Bioware, why is it so Freaking HARD for you to put voice modulation on HELMETS.

Magnusheart

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bigger question...why is it so freaking important?

Nice to have.. sure. Important?... only to Darth Vader wannabes.

Come on Andryah, the Devil called, and he said he doesn't need an advocate.

But seriously, I know sometimes that you counter-point just to counter. In this particular case, Bioware didn't do anyone any favors by rushing this new art out without making sure it had all of the bells and whistles that it should have had. I mean, Jesus, if you put a freaking Halloween mask on your face iRL, it changes your voice a little bit. The freaking dev team didn't even muffle the voice at all. Once again, we got 90% effort out of this dev team. Art was good, concept was good, execution fell short.

We need you to advocate for some of us one of these days, Andryah. And I think it would be nice if this was one of those small battles that you could involve yourself with instead of just thumbing your nose at the community saying, "You don't NEED that. So STOOFOO."

Edited by gorstram

Come on Andryah, the Devil called, and he said he doesn't need an advocate.

But seriously, I know sometimes that you counter-point just to counter. In this particular case, Bioware didn't do anyone any favors by rushing this new art out without making sure it had all of the bells and whistles that it should have had. I mean, Jesus, if you put a freaking Halloween mask on your face iRL, it changes your voice a little bit. The freaking dev team didn't even muffle the voice at all. Once again, we got 90% effort out of this dev team. Art was good, concept was good, execution fell short.

We need you to advocate for some of us one of these days, Andryah. And I think it would be nice if this was one of those small battles that you could involve yourself with instead of just thumbing your nose at the community saying, "You don't NEED that. So ****."

Show me where I said "you don't need that".

I'm fine with voice modulation.. and some gear has it and some does not.

But people get absurd when they want voice modulation (which is fine) BUT it has to be with their chosen piece of headgear. Really? When did MMOs become fantasy candyland.. where there was no need to face and make choices due to constraints presented to you?

If I want voice modulation.. I'll wear a head piece that has voice modulation. Otherwise.. I'll wear something else. I advise others to do the same.. AND if you want voice modulation on gear that does not have it. ----> suggestion forums.

I'd be right alongside everyone advocating for voice modulation IF there were no voice modulating headgear in the game. There needs to be some gear with the effect in a Star Wars game. But not every helmet needs voice modulation.

This constant complaining for the sake of complaining in the forums is just silly. Drop your suggestions into the suggestion forum.. and have everyone pile on with a +1...and I will be happy to +1 as well. But complaining for the sake of complaining achieves nothing.

Edited by Andryah

Yep yep the devs do a great job. Lets buy some cartel coins and ignore the issue.

I'm not ignoring the issue. I am putting a context to the issue, unlike you.. who are simply making snarky ad hominems toward the devs and to me.

Grow up.

I'm actually wondering this too... I'm not a big fan of voice modulation so all this rage over it is just like :confused:

Why is it so utterly rage inducing, crime against humanity, holy crap at least Hitler knew what he was doing, bad?

But people get absurd when they want voice modulation (which is fine) BUT it has to be with their chosen piece of headgear. Really? When did MMOs become fantasy candyland.. where there was no need to face and make choices due to constraints presented to you?

If I want voice modulation.. I'll wear a head piece that has voice modulation. Otherwise.. I'll wear something else. I advise others to do the same.. AND if you want voice modulation on gear that does not have it. ----> suggestion forums.

I'd be right alongside everyone advocating for voice modulation IF there were no voice modulating headgear in the game. There needs to be some gear with the effect in a Star Wars game. But not every helmet needs voice modulation.

This constant complaining for the sake of complaining in the forums is just silly. Drop your suggestions into the suggestion forum.. and have everyone pile on with a +1...and I will be happy to +1 as well. But complaining for the sake of complaining achieves nothing.

Im pretty sure this thread came to existance because the suggestion in the suggestion( :rak_09: ) box was ignored. Some will get over it, others will press their request. Bioware states that they listen and value fan suggestions. So people suggest things in many ways. Why shouldn't they? Even if it's complaining that is also feedback for Bioware.

