Queuing for WZ's and then switching characters

Omisri

Noticed since the latest patch that if I queue for a WZ on one character and then switch to another, im locked into a queue that never pops. Opening the WZ window will say that im queued with my alt. Logging back on to the character that queued to try and leave queue doesn't work, clicking onto leave queue does nothing yet the icon shows as in the queue (with a greyed out "join queue").

Have to quit the entire game and log back in to fix.

• Dev Post

Hi there!

This is an issue that's happened for a few weeks, but it seems to be happening significantly more after Game Update 2.3.1.

If you're having an issue where you seem to be stuck in the Warzone queue, we have found that most players have this happen while being queued in a group. There are many variations of reports, but many are are able to resolve the issue by getting back into a group (preferably with the same leader as when the issue occurred originally) and then have the leader queue the group and then leave again. (I've personally been able to use the workaround above when this happened to me.)

We're sorry for the inconvenience. Please know that this bug is slated to be fixed in Game Update 2.3.2; it's gone through testing and looks good to make the deploy. However, I will be sure to post for you if anything changes.

Thanks!

Edited by AmberGreen

Hi there!

This is an issue that's happened for a few weeks, but it seems to be happening significantly more after Game Update 2.3.1.

If you're having an issue where you seem to be stuck in the Warzone queue, we have found that most players have this happen while being queued in a group. There are many variations of reports, but many are are able to resolve the issue by getting back into a group (preferably with the same leader as when the issue occurred originally) and then have the leader queue the group and then leave again. (I've personally been able to use the workaround above when this happened to me.)

We're sorry for the inconvenience. Please know that this bug is slated to be fixed in Game Update 2.3.2; it's gone through testing and looks good to make the deploy. However, I will be sure to post for you if anything changes.

Thanks!

Amber, I am getting the same problem but even when solo queuing.

Amber, I am getting the same problem but even when solo queuing.

This is what happens to me also. Solo queuing and deciding to switch characters whilst still in the queue is what seems to cause it.

Granted I now try to remember to leave queue prior to switching characters, but sometimes I just forget if I have been sat waiting on the queue to pop for awhile

• Dev Post

As an update to what I'd posted above: this issue can happen to any character who is disconnected for any reason (including some reports of players who just log out to Character Select) while in the queue or inside of a Warzone and is not exclusive to those in a group. However, the workaround I posted above to join a group and then have the leader queue the group and leave the queue still works in most instances. Just exiting out of the game client completely works to resolve the problem for others.

We appreciate your patience until the fix for this is deployed with the next Game Update.

:ph_cheers:

As an update to what I'd posted above: this issue can happen to any character who is disconnected for any reason (including some reports of players who just log out to Character Select) while in the queue or inside of a Warzone and is not exclusive to those in a group. However, the workaround I posted above to join a group and then have the leader queue the group and leave the queue still works in most instances. Just exiting out of the game client completely works to resolve the problem for others.

We appreciate your patience until the fix for this is deployed with the next Game Update.

:ph_cheers:

As you said, it's not exclusive to those that queue with a group, because I never queue with a group for WZs and I still always end up with the same issue when I log out while in queue.

The way I deal with it (other than restarting the game, of course) is just leaving the WZ queue before logging out. It has never happened to me if I wasn't already in a queue before logging out.

Edited by TheNahash