Presence of Huttball makes pvp unattractive.

Duco

I could write a long and deceptive article aimed not to offend but all i want to say is this:

Huttball sucks.

Swtor pvp is mediocre when its there, and you can't deselect it.

Fix: Make it possible to deselect up to 2 warzones when queuing random, because that game makes pvp look bad.

Edited by Duco

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, i am sure there are some out there who love it. It is but a mediocre game that is not well designed, albeit funny in its own way if you like it.

Still, it's not about fighting with your skills as much as it is about coordination within the group - which is why it's bad for random players and i would prefer not to play it when i queue for pvp.

If i wanted to play such a game i could probably find a friend with fifa, but i play to use my abilties and my character, which means every time i get huttball im forced to sit through a game mode that is kinda meh compared to proper pvp.

Just make it possible to deselect 1-2 warzones and everyone will be happy.

Huttball is honestly the greatest PvP Scenario Map created in an MMO to date.

This game would of been far better off if they had nothing but Huttball Maps, didn't try and trick people with Fake open world pvp.

People would of been far more forgiving.

I could write a long and deceptive article aimed not to offend but all want to say is this:

Huttball sucks.

Swtor pvp is mediocre when its there, and you can't deselect it.

Fix: Make it possible to deselect up to 2 warzones when queuing random, because that game makes pvp look bad.

Bad Troll is Bad. This is all a l2p issue, all the warzones are fun if played correctly, and don't blame teammates of your short comings. Make a premade and have fun, or stop crying.

Well it's good to see that you dear ones love to play fifa, meanwhile i prefer to play with my abilities.

Just that an organized team can score a goal within a couple of almost instant passings show how badly arranged this map is. If, by your reasoning, hutball fits best because other games have better regular pvp, then one should wonder why swtor is arranged like a regular game with gear, talents, spells, cc etc. In other words, it is a regular mmorpg, and not an actiongame. Not to mention that there are better games to play if you want to throw a ball around. Try unreal tournament, that was fun, this is not, plus there is no choice, it forces the player to play these atypical matches. No matter how stoic followers huttball has, it still is something entirely else and the game forces you to play them in order to play the regular game.

Also, nice try all you "l2p issues"-sayers, don't you ever get tired of the same old no brained answers, or well, i guess it's never too late to cliche it up :D

Bad Troll is Bad. This is all a l2p issue, all the warzones are fun if played correctly, and don't blame teammates of your short comings. Make a premade and have fun, or stop crying.

People like you, i wonder how many retarded answers can you write in one day. Is this guy a regular around here?

You have succeeded in making exactly zero useful points, and you speak on trolling. I bet you'll still talk if you see this answer, subconscious troll, not even aware of it yourself. Agent of the matrix bro, is what you are.

I think it's kind of silly not to realize the innovation that is Huttball. There's never been anything like it. If you know what you're doing, it's an absolute blast. I enjoy all the warzones, actually, with the glaring exception of Voidstar. Pugging voidstar isn't pleasant, even if you win, a lot of the time. People really seem to put on the deathmatch blinders in that one.

I can understand that Huttball is not the right ballgame for everyone (pun intended!). And yes, Huttball has a much different vibe than the other warzones have. I would have liked, if BioWare would have made more huttball like maps and gave them their own queue and league (I still hope they will do just that when they might bring 8v8 ranked one day back, just with huttball and nothing else).

Huttball is what make SWTOR instanced PvP unique, it is that map that kept plenty of PvP players around, so it has a place in the game, only BioWare don't get what a gem they have there and so far not using it right.

Well it's good to see that you dear ones love to play fifa, meanwhile i prefer to play with my abilities.

Just that an organized team can score a goal within a couple of almost instant passings show how badly arranged this map is. If, by your reasoning, hutball fits best because other games have better regular pvp, then one should wonder why swtor is arranged like a regular game with gear, talents, spells, cc etc. In other words, it is a regular mmorpg, and not an actiongame. Not to mention that there are better games to play if you want to throw a ball around. Try unreal tournament, that was fun, this is not, plus there is no choice, it forces the player to play these atypical matches. No matter how stoic followers huttball has, it still is something entirely else and the game forces you to play them in order to play the regular game.

Also, nice try all you "l2p issues"-sayers, don't you ever get tired of the same old no brained answers, or well, i guess it's never too late to cliche it up :D

so basically, you want to deeps with your abilities?

You almost seemed to imply that the spells, talents, cc, and gear didn't matter in huttball.

So I want you to play four matches; a team with no CC vs a team with CC, a team with bad gear vs a team with good gear, a team without talent points and a team with talent points, and lastly a team who doesn't use spells at all vs a team that does (And by spells I assumed you meant just all abilities in general).

You'll find the only match that was ever a contest was the one with bad gear vs good gear. All the other ones would be a complete and utter failure on the team that didn't use any abilities.

In fact, if you are not using CCs, talents, and abilities, then you are doing it wrong.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

How is passing a ball bad? Last time I checked, clicking on blue objectives and CTF doesn't require abilities, talents, gear, or CC. It's a simple click.

There is no actual difference between huttball and the other warzones. You might as well just whine about how much you want a deathmatch - don't worry they're coming in a couple of months.

First of all, Huttball is great. However, I think many people don't like it because they pug into a match that has a respec'd premade of healers and tanks and this is obviously not fun for a pug.

What I would love to see is when you get into huttball it truly separates the teams into 8v8 with pubs and imps on the same team. That would make for some very fun and unpredictable huttball matches.

There is no actual difference between huttball and the other warzones. You might as well just whine about how much you want a deathmatch - don't worry they're coming in a couple of months.

I think there are differeness. For example, Huttball should be the only map in which a team with 8 tanks should be able to win. Also, it has more options how to deal with the objective. Some prefer passing while others prefer to carry the ball. Utility abilities are far more usefull in Huttball than on most other maps, sure you can pull or push someone in Voidstar, but it is only useful in the second room there, while the huttball map is ful of those features, and even if you don't kill one by pushing him into the pit, he is most of the time then busy to get back into the action while you can do your thing. Pretty much every class can be useful in Huttball, same is not as true for other maps, where it is more clear which classes should be there and you have rarely to sdopt on the opposing teams tactics.

I think huttball could have been SWTOR entry card to e-sports, but BioWare didn't used any of it potential.

I can understand that Huttball is not the right ballgame for everyone (pun intended!). And yes, Huttball has a much different vibe than the other warzones have. I would have liked, if BioWare would have made more huttball like maps and gave them their own queue and league (I still hope they will do just that when they might bring 8v8 ranked one day back, just with huttball and nothing else).

Huttball is what make SWTOR instanced PvP unique, it is that map that kept plenty of PvP players around, so it has a place in the game, only BioWare don't get what a gem they have there and so far not using it right.

I have no desire to remove Huttball, i can see that a lot of people like it. I only wish it was not forced, and if you could convince me why it would not be okay to deselect 1-2 warzones when queuing then i would have nothing to say.

I have no desire to remove Huttball, i can see that a lot of people like it. I only wish it was not forced, and if you could convince me why it would not be okay to deselect 1-2 warzones when queuing then i would have nothing to say.

Not big enough of a community to do that.

there you have it.