evel 55 PvP even more unbalanced than 50!

Kheld

I hit 55, jumped into a Warzone, and was then utterly destroyed many many times, with incoming hits on me of 5~8k quite common (one quarter to one third of my health).

Looking at the level 55 gear much of it now gives 150 expertise. Which means someone who has had the time to gear up becomes much more deadly then a new 55.

Really Bioware. You did the impossible. You made endgame PvP even more unbalanced than it was at 50. A staggering achievement.

Please don't start designing safety equipment, or nuclear bombs, or nanotechnology or bioweapons for the love of god.

I hit 55, jumped into a Warzone, and was then utterly destroyed many many times, with incoming hits on me of 5~8k quite common (one quarter to one third of my health).

Looking at the level 55 gear much of it now gives 150 expertise. Which means someone who has had the time to gear up becomes much more deadly then a new 55.

Really Bioware. You did the impossible. You made endgame PvP even more unbalanced than it was at 50. A staggering achievement.

Please don't start designing safety equipment, or nuclear bombs, or nanotechnology or bioweapons for the love of god.

OMG! WELCOME TO A MMO!!

Do you honestly think you would hit 55 and then jump into a warzone pwning face? And blaming Bioware for not giving you gear right off the bat? SMH

I see posts from people complaining about all sorts of things. But your post has sunk to a new level of derpness.

Endgame pvp should not be balanced for fresh 55's. it should be balanced for high level geared ranked players since every new player assumes their lack of skill is hacks or imbalance.

So, high level geared ranked players have more skill than fresh 55s ?

Skill has nothing to do with gear. Skill is skill, and gear is gear.

You don't mention that the "high level gear" plays a role in terms of Comptence, too.

Well, yes - but one of the minor "skills" in a MMO is selecting the right gear. There are very few highly skilled players running round with cunning gear on their Marauder or similar.

You should have no less than 24-25k health. If you do, then you're doing it wrong.

Take off any piece that has any amount of expertise on it unless it is level 55 PvP gear. Then augment your gear asap so you have more hp/stats.

This it surprises me how many people ***** and moan but don't do things that are common sense to prepare for PvP the same way you would for PvE to max your output. Or just plan lazy I can't imagine these people in earlier day MMOs man the tears would be enormous.

Edited by Avicii

You should have no less than 24-25k health. If you do, then you're doing it wrong.

Take off any piece that has any amount of expertise on it unless it is level 55 PvP gear. Then augment your gear asap so you have more hp/stats.

A lot of this.

You should be anticipating hitting 55. Get augments and augment kits, save up some warzone commendations so you can get some gear right off the bat.

There is no need to rush into max level warzones, many a players did this pre 2.0. So many did this in fact that they did not even get the recruit gear which is why the devs blessed us with bolster.

You don't mention that the "high level gear" plays a role in terms of Comptence, too.

Did you know that it has been proven that there is a direct relationship between time invested into X and your skill at doing X, therefore a geared player who has been playing at 55 for awhile = more time invested = more skill versus fresh 55 = less time invested = less skill. Therefore a geared player is more likely to be skilled than a fresh 55.

"Gear gap" is extremely minimal if you get gear from the Makeb vendor with planetary comms at 50. A full set of optimized 58s is better than Partisan and not far off of itemized Partisan. Relics are another issue since there are no pre 55 relics. Crafted earpiece/implants bolster just fine.

Augments are the gear gap and you can thank BW for that since LOL bolster didn't work with it and you are no longer bolstered for missing augments. Regardless, the players in full conqueror that have multiple months of playtime on their toon have far more experience and knowledge. So yes, skill is still going to cause a difference.

Yes, more than likely they have far more experience and skill is gained through practice.

I was wrecking face in lowbie with my dps sage. Then I jump on my 55 Assassin still in full war hero, got owned. BUT UNDERSTOOD WHY!!! lol.

Edited by Smuglebunny

Yes, more than likely they have far more experience and skill is gained through practice.

I was wrecking face in lowbie with my dps sage. Then I jump on my 55 Assassin still in full war hero, got owned. BUT UNDERSTOOD WHY!!! lol.

It's bc you are in full war hero. Don't use gear that is lower than 55 with expertise. Bolster does not work on it.

Edited by starsaviour
miss spelling

Lower levels are always more imbalanced because of disparagy of skill tree points/talents available.

On a side note, what is your HP And EXP? That will indicate whether or not you prepared properly for endgame PvP With the lolster system in place.

It's bc you are in full war hero. Don't use gear that is lower than 55 with expertise. Bolster does not work on it.

No it does not work on WH relics and weapons/OH IF you have a EXP crystal in them. Everything else is fine and is bolstered. Replace your crystals with Power or END and get new pvp relics. You are fine with that setup until you start to accumulate comms.

Edit: If you are wearing any PvP gear for the prior build that has exp (relics are ok though as long as replacing is your first priority) on it, take it off, buy an orange shell, fill it with cheap 50-54 purples off the GTN, and augment it. As for the non-modifiable stuff, crafted 54 purples FTW.

You EXP will be around 1980 assuming you purchase the new relics.

Edited by L-RANDLE

Endgame pvp should not be balanced for fresh 55's. it should be balanced for high level geared ranked players since every new player assumes their lack of skill is hacks or imbalance.

It should be balanced for those players just above average, but not at the top. (i.e. competent, but not masters) Balancing for the very top or the very bottom is a mistake that can screw up a game badly.

Edited by Master-Nala

Except Bioware doesn't seem to think so since they decided to add Bolster to the level 55 bracket.

A schizophrenic decision if you ask me.