Hate to bring this up again... BUT..

KylanJin

Subscriber appreciation..

No, I'm not going to whine about it, that's not my style but i would like to hear what the community thinks of my view point on it. ;)

Anyway, I'm sorry to bring up this sorry episode once more but ...

If you were REALLY sorry, you wouldn't have posted. There was no need to post this now - nothing new on this topic except you wanted some spotlight so you dredged it up. As if there wasn't enough negativity flowing on the forums right now.

So, you know, good job with that.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you were REALLY sorry, you wouldn't have posted. There was no need to post this now - nothing new on this topic except you wanted some spotlight so you dredged it up. As if there wasn't enough negativity flowing on the forums right now.

So, you know, good job with that.

I am entitled to use the forums here to voice my opinion, i support the game as a sub. if you dont like it, dont read it.

Yes perhaps nothing new, except i think my perspective on the subject is new.

BUT

I would just like to say, I do concede a point that the tauntaun in a different colour was given to subs and was likely the "other" thing BW were working on, i would also like to say that the subs liked it too! And they did...

I dont think i saw much whining about the tauntaun colour.

I would say this could be viewed as a success.

I would say that this could be viewed as more of a success than the sub appreciation.

/e scratches his head

Maybe SOME times things do work out well, JUST maybe people dont complain and there is no such thing as damned if you do and damned if you dont...

MAYBE Bioware got that right..

What they did not get right was the messaging for the sub appreciation.. among other messages they have released.

My message to BW is simple, and it's in my OP.

Under Promise and Over Deliver

You will always meet expectations that way, in fact, you're guaranteed to surpass them, time and time again.

I.e

Tauntaun, we expected... nothing... we received - A kick ***, fresh Mount in a colour to differentiate ourselves as subs = Happy community.

I am entitled to use the forums here to voice my opinion, i support the game as a sub. if you dont like it, dont read it.

Yes perhaps nothing new, except i think my perspective on the subject is new.

BUT

I would just like to say, I do concede a point that the tauntaun in a different colour was given to subs and was likely the "other" thing BW were working on, i would also like to say that the subs liked it too! And they did...

If you go back through the multitude of other posts, you'll find that your perspective was nothing new - very been there/done that. So my point had to do with the title of your post. You DON'T "hate to bring this up again." So while you are certainly entitled to use this forum and state your opinions (and I don't mean "entitled" in the negative way it is used around her usually), you were being disingenuous about your intentions and that's what I was saying.

Since you posted here you clearly wanted people to read and react and at least take your comments seriously. I was suggesting that you start with a more grounded subject line so that you won't be dismissed right out of the gate.

If you go back through the multitude of other posts, you'll find that your perspective was nothing new - very been there/done that. So my point had to do with the title of your post. You DON'T "hate to bring this up again." So while you are certainly entitled to use this forum and state your opinions (and I don't mean "entitled" in the negative way it is used around her usually), you were being disingenuous about your intentions and that's what I was saying.

Since you posted here you clearly wanted people to read and react and at least take your comments seriously. I was suggesting that you start with a more grounded subject line so that you won't be dismissed right out of the gate.

Obviously you didn't read the OP,

It seems like you must have nothing better to do than defend multi-national multi million dollar companies from the little guys.. your being in the thread to even say that holds little to no benefit to anyone in any way.

How about focusing on the message, whether it's clear as an un-muddied stream for you or not, I'm sure you understand it and I'm certain you're just choosing not to..

Anyway,

I wonder if the game would be better off without any subs at all..? More monetary gain in that model??

I think that's the message i was ultimately left with, as the "sub appreciation"

I never said you WEREN'T one already. If you want to go make a better game, go make one. This isn't a 911 conspiracy. You didn't "debunk" anything. /facepalm

Every single MMO forum on the planet says they want more communcation.

I read your post. Its a thnly veiled disguise about them not paying rnough attention to you.

And if you want more communication...good luck. What you really want is someone to tell you what you want to hear.

