New Companions

CrispenGray

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I´m still in shock after loosing both Thana and Jaxo :(

I am not sure, but we never see Ava Jaxo dying on screen, or is there a option in which that can happen? Sure, I am also sad that I lost her on my trooper, but maybe she found a last second escape on her own if you don't save her. So, yes I also would like to see her returning as a companion.

she was written very well with a consistent, strong, and distinct personality. that is why you will get a lot of people who loved her in game like me and a lot of people who hated her like you and I would guess a smaller percent of people that don't feel strongly either way.

that is the mark of a well written character

the reasons I like her are kind of the same reason I like Jayne in firefly. she's strong, consistent, obnoxious, conceited, messes up a lot but acts like she had it under control, doesn't like to be told what to do but respects a good leader and talks big but really its just a act, she never really tries to kill you or anything although she claims she's going too. she acts like she hates you no matter how much you suck up to her but follows your lead and doesn't fight your orders, not that the game would let her anyway. just full of personality and humor that you either love or hate

to add a suggestion, I think a hutt companion would be both silly and awesome :D

also as that great list above suggests teff'ith would be awesome with the way she talks and also would love to see crysta from the BH story again I miss her... her accent and her mohawk

You get the same sort of thing with Darth Tubby...I mean Baras.

You get the same sort of thing with Darth Tubby...I mean Baras.

yes but baras is more condescending, constantly belittling you, giving orders and is out right a malicious person up until the end

when he goes begging like a beating spoiled brat to be saved

thana never begs she was more consistent and like I said she talked big but when push comes to shove

she does not hesitate to let the survivors go based on your order, she respects a good leader

baras is a typical villain type and un-redeeming, thana was more likable and a humorous counter to your characters abilities and elite skills with her mishaps and attitude

I´m still in shock after loosing both Thana and Jaxo :(

awe man and jaxo too :(

as for the threads idea that bioware is going to bring back characters we have met before. I think that is a awesome decision and if it gets done it is going to make the stories feel more connected to the player. its a step in the right direction Bioware Austin. the next would be talking Patrick Weekes into writing some characters for swtor, no offense to hall hood and his team, your doing great but that man could make me fall in love with a rock if he was writing for it :D

a lot of long time bioware fans know very well the connections you can create with a npc through being able to interact with them, even if they are not companions, the more we see of characters we know in game the more we will create feelings of either love or hate towards them. but that is what makes the interactions with them mean something. I mean who doesn't have a opinion on captain Anderson in mass effect even though he wasn't a companion. [i was going to say Joker but he's crew like Dr Chakwas and Kelly Chambers Anderson was more in the background just poping in here and there] but he was there to interact with and a part of our journey too. hopefully darth marr / supreme chancellor, satele and jace survive long enough :D that players start to become connected to the characters.

so in short STOP KILLING OFF CHARACTERS!!! ... I'm looking in your direction Hall :rak_03:

Edited by Vis-Tecum

Nice post, but the one point I would argue from your "other" list, and since I just finished reading Fatal Alliance the other day, Darth Charnus was killed off as I recall.

I don't think he was in Fatal Alliance? He seemed to survive the battle of Corellia which is after Fatal Alliance.

Edit: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Chratis ?

Edited by Dan_Loto

I don't think he was in Fatal Alliance? He seemed to survive the battle of Corellia which is after Fatal Alliance.

Edit: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Chratis ?

I think you mean Darth Gravus. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Gravus

Guess those Sith are not that good or interesting if people cannot keep them apart from each other, and BioWare seems to like to kill them off anyway, so don't hope for a darth as a companion, they are pretty much just cannon fodder!

Guess those Sith are not that good or interesting if people cannot keep them apart from each other, and BioWare seems to like to kill them off anyway, so don't hope for a darth as a companion, they are pretty much just cannon fodder!

Yeah Darths started dropping like flies. I don't consider Darth Charnus to be a possible companion, but he was directly under a Dark Council member, and he's still alive, so he could be back in the future.

Yeah Darths started dropping like flies. I don't consider Darth Charnus to be a possible companion, but he was directly under a Dark Council member, and he's still alive, so he could be back in the future.

