So, I was tanking some hard modes and all the sudden I died

MercArcher

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

but it was ok because I looked at my combat log to figure out what killed me and we prevented that next attem.... oh wait.

No worries bro, I'm moving my action bars around, it's so awes... oh wait.

Edited by dvvx

So you're saying you were unable to read and remember all the floating combat text while tanking? Clearly fraps is the answer.

Ahh yes, fraps. I can use that for about half an hour before the memory leaks kill my framerates. I'd relog to fix it, but there's no grace period so I'd get stuck in the queue.

Edited by MercArcher

Here's a hypothetical...What if you are in a group and tank keeps dying or just seems to be receiving spike damage? Do you, A. Blame the tank and call them "bad at tanking"? B. Blame healer for not casting enough to keep tank health at a safe level? or C. Blame DPS for slacking off? You could keep trying to kill the same mob over and over again and struggle, or check combat log and see right away what needs changed. Personally I'd rather sit in a queue than wipe to a boss over and over again and not know what's really killing us... EDIT : And before anyone says "WE DID THIS FINE WITHOUT COMBAT LOGS"...sure...we did fine without electricity and automobiles too for centuries, but it doesn't mean we should go back to doing things the hard way... Edited by laparkuh

but it was ok because I looked at my combat log to figure out what killed me and we prevented that next attem.... oh wait.

So do you need a combat log to know why you died when you play Skyrim or any other game that involves damage known to man?

No.

So do you need a combat log to know why you died when you play Skyrim or any other game that involves damage known to man?

No.

No, I cuss and reload my character and burn every resist buff and potion I have because I'm not sure if it was just a critical hit or he's exploiting a weakness (IE. low magical resists or AC)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.