Edited by jankiel

I know from personal experience, that the 505 cybernetic helmet does have voice modulation.

If so.. this is great.. because given that the headpiece is clearly cybernetic.. the 505 headpiece should have some form of voice modulation.

If so.. this is great.. because given that the headpiece is clearly cybernetic.. the 505 headpiece should have some form of voice modulation.

That's probably the same reason people want the mandalore helmet to have it. The original in Kotor had it. Why not this one? So we rage :rak_03: :rak_03:

Edited by jankiel

The fact that the Mandalore helmet doesn't have it makes me pretty damn angry.

Why? What precedent in SW lore is there for a sophisticated helmet made in Mandalore Tech to be so bad it cannot transmit accurate and distortion free voice? Generally speaking.. Mandalore Tech was coveted for it's quality and sophistication with in the lore.

Edited by Andryah

That's probably the same reason people want the mandalore helmet to have it. The original in Kotor had it. Why not this one? So we rage :rak_03: :rak_03:

Given the sophistication of Mandalore technology in armor and weapons... accurate and clear voice transmission makes much more sense.

Voice modulation generally is seen as cool because it is menacing in some manner. I support the idea of having a mod that can be added to headgear for such distortion for menace. Don't know if we will ever see it.. but it makes a lot more sense then demanding every headbucket be made with voice distortions.

See that's where I think you and I left the tracks. I am not saying that only one piece needs it. I am advocating for all appropriate closed faced helmets to be voice modulated. The trooper/bounty hunter commendation helmets all have voice modulation, vis a vis, the Mandalore helmet should have it it, should it not? The Eradicator's mask just screams for some type of modulation. I know the latter train has already left the station, but we shouldn't be allowing (by allowing, I mean not speaking out) incomplete development of these in-game features.

If pulling the modification was an artistic call, let the devs come out and claim that, and back up their argument with their rationale. But to say nothing at all leaves I and a fair number of others with a bad taste in our mouths. We're not allowed to give 90% effort at our jobs, Bioware shouldn't be allowed to so either. This isn't a threat to quit right now, it's a "Hey guys, you're on notice, keep screwing us over, and we're through."

I am advocating for all appropriate closed faced helmets to be voice modulated. The trooper/bounty hunter commendation helmets all have voice modulation, vis a vis, the Mandalore helmet should have it it, should it not?

IMO.. well designed and manufactured headgear in an advance tech universe should NOT generally have modulation distortions on the voice. I object to it on trooper gear.. as it makes no sense... other then wannabe nostalgia. Similarly.. to think that Mandalore Armor should be so inferior as to be unable to transmit a nondistorted voice transmission is just silly IMO.

That said.. you don't see me complaining and demanding that Trooper headgear be voice distortion free do you? Even though I personally object to it. If I don't like it.. I simply wont wear it and will wear something else.

Edited by Andryah

If pulling the modification was an artistic call, let the devs come out and claim that, and back up their argument with their rationale. But to say nothing at all leaves I and a fair number of others with a bad taste in our mouths. We're not allowed to give 90% effort at our jobs, Bioware shouldn't be allowed to so either. This isn't a threat to quit right now, it's a "Hey guys, you're on notice, keep screwing us over, and we're through."

IMO.. it is inappropriate and immature to be constantly trying to put the devs on the defensive (ie: demanding that they say why they did something and then to have to defend that decision).

Yeah, people do it.. but it's real grade school style behavior IMO.

IMO.. it is inappropriate and immature to be constantly trying to put the devs on the defensive (ie: demanding that they say why they did something and then to have to defend that decision).

Yeah, people do it.. but it's real grade school style behavior IMO.

Well people wouldn't do that if the devs would actually address some of these minor issues at times. I mean whats the deal with ignoring the suggestion thread for the eradicator mask?