Don't want to go back through the entire thread, but who brought Darth Charnus up first? Would Darth Charnus not automatically hate everyone who is Revanite? And I doubt he would be a companion for a republic character, so who could have him as a companion, think there are not many left. So, I am with you, don't think he would be a good companion for anyone.

Don't want to go back through the entire thread, but who brought Darth Charnus up first? Would Darth Charnus not automatically hate everyone who is Revanite?

I had him on my list of not yet dead characters, and apparently he's easily confused with some dead guys. :D

He's pretty cruel, so I don't think he's a Revanite.

for the SW I personally would've liked to have Lord Rathari as a companion. granted im sure many ppl probly killed him but we warriors have encountered a few ppl who refuse to die... but for those who let him live like me I felt like he should've showed a more useful role. I mean he said he would be there for the last fight (which he was) but he wouldn't even fight with u (which sucks) plus it gives us Warriors another force companion and possible apprentice since the inquisitor gets two. and besides rathari is interesting as a character I think. he's a young naïve sith lord that can be molded into whatever we want. but besides him I too want Lord Cytharat. (ironic they are both lords) another character I thought very well developed and also a force companion. basically as a warrior I don't particularly mind who we get as long as its a force user.

1. Lord Rathari

2. Lord Cytharat

3. Thana Vesh

those be my pics. oh and this is assuming each class gets there own. if not obviously rathari would be exempt from this list. but I think individual comps are better than shared ones.

He's pretty cruel, so I don't think he's a Revanite.

You got me wrong, I didn't said he is Revanite. He is the Sith who empoys Sandor, who is asking you then to investigate the Revanite, and at the end of the quest you can lie to Sandor and tell him his master is Revanite, but that is a lie. Darth Charnus is hunting the Revanites, and that can be a problem for characters that joined them, believing in that cause.

You got me wrong, I didn't said he is Revanite. He is the Sith who empoys Sandor, who is asking you then to investigate the Revanite, and at the end of the quest you can lie to Sandor and tell him his master is Revanite, but that is a lie. Darth Charnus is hunting the Revanites, and that can be a problem for characters that joined them, believing in that cause.

Alright I never noticed that connection.

yes but baras is more condescending, constantly belittling you, giving orders and is out right a malicious person up until the end

when he goes begging like a beating spoiled brat to be saved

thana never begs she was more consistent and like I said she talked big but when push comes to shove

she does not hesitate to let the survivors go based on your order, she respects a good leader

baras is a typical villain type and un-redeeming, thana was more likable and a humorous counter to your characters abilities and elite skills with her mishaps and attitude

I just meant you either loved him or you loved to hate him.

Same could be said for Overseer Harkun too.

Edited by Hyfy

I just meant you either loved him or you loved to hate him.

Same could be said for Overseer Harkun too.

oh well yeah I agree, there are a lot of well written characters, I don't recall who overseer harkun was though

oh and another person I really hope to see return who should still be alive and was a great character

general Heskar, especially since hes such a good pilot wink wink sssp character... :rak_wink:

oh well yeah I agree, there are a lot of well written characters, I don't recall who overseer harkun was though

oh and another person I really hope to see return who should still be alive and was a great character

general Heskar, especially since hes such a good pilot wink wink sssp character... :rak_wink:

Overseer Harkun is the one leading you through your initial trials on Korriban for the Inquisitor, before you become Zashs' apprentice.

And yeah I think I might of been the first to mention Hesker.

Edited by Hyfy

I suppose dead force sensitives can still come back as ghosts!

Baras and Thanaton would make for hilarious ghosts.

As for ghosts

While Zash wasn't exactly a ghost she fell roughly into that category and certainly added an element of comedic relief as well. Thanaton as a ghost though, given the 2nd and 3rd chapters of the Inquisitor story it wouldn't be much of a stretch to take him in as a force ghost you bind to you with his powers though also.

Another voice for Lord Cytharat, fully romanceable, please.

I wouldn't mind Thana Vesh, but she's not my first choice.

My personal wish is to have expanded options for my existing companions, including, possibly in some sort of Makeb-triggered cutscene, an option for additional new romance options that were not there previously.