Request: Make the Commando's healing Hammer Shot the same as the Merc equivalent.

Pegjot

The Commando Hammer Shot is practically a huge giant green arrow pointing at the healer. It sucks for PVP where as my Mercenary just shoots a few tiny dart-like beams that are pretty much invisible. It seems a little unfair, right?

If there is a thread already about this I apologise.

If there is a thread already about this I apologise.

lol, yes, there have been quite a few.

to recap:

it gives me away!

people will focus you anyway just looking at your cell!

it gives me away even when i hide behind corners!

i like the green beam!

can we change the color? that would be cool.

we're not even talking about that!

and then it sort of devolves from there.

Edited by oaceen

lol, yes, there have been quite a few.

to recap:

it gives me away!

people will focus you anyway just looking at your cell!

it gives me away even when i hide behind corners!

i like the green beam!

can we change the color? that would be cool.

we're not even talking about that!

and then it sort of devolves from there.

B-b-b-b-b-b-but the fact we have a visible healing cell is enough to deal with, let alone a giant tractor beam that any noob can follow. -____-

Honestly this is so far down the priority list its not even worth mentioning.

Why not? It's a cosmetic fix. It would be an artist fixing this as opposed to gameplay designers/programmers.

This stupid animation NEEDS to go, it's pathetic and horrible.

Most players do not need the green beam to know that there is a target aside the one that is punching them wih some glowsticks. Last when the Hp of your target jumps from 20% to 60% they will start hunting you like easter eggs. And once found a healer will ( at least should) be marked so that you do not even need to cast HS to be perfectly visible. Edited by Woebearer

Why not? It's a cosmetic fix. It would be an artist fixing this as opposed to gameplay designers/programmers.

This stupid animation NEEDS to go, it's pathetic and horrible.

It doesnt need to be changed. It has no impact on anything in game, other than being a personal preference.

And I think there are plenty of other things that the artists could be working on instead of this.

It doesnt need to be changed. It has no impact on anything in game, other than being a personal preference.

And I think there are plenty of other things that the artists could be working on instead of this.

An animation developer could probably create a new animation in a few hours tops, especially something as simple as a shooting animation. Heck they could use the same assets from Rapid Shots, scale it up and make it one bullet (more or less) and done.

The solid green beam (which is actually blue for me as I have tritanopic eye color defincinvy ) is horrible looking. :/ I'm not sure why people are trying to justify it and say it's fine. It's ugly. Simple as that.

Edited by Aramyth

An animation developer could probably create a new animation in a few hours tops, especially something as simple as a shooting animation. Heck they could use the same assets from Rapid Shots, scale it up and make it one bullet (more or less) and done.

The solid green beam (which is actually blue for me as I have tritanopic eye color defincinvy ) is horrible looking. :/ I'm not sure why people are trying to justify it and say it's fine. It's ugly. Simple as that.

There are countless things that would probably take the devs a few hours tops to fix/implement that would hugely improve QoL stuff in the game. Doesnt mean the devs are going to do them.

Like I said, it has no effect on performance and is simply a personal preference issue.

Honestly, I think a mercenary, with both green guns shooting with that screeching sound is as identificable as the green ray from mandos.

In fact, if you look well, they don't even need to shoot! you can see it directly from the weapon.

Edited by metalfenix

The simple fact is that this has been requested since before SWTOR went live. It hasn't been changed in all that time...no one should have any reasonable expectation that continuing to ask will generate a different result.

Take solace in the fact that you can tell people exactly where you are when they clearly need to pass the Huttball.