Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

after opening 54 packs: NO VARACTYL

CarlosTrevisan

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go in game and type in /roll 10 then keep doing this till you roll a perfect 10. That is a 1 in 10 chance, it does not guarantee you will hit it in 10 goes. The varactyl will more than likely have a greater than 1 in 10 chance to drop. That is the nature of odds, even after 200 rolls you still may not hit that 10 or drop a Varactyl then again it might happen after 1 or 2...

My friend bought one Freelancer's pack and he got a Varactyl from his one and only pack. He is unnaturally lucky with gambling and so far has always gotten exactly what he needs from the packs. It's beyond me how he does that, but it happens every time a pack comes out.

My other friend brought a hypercrate and and got nothing of value. Not even a single mount or pet of any kind, just tons of tons of worthless armor pieces.

The chances of getting a rare (or super-rare) item doesn't go up the more packs you buy, it's not cumulative. It always stays exactly the same. Which means you always have 1:15 or something odds to get the item you want. You might get it from the first pack, you might not get it at all. But buying more packs won't increase your chances of getting it.

The only reason to buy Cartel Packs for subscribers is to convert your complimentary Cartel Coins into money by selling whatever you get from the packs on the GTN. Or if you run low and don't have time to run dailies, buy a few packs and resell them. You're better off buying everything else from the GTN.

Edited by CommanderKeeva

Did the same spent £60 and had over 15k in coins to get the Darth sidon Armour got loads of other stuff including the mount you were trying for so that will be going on GTN as didnt want it just wanted the armour set. after 60+ packs got it all apart from the chest piece so expect to pay alot for that on the GTN. its how the game love to screw players who actually enjoy the game pay a sub and still demand more from us as there is no other way in game to get nice looking gear.

Did the same spent £60 and had over 15k in coins to get the Darth sidon Armour got loads of other stuff including the mount you were trying for so that will be going on GTN as didnt want it just wanted the armour set. after 60+ packs got it all apart from the chest piece so expect to pay alot for that on the GTN. its how the game love to screw players who actually enjoy the game pay a sub and still demand more from us as there is no other way in game to get nice looking gear.

Not true.

You could've sold your packs and bought the full Sion set without any need for gambling.

Also, there are a lot of nice looking pieces in the game that you can get through questing or crafting or the GTN - beauty is subjective.

You're paying to suit your vanity. That usually does come at a premium.

I'm at work right now and i just gotta know. What are the Varactyl selling for on the GTN???

I would assume 15-20 million but i figured i would ask.

HAHAHA. Not a chance pal. That's bonkers too much.

Maybe for the first week or so. Then they will slide to about 3-4M IMO.

Nice try, but no.

I ain't paying all that for some "Interior Crocodile Alligator - I Drive a Chevrolet Movie Theater" ride. Not...gonna...happen.

The most I'll pay is "tree fiddy." No, that's not tree fiddy Million. Not tree fiddy K either. Not even tree fiddy credits OR dollars. . . . . Just... tree fiddy. LOL

Also...

Reading some of the posts in here about people dropping stupid amounts of IRL cash - hoping to beat the odds - and get "everything" they were looking to get out of those gambling packs. LOL - HAHAHAHA...oh my sides. LOL

Y'know, I did buy a hypercrate once a while back as a B-day present to my self, cuz I wanted to feel like I'm opening presents in the game too. So, I opened up about half of them. I wasn't aiming for or looking to have something specific drop out of them. I DID get a fairly rare and expensive mount tho :) ...but opening up half was what I aimed to do, and what I limited myself to doing. So, the stuff I didn't really want or need I sold on the GTN, as well as the unopened boxes.

In the end, I spent IRL cash, but got exactly what I wanted out of it: the feeling of opening up gifts and get surprised by what's inside, and getting in-game credits from the sales of the unopened half of the boxes and other stuff. No expectations, so it was all good. :D

Edited by PifferPuff

so ive just buyed 2x the 24x hipercrate. and more 6 of the other pac (the simplier one) and havent got any varactyl.

also have 4 pieces of complete 505 sieries armor (2 of them equal).

ive receive so many many many many many many [Rotworm Practice Jersey]

ive also got about 3 or 4 speeders on allthat. but no varactyl.

ok they are randon. but how much low is the chance??

im feeling playing Diablo 3 here...

HOW RANDOM AND RARE ARE THESE DROPS????

what server you on? I want the full set or 505 cyborg and have a veractyl i don't care about lol i'm sure we can come to an agreement :)

I hope these super rare cool mounts (VARACYL = cool) can be attained in game via some sort of quest, sometime in the future after their release in the cartel market.

I think there are going to be alot of surprised people here when the mounts are listed at 5 to 20 million. I'll be we'll see some listed at 200 million LOL.

