How is this Blood Red?

Reno_Tarshil

Using this color source.. the crystal actually looks closer to Crimson.. and I think it's close to what I see in preview.

Then again.. local lighting in this game messes with colors a lot. Which generally, I am fine with.. but a light saber.... wait for it.. EMITs LIGHT... and if anything it should be a light influencer, not be influenced by local light. It's a freaking light source, not a light sponge. Doh... got it.. these are nerf_lightsabers we are playing with.. no wonder! :p

what an uncharacteristic post from you.:confused:

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Using this color source.. the crystal actually looks closer to Crimson.. and I think it's close to what I see in preview.

Then again.. local lighting in this game messes with colors a lot. Which generally, I am fine with.. but a light saber.... wait for it.. EMITs LIGHT... and if anything it should be a light influencer, not be influenced by local light. It's a freaking light source, not a light sponge. Doh... got it.. these are nerf_lightsabers we are playing with.. no wonder! :p

Some nights I feel like I'm waving a wiffleball bat around.

Having had to reinstall the game and download the patch I have finally entered into the game to preview this crystal for myself.

On the preview screen up close is a dark orange but when zoomed out it looks red. I don't have one in-game to see how it holds up under various lighting.

Well I think it looks nice, it's too bad though that I got 1 with power (yay) and 1 with expertise (ugh) so I can't really use them on my bounty hunter until I get a 2nd useful one :/

Actually, equipping the power one unlock it for free for that character so you could use as many of the power ones as you want.

standing by for one of two things,

1. no action by Bioware at all.

2. we get a new crystal "Blood Red" and "Classic Blood Red" (ie orange.).

Someone at Bioware, please check the color vision of your peeps.

And while your at it, Fix the Green crystals to what they were at game release.

Edited by DakotaDoc

I can't see the OPs pic, but based on the one on dulfy it looks like the color is probably a lighter red and then when you blur that with white it looks orange. I bet if they switched out the white with black you'd be able to see that it's actually red.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h276/Reno_Tarshil/581945_10151651910398860_116595392_n_zps436ee565.jpg

Does this work?

Yes, and the fact that you've got it up against snow on a weird angle further adds weight to my point. It's blurring with white on both ends making it look oranger than it is.

That was the screenshot Bioware provided to the masses in the pack preview page on facebook.

Technically you could refer to orange as a variant of red (going by either primary colors red, yellow and blue or chemically visible colors of red green and blue) so that part checks out. As for blood, well, this is Star Wars so it could be alien blood of some kind, and that could be pretty much any color. :p

but yes, the name is misleading. I expected a darker red. I do prefer this to the orange-red though.