You aren't a designer or developer on this game. You are a paying customer. Big difference.

This response pretty much sums up the roll over and shut up idea..

I may be a paying customer for this item but I have experience in the industry, do you?

Yes, if we do not strive to have more communication, if we don't tell bioware what we want then we dont get, and as i said, I have a right to post on the forum - Bioware gave me that right, that voice, they obviously wanted me to have it, as well as you all.

Now back to the point i was trying to make.

Couple of quotes for ya,

There are attempts, and there are accomplishments. Histories only praise one.

Ylenic It'kla

Deliver more than you promise.

The best way to be always certain of this is to deliver much, even when you promise nothing.

Tho-Mes Drei

Anyway,

I wonder if the game would be better off without any subs at all..? More monetary gain in that model??

I think that's the message i was ultimately left with, as the "sub appreciation"

I suppose not, QoL loose for subscribers will simply stop them from playing as F2Ps.

So . . . is this a thread about the lack of communication with BW, the lack of a subscriber benefit, or both?

I think BW are making an effort to reach out to the community, what with the Cantina Tour and the recent Class Representative things. Whether they are working or not though is not really for me to judge, but they seem to be having mixed results (Personally I have never had any complains about communication, be it for bug reports or updates and stuff. Then again that seems to be just me . . .)

I really do not understand why people seem to be demanding a Subscriber Benefit. I mean, I personally feel that the stuff a subscription unlocks is enough to keep me subed, and I dont really see what adding say, an exclusive mount, will do. Again, each to their own though! :i_angel:

So . . . is this a thread about the lack of communication with BW, the lack of a subscriber benefit, or both?

I think BW are making an effort to reach out to the community, what with the Cantina Tour and the recent Class Representative things. Whether they are working or not though is not really for me to judge, but they seem to be having mixed results (Personally I have never had any complains about communication, be it for bug reports or updates and stuff. Then again that seems to be just me . . .)

I really do not understand why people seem to be demanding a Subscriber Benefit. I mean, I personally feel that the stuff a subscription unlocks is enough to keep me subed, and I dont really see what adding say, an exclusive mount, will do. Again, each to their own though! :i_angel:

BioWare said they were going to provide subscriber appreciation beyond the normal benefits you get from the service. It's unclear exactly what that would be, and if they didn't have a clear plan in place, probably shouldn't have mentioned it in the first place.

Quite frankly if you don't feel like you're getting your money's worth from the sub, you should just unsub.

Ahh...there it is... the classic "don't like it, don't play it".

Well, that's your opinion :)

Are you basically saying if someone wants to suggest something about the game, they should unsub? If someone isn't satisfied with one particular thing about the game, they should unsub?

Plenty of people have, you wouldn't be the first. I don't need BioWare to throw bones at me to make my $15 a month feel more worthwhile. It already obviously does, or I wouldn't be paying it.

Again, that's your own personal opinion that not everybody shares with you. But thanks for telling us your opinion. :)

Thanks have a nice day :)

Are you basically saying if someone wants to suggest something about the game, they should unsub? If someone isn't satisfied with one particular thing about the game, they should unsub?

No kidding. It's almost as common as calling someone "entitled" is.

Well, that's your opinion :)

No, I'm not basically saying that at all. I'm rather specifically saying if you don't appreciate what you're paying for, don't pay for it. The context here is about 'customer appreciation' not 'game enhancements'. Stay with the subject.

Also, unlike a lot of things you can still play the game without paying for it - so I NEVER said nor implied that.

Edited by hadoken

Quite frankly if you don't feel like you're getting your money's worth from the sub, you should just unsub.

Plenty of people have, you wouldn't be the first. I don't need BioWare to throw bones at me to make my $15 a month feel more worthwhile. It already obviously does, or I wouldn't be paying it.

Agree. Disguising an ungrateful assertion as something else does not change the intent.

