Treek appreciation + Affection issue/bug?

dakajojo

Kudos BioWare! I think Treek is an absolute hit and she's fast becoming a favorite of mine (Good bye, Theran!) I really hope that we see more customizations (skins) for her in the future - either being available at some vendors, the Cartel Market or even the Collector's Edition vendor. :jawa_wink:

However, I have a little bit of a concern... I unlocked Treek account wide so I could use her on multiple characters. I just went through some missions on one of my lower level toons and it doesn't seem that I'm gaining any affection from Treek when choosing dialog. (Read: Choosing dialog that normally would gain/lose affection with another companion, shows no affection gained/lost with Treek no matter what you choose as a selection.) Is anyone else having this issue? Devs, is this a bug or intentional? :jawa_confused:

Edited by dakajojo

Kudos BioWare! I think Treek is an absolute hit and she's fast becoming a favorite of mine (Good bye, Theran!) I really hope that we see more customizations (skins) for her in the future - either being available at some vendors, the Cartel Market or even the Collector's Edition vendor. :jawa_wink:

However, I have a little bit of a concern... I unlocked Treek account wide so I could use her on multiple characters. I just went through some missions on one of my lower level toons and it doesn't seem that I'm gaining any affection from Treek when choosing dialog. (Read: Choosing dialog that normally would gain/lose affection with another companion, shows no affection gained/lost with Treek no matter what you choose as a selection.) Is anyone else having this issue? Devs, is this a bug or intentional? :jawa_confused:

Like HK you won't gain any affection points from class/missions, you will only gain affection from companion gifts or Treek's conversations.

Hope this helps.

Like HK you won't gain any affection points from class/missions, you will only gain affection from companion gifts or Treek's conversations.

Hope this helps.

Ah, that makes sense. It's a shame that you don't though. Thank you for letting me know! :)

I'd imagine any new companions would not hooked in to previous conversation content, so would not gain affection for "older" content. That would be a lot of work to go back and retrofit every conversation for affection gains for new global companions.

I'd imagine any new companions would not hooked in to previous conversation content, so would not gain affection for "older" content. That would be a lot of work to go back and retrofit every conversation for affection gains for new global companions.

So does that mean they never speak either?

So does that mean they never speak either?

During conversations? I've never seen HK speak up in any old content conversation. I don't even recall him talking during any post 2.0 conversations either, but it was rare for me to have him present during story content there.

Well I'm having a possibly related issue...

I buttered up my Treek to around 6k affection and then went to ship to initiate convos, but there was only the one starting meet and greet convo? There were no others to follow up with. Seems by 6k affection there normally would have been several. Leaving the ship and re-entering didn't do anything either.

I buttered up my Treek to around 6k affection and then went to ship to initiate convos, but there was only the one starting meet and greet convo? There were no others to follow up with. Seems by 6k affection there normally would have been several. Leaving the ship and re-entering didn't do anything either.

Did you give her gifts to get her to 6k affection? :jawa_confused:

I got the same problem.. 10k affection and only one conversation. I know there is more since I watched a youtube video of her conversations.

Having the exact same issue regarding Treek's lack of conversations no matter the affection level.

-Acquired Treek via the credit-purchasable quest item.

-Had initial acquisition conversation with her/droid.

-Used gifts to raise affection to 4500.

-Had 'settling in' conversation on ship.

-No further dialogue options.

-Used gifts to raise affection to 8500.

-No further dialogue options, but right-clicking her brings up "We will talk on the starship when you are ready, Chief" blurb.

Obviously a bug somewhere along the line since we know that she had several dialogues while in Beta. I haven't seen an official BW post/acknowledgment on the subject and only a couple of user threads so I'm hoping this can be fixed sooner rather than later.