Sitting emote may be coming soon to the game.....

LordArtemis

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/08/13/hyperspace-beacon-swtor-nuna-nuggets-from-czerka-dailies-the-f/

Jesse apologized for the relaxation unit (you know the chair you can sit in for only 15 seconds at a time). He said that it was never the designers' intent to mock roleplayers with that cartel item. And as if to make up for the misstep, Jesse explained that coming soon, players will gain an emote that will allow them to appear as if they are sitting in a chair. The details of this emote are as of yet unknown, but I know that I will be anxiously awaiting any future word on this story. - Larry Everett - Editor - Hyperspace Beacon - Massively

This is exactly what was suggested by the community. It was a good idea, and I think it's great to hear we will likely see it soon.

Now, if we can just convince them to do the same with a /sleep emote we will be set.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/08/13/hyperspace-beacon-swtor-nuna-nuggets-from-czerka-dailies-the-f/

Jesse apologized for the relaxation unit (you know the chair you can sit in for only 15 seconds at a time). He said that it was never the designers' intent to mock roleplayers with that cartel item. And as if to make up for the misstep, Jesse explained that coming soon, players will gain an emote that will allow them to appear as if they are sitting in a chair. The details of this emote are as of yet unknown, but I know that I will be anxiously awaiting any future word on this story. - Larry Everett - Editor - Hyperspace Beacon - Massively

This is exactly what was suggested by the community. It was a good idea, and I think it's great to hear we will likely see it soon.

Now, if we can just convince them to do the same with a /sleep emote we will be set.

Thank goodness!

And, I'm with you.... Are we gonna get /sleep soon too?

:D

The misstep happened about 2 years ago when they launched a game without a simple feature that's been in MMO's for a decade.

Glad they aren't working in the air safety industry... with their track record they'd be about to introduce new regulations on the use of hydrogen in dirigibles.

Does this mean the emote will make your character sit on an invisible chair in thin air? :D

If so.. I'll pass. :)

Edited by Andryah

The misstep happened about 2 years ago when they launched a game without a simple feature that's been in MMO's for a decade.

Glad they aren't working in the air safety industry... with their track record they'd be about to introduce new regulations on the use of hydrogen in dirigibles.

I remember two years ago when I almost quit because I couldn't /sit. No wait, nevermind, that never happened. Sitting wouldn't have saved anything. Its icing on the cake.

I remember two years ago when I almost quit because I couldn't /sit. No wait, nevermind, that never happened. Sitting wouldn't have saved anything. Its icing on the cake.

Actually I think it would have....lack of /sit, /sleep, swim and the like for RP was cited quite often in lists of reasons why folks left the game across different sites that compiled lists...it was listed under lack of RP support OR lack of QoL features.

I think it really doesn't fit in the latter, more the former.

Does this mean the emote will make your character sit on an invisible chair in thin air? :D

If so.. I'll pass. :)

You should read the quote again. It says it will allow them to appear as if they are "sitting in a chair", not "sitting on thin air"

You should read the quote again. It says it will allow them to appear as if they are "sitting in a chair", not "sitting on thin air"

Actually, I've had and played with this emote quite a bit in my old MMO and from what I understand, it's the same for all of them.

If you are standing in the middle of the room with nothing around and use "/sit" then you will be sitting in midair. However, if you come up to something, turn around and type in "/sit" you really do look like you are sitting on that chair, sofa, stair, low wall, car bumper, trashcan, building ledge..... whatever. (The building ledge makes for great screenshots btw).

Frankly, I always thought that wasn't unlike RL, you can sit on just about anything you like but if you try to sit on something and nothing is around, you kinda do wind up looking a little silly. :D

Edited by Dallayna

I can read quite fine thank you.

The important part being "as if" ... which is why I posed the question. It does not say "in a chair".

You should read the quote again.

Heh... have not ridden in an invisi-taxi in several months. Where do I find them these days?

I see them blinking in and out of existence in Coruscant and in Nar Shadaa still. I assume they're just passing through white holes in space or something like that.

The inclusion of /sit and /sleep and whatever other fluff emote wouldn't have changed a damn thing. The people (morons) that would quit over that are in the very, very, very small minority. Edited by Atma

The inclusion of /sit and /sleep and whatever other fluff emote wouldn't have changed a damn thing. The people (morons) that would quit over that are in the very, very, very small minority.

There are many responses I could give to this comment....fluff emote being accurate certainly....umm...the moron comment and it's similarity to hitting yourself in the head with a brick....hmm.....I could respond to the very very very profuse use of very very very......as if I don't get tics when I use periods.

Instead I'll just say this.

An orange is both a fruit..and a color. Thank you for playing.