Look, Unrestricted access 24/7 for the price of a 1/4 cup of my morning coffee minus 5 dollars worth of cartel coins each month for a discount.....and they "appreciate" that to the point they send me a free gift of another 5 dollars worth of coins? LOL

Are people seriously complaining about that?

No, I'm not basically saying that at all. I'm rather specifically saying if you don't appreciate what you're paying for, don't pay for it. The context here is about 'customer appreciation' not 'game enhancements'. Stay with the subject.

Also, unlike a lot of things you can still play the game without paying for it - so I NEVER said nor implied that.

Right...customer appreciation...meaning I (as a customer) feel appreciated by Bioware. You're using it wrong to think I should appreciate Bioware for taking my money...of course they appreciate my money, but I don't appreciate them taking it. I enjoy the service I pay for and feel it's a good value, but I'm not appreciative of paying...that's nonsensical.

Hey, class balance would be enough "subscriber appreciation" for me.

I'm tired of my sorc not being as viable as my sniper for, well, anything.

Right now class balance in PvP and PvE is silly and I'd rather they work on that than some silly fluff item.

BioWare said they were going to provide subscriber appreciation beyond the normal benefits you get from the service. It's unclear exactly what that would be, and if they didn't have a clear plan in place, probably shouldn't have mentioned it in the first place.

Perhaps, although from what I remember didn't BW say they canceled/delayed that thing because of technical difficulties? It must be a hard call on when it comes to announcing new and upcoming features. If you announce you are working on something but it fails/has to be delayed, the community gets upset. But if you keep quite about such hot discussions, then the community accuses you of ignoring them.

Personally speaking, I think they should just keep quite about most issues (Apart from say, and expansion) and wait until it is ready for the PTS at least.

Obviously you didn't read the OP,

It seems like you must have nothing better to do than defend multi-national multi million dollar companies from the little guys.. your being in the thread to even say that holds little to no benefit to anyone in any way.

How about focusing on the message, whether it's clear as an un-muddied stream for you or not, I'm sure you understand it and I'm certain you're just choosing not to..

Oh, but clearly I DID read the OP. Obviously you didn't read any of my posts. Nothing new was brought to the table with this thread, but more to the point, the OP didn't HATE to bring this up again, he LOVED to bring it up again, he went out of his way to bring it up again - thus tainting everything he said that followed.

But in the department of comprehension I'd say YOU'RE the one who seems to need a refresher course, as I said not a word defending Bioware in my posts. Your comments about such hold little to no benefit to anyone in any way.

This response pretty much sums up the roll over and shut up idea..

I may be a paying customer for this item but I have experience in the industry, do you?

Yes, if we do not strive to have more communication, if we don't tell bioware what we want then we dont get, and as i said, I have a right to post on the forum - Bioware gave me that right, that voice, they obviously wanted me to have it, as well as you all.

Now back to the point i was trying to make.

Couple of quotes for ya,

There are attempts, and there are accomplishments. Histories only praise one.

Ylenic It'kla

Deliver more than you promise.

The best way to be always certain of this is to deliver much, even when you promise nothing.

Tho-Mes Drei

Your entire first post was an attention grab and you just don't like being called on it.

Quotes? Lol.

Anyway. I never complain when people bring up reasonable questions and criticize appropriately. I know I post my disagreements all the time. But posts like this aren't grounded in any real complaint. Its just armchair posturing from someone who really has no idea what they are talking about and could have posted in the 10 other short threads about "communication."

And when I say communication I mean "tell me what I want to hear."

Most of the people who play this game are likely rich, ever notice how many cartel packs are bought every time there's a new one? Yep.

I have, and when you give them a free gift and it creates nothing but headaches in return, you stop giving them free gifts. It saves the headaches, and the cost of providing the resources to give out the gift.

I have been CS agent for over a decade now and your statement is so far from the truth that it make me wish I had enough bandwidth to SLAP YOU THROUGH THE COMPUTER. :mad: