The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Switch Tracer and Fusion Missile's animations.

escalantevincent

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another issue with the current tracer missile animation is that if you're using a chest armor piece without a jetpack (why do you fire your jet pack to get a missile off, anyway?) you'll have a giant flame belch coming out of thin air behind you. Looks rather stupid.

i do NOT want my primary attack putting a target on my enemy so they know it is coming, I do NOT want a laser pointer pointing me out while casting,

these are bot STUPID ideas for our main attack and I strongly oppose the change due to pvp awareness

i do NOT want my primary attack putting a target on my enemy so they know it is coming, I do NOT want a laser pointer pointing me out while casting,

these are bot STUPID ideas for our main attack and I strongly oppose the change due to pvp awareness

You can barely see the laser beam. Bending over and lighting fireworks out of your rear is a much bigger giveaway than a very faint red line on the screen.

You can barely see the laser beam. Bending over and lighting fireworks out of your rear is a much bigger giveaway than a very faint red line on the screen.

healers on the other side can seee the red line and start their pre-heal on them

bad idea

Switching them is easier...

1. Arsenal Mercs who are serious about pvp do not want a laser-targeter with their main attack.

2. I will just stop using Fusion Missile completely if I have to see my character taking a dump to use it.

I don't care what's easier, it's a bad idea.

Anyone playing an Arsenal spec Merc can agree that the animation for Tracer Missile blows. It's not that the animation itself is bad, but...we spam the heck out of Tracer so our BH is constantly bent over, which looks stupid. I think the easiest fix, so Bioware does not have to make a new animation or anything like that, is to simply switch the casting animations of Tracer and Fusion missile. I think the animation for Fusion makes much more sense for Tracer, and vice versa.

I 100% agree, simple solution to a simple problem.

If that's the case, then Snipe must be worthless...

Snipe is not worthless, but it also hits harder than TM... and when i have that icon on me, i can LOS him at least 30% of the time. This is the reason I complain about people asking for the change. If I can use their animation to reduce my damage, i don't want others to do the same to me.

snipe is definitely LESS USEFUL because of the animation, and tbh that is plain dumb.

I couldn't care less tbh. I'd rather see the devs spend their time more productively than wasting it on stupid stuff like this.

Sry, but if there is time for absolutely stupid things like gay marriage, then there should be time for stuff like this, that lots of ppl want since the beginning of the game.

And its not even a big change.

I have to agree, Fusion Missile animation looks a lot like a missile trace and Tracer Missile cast looks a lot bigger and something that might explode for burning AoE damage. ;> Edited by Hxxr

Sry, but if there is time for absolutely stupid things like gay marriage, then there should be time for stuff like this, that lots of ppl want since the beginning of the game.

And its not even a big change.

A lot more people are annoyed by the lack of same-sex romance in the game than those who want Tracer Missile's animation changed.

Just because you don't care about it, doesn't mean you have to be ignorant.

Add me to this list. I was psyched to finally get Tracer Missile, then disappointed to see I was going to be bent over for the next 30 levels. I know there's only so many ways to launch missiles, but there has GOT to be a better option than this for our main Arsenal attack (especially when compared to Grav Round, the Trooper equivalent, that gets a cool stance and sound effect).

yes please...im soo sick of this :(

I understand not liking that animation but please please no early warning in pvp (target graphics on intended target and red laser pointer) ... i mean really, in pvp this will be horrid,

make a new animation, do not use the one that lets people put up sheilds and pre heals (or do LOS) because the "know it is coming"

• 3 weeks later...
I understand not liking that animation but please please no early warning in pvp (target graphics on intended target and red laser pointer) ... i mean really, in pvp this will be horrid,

make a new animation, do not use the one that lets people put up sheilds and pre heals (or do LOS) because the "know it is coming"

On the other hand you could do it to one person to make the enemy blow all their cooldowns while the rest of the team ganks another who is totally unsuspecting. :rolleyes: