Multiple Healers on both sides, Fun or Just plain boring

Monoth

I have many screen shots showing how boring it is when you have to many healers in a warzone, nobody dies and it ends up being nothing but a stale mate due to how OP healing gets when you have multiple healers...

One screen shot has 3 healers on one side and 2 healers on the other side, so 5 out of 16 people were healers and the whole match was a snooze fest because of this, each healer had over a million healing, there was only 3 deaths in the whole match...

Whatever happen to Bioware's stance that healing is just meant to extend life not allow a person to survive forever.. well thanks to Bioware designing healing around the dumbest players, experience players are impossible to kill...

Easy to kill a healer with focus fire. Nobody focus fire in a pug group though.

yes and no, if its just one healer by himself then yeah you can focus fire him down fairly easy, but if there's another healer helping him then it will take 3-4 people to focus fire down and if that healer has a tank guarding him then it will take 6-7 players to focus fire him down, this IMO is OP. Also any player with half a brain knows how to manage their force/energy/ammo levels so they can spam heal and never run out of juice.

I'm hoping Arenas will change some of this because normal Warzone PvP is becoming extremely boring.

Edited by Monoth

Really depends on how good the DPS are. The burst of some classes is so insane, that if they focus, use trauma, they can take out a healer despite cross-healing. If they do not focus, then they cant - it is a little unfair towards non-voice commed PUGs, as targeting is a bit harder, but thats what you have those symbols in a WZ for.

Let's talk about the real issue. ACs that have access to healing generally have less viable dps spec. As such, the game design is forcing those players to spec healing to be viable. Arena up-and-coming is only solidifying this.

I mean, imagine how many Sorcs/Operatives/Mercs would jump ship on healing if the dps trees were buffed?

(Btw, I'm directly comparing to the "pure classes" here. Marauder > Operative in the melee dps role and Sniper > Sorc/Merc in the ranged dps role)

Edited by Xeraz

Let's talk about the real issue. ACs that have access to healing generally have less viable dps spec. As such, the game design is forcing those players to spec healing to be viable. Arena up-and-coming is only solidifying this.

I mean, imagine how many Sorcs/Operatives/Mercs would jump ship on healing if the dps trees were buffed?

(Btw, I'm directly comparing to the "pure classes" here. Marauder > Operative in the melee dps role and Sniper > Sorc/Merc in the ranged dps role)

I am not so sure that sniper > other ranged... I have had a lot of success running double sorc or sorc/merc comps in arena. In fact, my merc/sorc comp sh*t all over a double sniper comp earlier this week.

that is 100% not true.

Oh I'm sorry. It's only fun if your one of the 4 healers having a good old LOL at not being able to die but really, there should be a little voice in the back of your head going .. "This is pretty ****ed up. Geez I wonder how **** it must be for the other team?"

its even worse in regs since no one wants to focus fire.

For the most part, a few good dps guys working together can get plenty of kills in regs. Relying on random strangers to focus fire is iffy, if i am solo i just pick a competent dps player and follow his targets. But i rarely queue alone.

Oh I'm sorry. It's only fun if your one of the 4 healers having a good old LOL at not being able to die but really, there should be a little voice in the back of your head going .. "This is pretty ****ed up. Geez I wonder how **** it must be for the other team?"

I mained a healer from launch, but since a month or two after 2.0 dropped have found myself speccing to dps/playing my dps classes to avoid this.

That being said, it isn't fun running in with no healers/one healing getting nearly globaled by the OP dps that this game has; people tend to ignore the fact that most dps classes can put enough burst to kill someone in 3-4 globals, and when multiple dps hit the same target you can literally make someone vanish in a single global.

When 2.0 went live there were a ton of matches where I was the only healer, but teams without healers would just get wrecked, and suddenly you started to see a lot of ex-dps respeccing heals/bringing out their shelfed healer because they were tired of finding themselves in matches with one/no healer and getting stomped.

Everyone complains about the stalemates, but if you suddenly removed/heavily nerfed healers I promise you would see a million QQ posts about how fast everyone dies (no one seems to remember what the pvp forums were like pre 2.0 when lolpyro/smash could literally roll through entire teams).

nope. if i'm one of the healers being cross healed, i think to myself that i'm glad i have a little bit of survivability in this pug instead of being attacked by 4 people at once against a premade while there are either no tanks on my team, or tanks that don't know how tanking works in pvp.