IMO.. well designed and manufactured headgear in an advance tech universe should NOT generally have modulation distortions on the voice. I object to it on trooper gear.. as it makes no sense... other then wannabe nostalgia. Similarly.. to think that Mandalore Armor should be so inferior as to be unable to transmit a nondistorted voice transmission is just silly IMO.

That said.. you don't see me complaining and demanding that Trooper headgear be voice distortion free do you? Even though I personally object to it. If I don't like it.. I simply wont wear it and will wear something else.

Well we can agree to disagree on helmet expectations. You had suggested earlier that a voice modulation feature be placed in the game where a player can turn it off or on depending on their preference. If the devs were smart, they would figure this option out and roll it out with the next xpac. That way players like you who are purists can hear your character's unaltered voices, and Storm Trooper fanboys like I and a ton of other man-children out there can have what we want.

Well we can agree to disagree on helmet expectations.

I'm perfectly fine with agreeing to disagree. We each had our say on the matter. :)

Now let's go kill some droids together.. I'll let you loot the voice boxes. :D

Edited by Andryah

Speaking of Darth Vader wannabees. They need to have James Earl Jones record every single line of dialogue in the game and sell a DV Voice Modulator on the CM for like 5000 CCs. I'd buy it lol.

Actually I suggested that :p

Could be.

I suggested it be a mod that can be inserted into modable headgear if you want voice modulation. Of course that would be followed by level 10 ragers wanting their non-moddable green helmets to be fast-food_order_window-garbled as well. :p

Its pathetic because this thread shouldn't even exist. This shouldn't of even needed to be a problem. I doubt it is SO HARD. to add a voice modulation toggle of the 3 versions of it to a helmet. (None, Masked, and Cyborg) in the game already.

Mandalore deserves better. especially on his Helmet. This is the Holy Grail to the Mandalorians, Ye who wares it has right to challenge leadership..

Its pathetic because this thread shouldn't even exist. This shouldn't of even needed to be a problem. I doubt it is SO HARD. to add a voice modulation toggle of the 3 versions of it to a helmet. (None, Masked, and Cyborg) in the game already.

You're right. It shouldn't. You guys are getting super-upset about something that not everybody wants. You like voice modulation? Cool story bro, but I happen to not be a big fan. Yet you are demanding that it has to be your way and that everything else is evil, or Bioware is spiting you, or some nonsense like that.

The simple fact is that they didn't do it, and not everybody is heartbroken about it. Get a hold of yourselves! It's just a piece of gear! If the people who opened up an obscene amount of packs and walked away without a Varactyl can do so with dignity, then so too can you.

Thank you. Have a nice freaking day, and enjoy the game as you did before this thing even existed.

You're right. It shouldn't. You guys are getting super-upset about something that not everybody wants. You like voice modulation? Cool story bro, but I happen to not be a big fan. Yet you are demanding that it has to be your way and that everything else is evil, or Bioware is spiting you, or some nonsense like that.

The simple fact is that they didn't do it, and not everybody is heartbroken about it. Get a hold of yourselves! It's just a piece of gear! If the people who opened up an obscene amount of packs and walked away without a Varactyl can do so with dignity, then so too can you.

Thank you. Have a nice freaking day, and enjoy the game as you did before this thing even existed.

That nobody wanted?

Please go use the search engine on the forums and type in Eradicator's Mask and go and look at the hundreds of posts in the dozens of threads pertaining to people requesting them to add it. Now you have a freaking nice day.

I would like to see VM added to more helmets. It can be seen as a quality issue ONLY because it exists for some helmets and not others, even some from old games that you would expect would have it.

This is something I would personally like to see but I'm fine with how it is, but think they should add more VM to certain helmets to meet general expectations with prior modulated helmets from other games at least.

I do not think the absence of the VM is a quality issue. I do, however, think it gives the appearance of a quality issue, and appearance can be important, even for something this innocuous....because this alone does not "break the back", but perhaps added with other little nudges here and there speaks to the appearance of a lack of overall quality in the title.

So this would be on the "should probably correct to improve the appearance of quality" list....closer to the bottom.