I got Treek - why do I have to level up her gear as well?

UltimateKrucible

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Band-aid fix is just removing the mods from HK (assuming you have him) and putting them in her gear. Then just replace with 55 stuff as you get it.

She's designed to be a level 10 companion for levelling, just as HK was designed as a level 50 companion. Though you can mod both for whatever you happen to be.

I much prefer that we have this "problem" than the opposite we have with HK-51. This way you can use her full gear set from any level just by putting in new mods. The way HK-51 comes his orange set is completely useless until level 50, and because he's a droid he is a pain to gear until at least 30. It seems that they "learned their lesson" with HK-51 and did the least worst thing with the new teddy bear.

Now, if we could just wear Tweek as a backpack . . .

i much prefer that we have this "problem" than the opposite we have with hk-51. This way you can use her full gear set from any level just by putting in new mods. The way hk-51 comes his orange set is completely useless until level 50, and because he's a droid he is a pain to gear until at least 30. It seems that they "learned their lesson" with hk-51 and did the least worst thing with the new teddy bear.

Now, if we could just wear tweek as a backpack . . .

qft. :)

Band-aid fix is just removing the mods from HK (assuming you have him) and putting them in her gear. Then just replace with 55 stuff as you get it.

She's designed to be a level 10 companion for levelling, just as HK was designed as a level 50 companion. Though you can mod both for whatever you happen to be.

OR buy mods off the comms vendors if you don't want to strip HK.

OR... buy cheap gear off the GTN and strip the mods.

OR.. here is a really good reason to be self sufficient in crafting your own armors and mods.

Any combination of the above works well too.

Thanks for the replies - Have to say that's pretty shoddy game design, seeing as you have to have legacy lvl 40 to get the damn thing.

Not much need for a lvl 10 companion at top lvl. Biofail strikes again.

I disagree that it's a fail. I agree with another poster I rather have this than the thing we had with HK. But HK even made since because you had to be 50 to start his quest, treek you only need to be lvl 10 with legacy 40. I have her for my lvl 24 Sentinal and she is a beast and great for leveling. You have to remember treek is designed to be obtained at lvl 10 the earliest. Its not much use for her if she has lvl 50-55 gear and not being able to use her at the lower levels.

Just buy mods from the supply venders with planetary comms problem solved

Thanks for the replies - Have to say that's pretty shoddy game design, seeing as you have to have legacy lvl 40 to get the damn thing.

There are multiple ways to get the companion, but not multiple versions of her so they're going to 'insult' someone no matter how they have her geared.

Completely inaccurate.

The failure lies within you, not Biwoare.

Protip: Your companion is YOUR LEVEL.... ALWAYs.

And frankly, if the concept of properly gearing your companion is beyond you.. this game is probably not for you to be honest. Your use of the pejorative term "Biofail" further exemplifies this IMO.

Edited by Andryah

She comes with 2 sets of gear, why not have the set she has on at level 10 and the set you have to open at your characters current level, would make it a lot better.

Only thing there is that for those that get her at level 10 just get what she has now.

Win, win, way of doing it, but is just my opinion.

She comes with 2 sets of gear, why not have the set she has on at level 10 and the set you have to open at your characters current level, would make it a lot better.

Only thing there is that for those that get her at level 10 just get what she has now.

Win, win, way of doing it, but is just my opinion.

After I bought Treek, I got an in-game mail which I had momentarily assumed to be her level 50 gearset, but to my dissappointment, was an additional set of level 10 gear identical to what she was wearing?!? Pretty strange.

Probably the reason they didn't give out a level 50 set was because it would be possible to strip the armorings & mods to use in your player character - not that level 50 blue stuff would be game-breaking in any way, but someone would surely cry "pay-to-win" over it.

After I bought Treek, I got an in-game mail which I had momentarily assumed to be her level 50 gearset, but to my dissappointment, was an additional set of level 10 gear identical to what she was wearing?!? Pretty strange.

Probably the reason they didn't give out a level 50 set was because it would be possible to strip the armorings & mods to use in your player character - not that level 50 blue stuff would be game-breaking in any way, but someone would surely cry "pay-to-win" over it.

Yea that's probably right. Also pretty clear at this point the OP didn't ever need help with an issue, this is just a complaint thread.

Yea that's probably right. Also pretty clear at this point the OP didn't ever need help with an issue, this is just a complaint thread.

Hey! I resent that - I was genuinely asking for help.

It only became a complaint thread when it became clear that, yes, biofail introduced a game component which required extensive endgame experience - only for that component to be useless at endgame!

Hats off to them! They try so hard to get this MMO thing, and fail so hard too. It's almost endearing.

The only fail is that it didn't come with both a level 10 set and a level 55 set. Especially since they give you two sets of identical gear :rolleyes:

That being said getting gear for her isn't that hard, much easier than it was with HK with his droid gear.

Oh yeah .. I could pay cash on top of my sub ... Sorry, but you seem to have mistaken me for a sucker.

Protip: Buy her for credits off the GTN from another player if you don't have legacy 40 OR spend your free CCs on something other then cartel packs.

But you already admitted you have legacy 40.. so you are just looking to complain and fight with other forum members.

Stop distorting and presenting false information.

Edited by Andryah

This could well be what it is. Although... they could have given a set of 50/55 green, requires Treek. Then you couldn't use them for self or other comps.

This could well be what it is. Although... they could have given a set of 50/55 green, requires Treek. Then you couldn't use them for self or other comps.

Yeah, this is kind of what I expected - especially when I got the second set of gear in the post. It just boggles the mind that an endgame companion ... unless you spend CC on it ... doesn't some with endgame gear.

Funnily enough, in the 'guide to buying Treek', none of this gets mentioned - only that you have to be lvl ten. At no point does it say '.... because Treek comes with lvl 10 gear'.

Well hope others considering getting the Ewok are duly warned - so glad I didn't waste real money on this.

The big gripe with Hk-51 was that he only came with level 50 gear, and therefore was useless to anyone who unlocked him for their lowbie alts. His level 50 was also sucky for level 50 and I had to completely replace all his gear. I'm also not satisfied using Treek with anytihng less than 69's, and I'm pretty sure Bioware would not give us a companion with a set of gear that players could pull out her mods and use. That would make her an easy way for players to buy awesome end-game gear and just imagine the outcry then. Edited by chuixupu