Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Snipers were nerfed way to badly.

lordsmashdown

So I was just playing my sniper, I fought an assassin with 300 expertise while I myself had full PvP gear so 2018 Expertise and I am not saying im the best sniper ever but I know I am a really good one, but this assassing got me down to 2K health before I won, I would just like to point out that this should NOT happen to a class designed to kill Assassins/Shadows Sorc/Sages it should not be happening, snipers were said to be OP I get that but don't nerf us so much that we cant even PvE or PvP.

I agree. Snipers should not be bothered with Stealthers showing up on their screen taking up graphics card resources better used on more damage effects. With 1+ stacks of the Detection Buff any Stealther in visual range should just automatically die on the spot and "auto Alt-F4" out of the game. Edited by IronmanSS

So I was just playing my sniper, I fought an assassin with 300 expertise while I myself had full PvP gear so 2018 Expertise and I am not saying im the best sniper ever but I know I am a really good one, but this assassing got me down to 2K health before I won, I would just like to point out that this should NOT happen to a class designed to kill Assassins/Shadows Sorc/Sages it should not be happening, snipers were said to be OP I get that but don't nerf us so much that we cant even PvE or PvP.

2 things here first. 1, i think its more like assasins are Overpowered rather than you are underpowered http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWDOdEJ7h94&feature on all 4 of my toons i have seens sins/shadows stun me and kill me within that 4 seconds granted this requirs everything to crit and remember 20K expertise is what 30% more damage/reduction? i may be wrong here its been a while since i actually checked that figure. 2nd is snipers are NOT geared to take down sins (and ops) infact its the total opposite, the rock paper scissors is that you root and shoot warriors/tanks and obvi dps sorcs with superior damage until the sin jumps you the second your vulnerable i don't think any class hard counters sins maybe a powertech will have enough DPS and mitigation but i see sins just role through players so fast it borderlines hacks and that includes my own level 35 assassin.

BTW, you really should offer more details here, was this a duel? a gank? in a WZ or pts arena? do you have screens shots or footage?

Finally this is a role relative MMORPG, if your in a 1vs1 situation in a warzone your doing it wrong.

Edited by HexDecimalUK

Shadow is kinda op because you can ignore the set rotation and spam your biggest damage dealing attacks immediately. Usually your target will be dead before you run out of energy. There are also lag bugs that exist which make stealth classes untargettable for a few seconds after they come out of stealth.

Shadow is kinda op because you can ignore the set rotation and spam your biggest damage dealing attacks immediately. Usually your target will be dead before you run out of energy. There are also lag bugs that exist which make stealth classes untargettable for a few seconds after they come out of stealth.

Spam?? If you don't proc Maul it's 50% force cost, 50%... And deals way less damage if it's not procced, there's a cooldown between procs, it's not spammable.

Edited by NogueiraA

Spam?? If you don't proc Maul it's 50% force cost, 50%... And deals way less damage if it's not procced, there's a cooldown between procs, it's not spammable.

I didn't say don't use Shock but you shouldn't be using it as your opener, that's for sure, since your goal is to deal as much damage as possible in the shortest amount of time. You can re-open with Low Slash, charge up that energy and do it all over again.

Edited by Gren-Aluren

Guys Merc is sooo overpowered. I got hit for tracer missile for 15k and I got 2 shot?!?! How is this possible? And they can heal to full and are immune to all of my CC! So OP, I hope the devs nerf them soon

Only dps sorcerers can heal to full and they are designed to make everyone else pay for playing this game. Sorcs are the only source of Bioware profit due to this simple fact (currently we accept payments as subscriptions and cartel coins purchases).

but this assassing got me down to 2K health before I won, I would just like to point out that this should NOT happen to a class designed to kill Assassins/Shadows Sorc/Sages it should not be happening.

Just curious. If you believe snipers are designed to kill assassins, what class do you believe is designed to kill snipers? :rolleyes:

Snipers are stupid strong. Shadows are meant to counter you. From the existence of this post, you probably aren't that good or bright. The person you fought was not good. We all suck. Internet lightsabers should 1-shot someone.

/thread

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.