Huttball firetrap

OpeningToEndgame

Just happened a few minutes ago. A Vanguard tank STOOD in the firetrap. Not walked through. Got cc'd in it and survived. Please tell me how the )*(&*(^%^ that's possible.??!!? Doesn't the damage increase as the fire continues to tick? Is there some hidden mechanic I am unaware of? I will admit that I've never played a tank. It -might- be possible. She had no healers. She also had 36k health. Survived with 13k.

I am not saying they're hacking/exploiting. I am just saying something isn't sitting well with me.

Just happened a few minutes ago. A Vanguard tank STOOD in the firetrap. Not walked through. Got cc'd in it and survived. Please tell me how the )*(&*(^%^ that's possible.??!!? Doesn't the damage increase as the fire continues to tick? Is there some hidden mechanic I am unaware of? I will admit that I've never played a tank. It -might- be possible. She had no healers. She also had 36k health. Survived with 13k.

I am not saying they're hacking/exploiting. I am just saying something isn't sitting well with me.

You answered your own question. It was a tank stacking endurance who most likely popped a medpack. It's possible and it happens all the time.

VGs and PTs also have this nifty ability that rapidly heals them when their health gets below 30% which I'd imagine also helps to keep them alive.

A tank jugg could probably pop off endure pain and survive a fire trap. I think popping off invincible could help a jugg tank survive a fire pit as well.

Of course if a healer happens to be around, they might be able to help keep a tank alive.

I see vanguard tanks walk through the fire all the time. Firetraps should do unmitigated damage like fall damage. Anyone caught in those traps should die very quickly regardless of class or heals.

Actually they don't. You can mitigate it with pure damage reduction abilities / talents.

It's just lag.

Welcome to SWTOR

What really? People still don't understand how fire works. I'll explain. Fire does 5k damage base every half second. For the purposes of damage reduction fire counts as kinetic damage. What this means is that an ion tank specced in AP for the stun reduction and popping energy shield while getting stunned will take approx 1400 damage per half second. More or less depending on other buffs. Ballistic shield on that power tech would reduce the damage to less than 500. Guardians can do a similar trick if the spec into vigilance for the extra defensive cd/damage reduction. Shadow tanks are in a rough spot here as no matter what they are going to be taking around 3-4k per second. Hope that clears it up.

What really? People still don't understand how fire works. I'll explain. Fire does 5k damage base every half second. For the purposes of damage reduction fire counts as kinetic damage. What this means is that an ion tank specced in AP for the stun reduction and popping energy shield while getting stunned will take approx 1400 damage per half second. More or less depending on other buffs. Ballistic shield on that power tech would reduce the damage to less than 500. Guardians can do a similar trick if the spec into vigilance for the extra defensive cd/damage reduction. Shadow tanks are in a rough spot here as no matter what they are going to be taking around 3-4k per second. Hope that clears it up.

This.

PT with following defensive talents / cds:

- 25% damage reduction using Energy Shield

- 30% aoe damage reduction with Stabilized Armor talent

- 30% all damage reduction when stunned with Stabilized Armor talent

Do the maths yourself. Fire barely tickles a correctly specced PT.

Edited by ParagonAX

Undying Rage...Nuff Said

The fire could give stacks per burn, i dont know the amount of ticks for a full beginning>end burn but they could just make the last tick do 300x it's normal damage. ONLY if you been in there the whole burn.

People get much more confused by my mara using undying rage, or my lethality op can sit stunned in the fire with shield probe up and 1-2 decent healers.

On a pt or vanguard the fire is just laughable. Hydraulic overrides and resist buff right through anything.

Juggs/guards have ways to do the same.

Sins/shadows just force speed through but could easily be healed through by one decent healer.

There's a reason it's called tanking.

People get much more confused by my mara using undying rage, or my lethality op can sit stunned in the fire with shield probe up and 1-2 decent healers.

On a pt or vanguard the fire is just laughable. Hydraulic overrides and resist buff right through anything.

Juggs/guards have ways to do the same.

Sins/shadows just force speed through but could easily be healed through by one decent healer.

There's a reason it's called tanking.

The fires are there for a reason too. You shouldn't ever survive a full burn, tank or not, period.

The fires are there for a reason too. You shouldn't ever survive a full burn, tank or not, period.

This. Being able to survive a fire trap defeats the point of them even being there. Tanks are already near impossible to kill in huttball, topple that with another tank or an off tank guarding them + healers on them and no amount of dps is going to kill them. No one should be able to mitigate the fire trap damage. That is practically the only efficient way to kill a tank and with them being able to survive it...it's just stupid.

This. Being able to survive a fire trap defeats the point of them even being there. Tanks are already near impossible to kill in huttball, topple that with another tank or an off tank guarding them + healers on them and no amount of dps is going to kill them. No one should be able to mitigate the fire trap damage. That is practically the only efficient way to kill a tank and with them being able to survive it...it's just stupid.

^^^^^^

Utility-based specs with crappy damage have no place in a DPS race. They will be nowhere near as effective in arenas as they are now in huttball due to traps.