The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Lord Trok - Way too many stuns

Screaming_Ziva

I've had no problems soloing any of the Kingpins except Lord Trok on Dromund Kass (yes, I know they are technically "group" missions). The amount of stuns Trok has is absolutely ridiculous. It seems like every other attack is a stun. I understand the Kingpins are supposed to be difficult but this is a bit over the top.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are a pure DPS class and your healer is very well geared, you'll have no problems.

If you are a Tank with good gear and have a healer that's very-well, geared, again you should have no problems.

If you're a class that has a healing tree, respec to healing and use your best-geared DPS or Tank. It takes a bit longer but she cannot kill you if you're careful.

All in all, as you pointed out OP, these are group quests. You are supposed to solo them only if you are well-geared and your companions are well-geared too. If you're not, ask in general chat and get a group.

I don't see why they should nerf/change anything that is clearly marked as "Group" content, just because some people have problems soloing it. It's not meant to be soloed so that's not a good reason.

These days, I just go out to her, thats the only kingpin I do for the most part and put out a group request. Within minutes there are bunches of people, we take her down 2-4 times for everybody to get in their quests and we're done. Ive dropped her everyday since the event began that way without heavy delays.

Tank companion and healer can take her down - did it myself, but it is a veeeeery looooong booooring fight. Its not only that she stuns,she also heals herself. And that add does not help things,too. So yeah, out of 4 kingpins i have unlocked so far this one i am going to do with group,if at all.

i was doing these kingpin missions and realized 'this is why i don't really tanking so much in swtor'

the tank is almost constantly being controlled and much more often than any other role in the group.

also probably a reason why some get frustrated with pvp, but at least there they have resolve.

Edited by oaceen

Yeah, her and Sandoval on Coruscant are the hardest ones imo. I soloed everything but those 2 as I worked my way through the kingpins.

I didnt have a problem with Trok, probably because I did it on a lvl 55, but Corscant was hell on a lvl 27 scoundrel. I got tossed around and didnt have the output or reach when the adds came. A lvl 15 sage passed by on one of my attempts and her/his healing was enough to keep my up. So thanks, Mr/Ms Sage. Did Hutta on a lvl 17 operative and that was probably rhe easiest one of them all.

Edited by MidichIorian

I didnt have a problem with Trok, probably because I did it on a lvl 55, but Corscant was hell on a lvl 27 scoundrel. I got tossed around and didnt have the output or reach when the adds came. A lvl 15 sage passed by on one of my attempts and her/his healing was enough to keep my up. So thanks, Mr/Ms Sage. Did Hutta on a lvl 17 operative and that was probably rhe easiest one of them all.

I did all my Kingpins on 50's or higher, I just don't have geared companions on my PvP toons making it pretty tough to keep them alive. Its one thing if you have a decently geared healing companion, but its a completely different story if you're incapable of self-healing and don't have gear for your healer. In my case running Coruscant, my Corso simply didn't have enough gear so he got shredded faster than my scoundrel healer could keep up.

I've had no problems soloing any of the Kingpins except Lord Trok on Dromund Kass (yes, I know they are technically "group" missions). The amount of stuns Trok has is absolutely ridiculous. It seems like every other attack is a stun. I understand the Kingpins are supposed to be difficult but this is a bit over the top.

It's not just the Kingpins and stuns. Some of the regular bounties and the sweeping knock backs are just as bad. No sooner that I get back on my feet I'm getting knocked off again and tossed 30 ft away, then stunned for 5 seconds, oh wait I get 2 attacks in and then another knock back......etc. a bit excessive I think. I think these mobs need a cool down on some of these abilities.

Guess it all depends on our class, I have unlocked Trok on my healing sorc and I have no issue at all and my tank companion isn't that well geared.

On the other hand the Alderaan crime lord is obliterating my DPS commando although I am well geared so is my healing companion, it's not that the boss himself is hard it's mostly the adds that keep spawning that quickly become an annoyance and get me killed.

I agree.

It shows a poor design when all you can create for an encounter is having a boss or mob with a stun,knockdown or incapacitation move on a 1-2 sec cool down and just to be more mediocre add in: Lets spawn 2-3 adds.

I guess it's a good thing every class has a 1-2 second interrupt. Oh wait.......

Guess it all depends on our class, I have unlocked Trok on my healing sorc and I have no issue at all and my tank companion isn't that well geared.

On the other hand the Alderaan crime lord is obliterating my DPS commando although I am well geared so is my healing companion, it's not that the boss himself is hard it's mostly the adds that keep spawning that quickly become an annoyance and get me killed.

Target swapping is your best friend here - those adds dies in 2 seconds.

Already soloed with gunnery commando + Elara.

I've soloed them all no problem. L2p issue.

This.

Got the last of the achievements on Saturday afternoon and loved this event. Having said that, this was the first Kingpin I unlocked and the first fight went horribly wrong. I was on my DPS Sorc with tank companion, well geared (both) but I was not prepared for the fight at all.

The next fight, and all the others, were decidedly in my favour. In other words, it was a challenge and I'm happy with how it's been implemented.

I had my Gunslinger matched up against the Alderaan kingpin and that fight is probably the most fun I've had playing solo in a while. Lots of running around trying to re-position to get the drop on the adds and avoid the AoE. Very fun.

While, I agree with the thought about the mission be group content, I do have an issue with ther player's inability to resist a stun or other effect, it seems an inquisitor with a super high value willpower should be really, really, really hard to stun, yet a level 55 top geared Assassin can be consistently stunned by a level 12 mob, most embarrassing I say...

Sue