What gives me a chuckle is people arguing that Bioware are soaking them, but when they get a super rare how much they try to charge for it. LOL .....always in the eye of the beholder.

so ive just buyed 2x the 24x hipercrate. and more 6 of the other pac (the simplier one) and havent got any varactyl.

also have 4 pieces of complete 505 sieries armor (2 of them equal).

ive receive so many many many many many many [Rotworm Practice Jersey]

ive also got about 3 or 4 speeders on allthat. but no varactyl.

ok they are randon. but how much low is the chance??

im feeling playing Diablo 3 here...

HOW RANDOM AND RARE ARE THESE DROPS????

You've paid like $60.00 real world dollars for a mount you don't have. Not alot of money, but still boggles my mind that people will do that on a video game. I Mean, I've bought items with cartel coins, and its not much money really, but I've never understood the concept of "gambling", especially when the one you are gambling with makes the rules LOL.

Yup, give it a week and then we'll see how rare the veractyl actually is. As I got 2, I am hoping super freaking rare :p

As you have two, and so do some other posters in this thread (not to mention the unspoken volume of people not posting), I'm guessing they're not all that rare. I'm sure people will try and charge to the moon for those alligators, but I'm not buying. In then end, they are like any other commodity: "only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for."

Edited by PifferPuff

I think there are going to be alot of surprised people here when the mounts are listed at 5 to 20 million. I'll be we'll see some listed at 200 million LOL.

What gives me a chuckle is people arguing that Bioware are soaking them, but when they get a super rare how much they try to charge for it. LOL .....always in the eye of the beholder.

Everything is going to be overpriced on Friday, that's a no-brainer. Doesn't mean that anything is particularly rare. Indeed several people in this thread have received two of them already in their packs - I think some were just 'unlucky' and not that it's that rare.

Everything is going to be overpriced on Friday, that's a no-brainer. Doesn't mean that anything is particularly rare. Indeed several people in this thread have received two of them already in their packs - I think some were just 'unlucky' and not that it's that rare.

This is true also, which is why I would caution people to be patient and let the game play out for a few days rather then jumping to buy. Heck, when the Relaxed stuff first came out I sold my first few for almost a million a piece. Sold those first emotes for up to 500k each.

Geek is expensive, always has been. Between $1000's of dollars spent on baseball/card collections back in teh early 90's to $100s a month on magic cards back in late 90s early 2000's to the PC parts and Blu-Ray movies I buy now. Although I must say my 0/86 ratio of veractyls per pack is disappointing to say the least, I don't feel bad in any way.

1) This is the first pack or so where I truly felt bioware hit a the sweet spot on items that I (and other people will want). For some odd reason things like stylish dance and "goofy face" seem to be the rage (especially in my guild). So things like Robot, Heel click, Chicken are items that you can have fun with and just mess around. I personally was looking for Veractyl's, Robot, and the R2-pet

1b)They removed the rather REPUGNANT armor of Thul, Rist, Organa, and whatever other Marget Trash I have only now just gotten rid of by biting the bullet and filling out the sets so I can just trash the items.

2) I feel the success of this packet overall will encourage bioware to make better packets in the future. It shows there is a market and that if done right, money can be made.

3) Beyond not getting what i WANTED, I did get a great many items. At least 1 full set of just about all the armors offered, and working on almost 2 sets of some. Probably at least half of dozen of each of the speeders (only 2 of the bullfrogs).

4) I love the idea that they put some of the older items in the vendors (Mira's set, speeders, etc.) and forsee this happening again soon. Buy packs get certificates, use certificates to get what you want (assuming they offer it).

IF they keep making packs like this and forgo alot of the "junk" that people don't really crave I will gladly keep handing over my money.

Im really sorry you didn't get what you was after :(

I know how it can be the thrill the rush of opening packs! will it be epic rare or trash....you open one....another another another and until you know it you've lost abit of money and logic kicks in....

At least you enjoyed yourself opening the packs and hopefully you can sell enough stuff to afford to buy one.

I myself got one on pack 8 ^_^

Only someone irresponsible with money would gamble on a pack with no. Guarantee youd get anything desirable

Not true some people are adults with good jobs and plenty of disposable income. I am happy people spend money on the game it keeps a game going I enjoy playing, in addition to flooding the market with items I might want to buy. Who cares what they do with their money and who are you to judge them. It almost seems like half of you are envious.

Some people think spending 200 on a pair of jeans is dumb or shoes but it makes people feel good so good for them. It doesn't negatively affect others in anyway so why does it matter. If I go out and pay 70 to get in the door plus 10 a drink and any thing additional, i get a good time out of it but nothing material in return just the moment and memories. Or that is irresponsible with my money as well? Lol live a little and loosen up.

It's not much different. Point being people need to get off their high horse and stop giving a **** what people spend their money on.

Now coming to the forums to complain is idiotic because you knew what you were buying and that its random. In addition 75% of the forum goers bash anything you say they don't agree with let alone when it comes to the packs.

Good day, thank you op and everyone else that keeps the game going I support you. To the rest go toss a dirty salad <3

Edited by Avicii

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.