Yes. I would like to know, however, if all those of us Subscribers who actually had to pay for the thing will get our money back...

Don't bother answering, I already know the answer. Cartel coins... Riiiiiiiiiight.

I bought two pairs of pants at the store last week and this week they have a sale of buy one get one free pants, I should go to the store and demand my money back right?

What I find even more disturbing is that unless I'm reading it wrong, it looks like players who already own it get a title. Players who don't already own it but get on and buy it before the 12 of Sept get the title AND get a bonus 1050 Cartel Coins.

I don't think I have forum-worthy words for that... but if I did, I don't think they'd be complimentary.

The only thing extra they are getting is a day or two early of ROTHC before it goes free for all, and the title. 1050 is the normal amount of coins for $9.99. Basically they're back-refunding those who only had it a month before it going free, most likely in hopes of quelling complaints of "I just bought it and you're making it free?!". Now, instead they get complaints of "they get coins and I don't! I should get it too despite me having months more of access to content they have only just bought".

Why such a move has taken place?

Marketing. No more, no less.

It also hints that there must be a new expac coming sometime in the next 6 months... because an MMO always has another one coming before they start discounting or giving the old one away. I'm surprised we have not seen any hints yet.... unless SSSP is the hint of what is coming.

Edited by Andryah

It also hints that there must be a new expac coming sometime in the next 6 months... because an MMO always has another one coming before they start discounting or giving the old one away. I'm surprised we have not seen any hints yet.... unless SSSP is the hint of what is coming.

My guess is the space update, plus some other stuff.

I bought two pairs of pants at the store last week and this week they have a sale of buy one get one free pants, I should go to the store and demand my money back right?

I know you're just being a smart guy but... actually, yes you should.

Almost every major retailer has "price protection" that allows you to receive the difference back when something you bought within a set period (usually 2-4 weeks) goes on sale for less. They don't advertise it but most have this policy.

Almost every major retailer has "price protection" that allows you to receive the difference back when something you bought within a set period (usually 2-4 weeks) goes on sale for less. They don't advertise it but most have this policy.

Kind of like giving back cartel coins to those who bought it in the past 4 weeks? :cool:

who's talking about pants here? this forum is for a video game you're playing. did you forget meds?

I normally don't whine about "EAware," but this pisses me off.

So if you have been a continuous "supporter" of the game, and paid for the expansion 6 months ago you get a lousy little title BUT if you had waited you get not only the title, but free cartel coins BUT THE WHOLE EXPANSION FOR FREE!?!?! (no really, please don't make an effort to compensate those of us who have stuck by your product through thick and thin.)

So the mentality is this....let's treat the people we are trying to lure back, or new customers better than the ones who have been loyal and faithful to the company and product. Sadly, this is nothing new, I recently had it out with a certain satellite dish provider and their "NFL package" over an issue like this. At least in the end they made good, since I have been with them for 8 years. I received the said package for free and then some. I hope Bioware/EA can make this right for us who have been here threw hell and high water with them....but I won't hold my breath.

I get it, a company and needs to make profit. Great, but don't alienate the people who have stood beside you continuously since day one.

Edited by Ryeko

Nah, I'd say another xpac in the next 10 months. 6 months would be a tough schedule to keep.

I normally don't whine about "EAware," but this pisses me off.

So if you have been a continuous "supporter" of the game, and paid for the expansion 6 months ago you get a lousy little title BUT if you had waited you get not only the title, but free cartel coins BUT THE WHOLE EXPANSION FOR FREE!?!?! (no really, please don't make an effort to compensate those of us who have stuck by your product through thick and thin.)

So the mentality is this....let's treat the people we are trying to lure back, or new customers better than the ones who have been loyal and faithful to the company and product. Sadly, this is nothing new, I recently had it out with a certain satellite dish provider and their "NFL package" over an issue like this. At least in the end they made good, since I have been with them for 8 years. I received the said package for free and then some. I hope Bioware/EA can make this right for us who have been here threw hell and high water with them....but I won't hold my breath.

I get it, a company and needs to make profit. Great, but don't alienate the people who have stood beside you continuously since day one.

You don't get the coins and the free expac. The coins are only for people who bought in the last 4 weeks, as a sort of price protection.

Cheers for the common sense mate. :)

But anyway my point is very simple: Bioware announces an expansion and hints that subs will get it for free if I remember correctly. Then it turns out subs sill have to pay for it. Now we're getting it for free.

So yeah. This is proof that the people behind this game know where do they want to go. :p:cool: