Treek needs to shut up

Ixum

Its alienese before, during and after a kill... it gets very tiresome after a while. Can we send Treek to a etiquette droid for some training?

I dunno... I prefer "yab yab" a hundret times over "Did I mention, that I am pacifist?"

All companions need to learn to shut up.

Questing is usually a spam of companion voices. Crafting is a spam of companion voices. Even wandering my ship is (C2-N2). Be silent, Companions! Unless i am talking to you, be silent.

Every companion talks at a decent pace, usually saying something every 3rd fight or so...Treek is the only one that seems to break this and speak 2-4 times every single fight, it is beyond annoying.

I suggest you all watch Ep. 6 again.. Ewoks aren't exactly quiet when they fight.. If you don't like it then don't get an Ewok companion..

Or as the poster above said.. Put on your big girl panties and learn where your audio controls are.. :D

Not an acceptable solution.

What they need to do is add a slider on how often all companions talk.. Setting 0 would be completely silent, and setting 10 would be that of a mag pie and talking all the time..

I personally don't mind my companions talking.. They add to the ambience of the game.. Why don't these same people complain about other noises in the game?? It just seems hypocritical if you ask me.. Like the giggle for instance?? I am tired of hearing smugglers giggle.. Why can't all smugglers just be quiet??

It is just a game.. Get over it.. :)

The solution was directed at you Bomyne.. The rest was in general..

Edited by MajikMyst

All companions need to learn to shut up.

Questing is usually a spam of companion voices. Crafting is a spam of companion voices. Even wandering my ship is (C2-N2). Be silent, Companions! Unless i am talking to you, be silent.

Ye... personally I feel when its in english it tends to melt away into the background so I don't really notice it

What they need to do is add a slider on how often all companions talk.. Setting 0 would be completely silent, and setting 10 would be that of a mag pie and talking all the time..

I personally would like that and would set it to 2 or 3 (if 5 is current). I don't mind companion talk, i just don't want to be spammed with it. Except C2-N2. I don't want to hear him at all :p

I personally don't mind my companions talking.. They add to the ambience of the game.. Why don't these same people complain about other noises in the game?? It just seems hypocritical if you ask me.. Like the giggle for instance?? I am tired of hearing smugglers giggle.. Why can't all smugglers just be quiet??

I have in the past complained about the random cackles. I've heard that they are audio cues to let you know when certain abilities proc. Personally i don't need the audio cues as i can see it on the UI.

EDIT: Another thing that annoys me about Treek, Bowdaar and any non-Basic language companion is i must have the chat open to see what they are saying during combat/questing. Can't we have a subtitle style thing outside of conversations for those companions???

Edited by Bomyne

• 10 months later...
I think some of you people need to get a sense of humor. The voice of Treek is great.

For some reason I do not think Treeks noice is intended as humor.

But if you like to listen to endless oneliners and still call that humor I guess you have alot to laugh about in this game.

• 3 weeks later...
What they need to do is add a slider on how often all companions talk.. Setting 0 would be completely silent, and setting 10 would be that of a mag pie and talking all the time.. .

I support this option as well as a slider to control the volume of companion speech, because some of them are just to boisterous.

/signed

Treek's commentary is way excessive compared to other companions, including HK-51. No one (reasonable) is asking to silence her completely, just tone it down some. They recognized this problem in the ship droid and fixed it in an early patch, so there's no reason they can't do the same thing with Treek.

....put on your big girl panties and learn where your game sound controls are.

No. I should not have to mute the entire game just because Treek mouths off three times more often than any other companion.

Edited by Lednew

• 4 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.